Page 111 of 550 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 8245
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    While I very much admire KSD and Wilson; what LGBT characters have been included in their work?
    Just remembered - there's an intergalactic lesbian couple, I believe in Captain Marvel #6.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley-23fan23 View Post
    I would love a Moondragon ongoing. It would be dead in the water though.
    Maybe the book would be a hit if she went back to her original codename: Madame McEvil!

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Just remembered - there's an intergalactic lesbian couple, I believe in Captain Marvel #6.
    The scene in question:
    cm 6a.jpg
    cm 6b.jpg

--

In the light of Leelah Acorn's suicide, here is a Tumblr blog dedicated to combating youth suicide and depression and providing help, advice and support.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Will&Grace referred to short guys as "pocket gays"
    JACK: Well, you see what you have there, don't you?
    WILL: I see what I don't have, the other half of my date.
    JACK: What you have... is a pocket gay.
    WILL: A pocket gay?
    JACK: A pocket gay. The perfect travel-size homosexual. Just pop him in a man-purse, a briefcase, and you're good to go. In ten years they'll be making 'em all that way.

It wasn't quite ten years ago but apparently you're one of the new models.
    Never liked that show. Mostly because of Debra Messing; I just find her off-putting for some reason.
    Plus, I don't necessarily like the idea of being a little accessory for a man to put in his pocket and whip out when he's horny. It's a joke, I know, but it still rubs me the wrong way...kind of like Debra Messing.

27's still 9 years older.
    I failed math in school

Latest update: artsy 19 year old uni student; also an ex managed to find me; also a guy asked me to do something in his mouth and like no
    The artsy 19 year old student sounds promising, just as long as he's not snobby like some artsy people can get.

Can't speak from experience on the whole ex thing. Are you guys "just friends" now, post-breakup?

Put some water in his mouth because the thirst is real.

Trey, your name is adorable.
    I don't know whether to thank you or hate you

The idea that the man must be bigger kind of conforms to the stereotypes that the male in the relationship MUST be the superior and MUST be dominant. There we go, that's what we need in comics. More tall girls dating shorter guys.
    Aren't gender norms the best?
    How many tall girls date shorter guys in comics? On the DC side I know there's Barda and Scott Free. Also, in some interpretations Steve Trevor is a head shorter than Diana.

What I found pretty cool in LoK (I'm utterly obsessed) was that Asami, whom some might call the less dominant was taller (noticeably so) than Korra.

Admittedly, my preference is for guys the same height as me. Otherwise it's basically "Okay, how do we reach lip level do you hoist me up or do you bend your back or"
    I also prefer a guy around my same height, but I can't afford to be choosey. "Anyone that makes it to the door is mine", to quote Joan Rivers.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Can't speak from experience on the whole ex thing. Are you guys "just friends" now, post-breakup?

Put some water in his mouth because the thirst is real.
    Actually it's more a case of "we almost dated and spent years flirting before giving up and I haven't spoken to him for almost a year." But he seems alright so. :P

I don't know whether to thank you or hate you
    Well, I would prefer the former. xD

"Anyone that makes it to the door is mine", to quote Joan Rivers.
    So true, so true.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Maybe the book would be a hit if she went back to her original codename: Madame McEvil!
    I will start using that codename if she doesn't need it anymore.

Actually it's more a case of "we almost dated and spent years flirting before giving up and I haven't spoken to him for almost a year." But he seems alright so. :P
    I didn't even know flirting could last years. I learn something new everyday.
    If he seems alright, then awesome ^^

Well, I would prefer the former. xD
    I'd thank you if you actually thought my name was adorable, but since that was a clever trick and joke linked to the story I told, I suppose I have no choice but to thank you for the genius of it.

Unless...it wasn't a joke? Argh, I'm terrible at reading people now.

So true, so true.
    Sadly, the only men that come to my door are older delivery men who look at me suspiciously when I sign for things.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

More fun with fascism:
    Russia Won’t Let Transgender People Drive

An official decree published this week, after having been signed by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on Dec. 29, provides a list of illnesses that disqualify people from operating motor vehicles and includes gender identity disorders.

The law published Thursday does not explicitly ban transgender people. Instead, it singles out those with “personality and behavior disorders” by referencing a section of the International Classification of Diseases, published by the World Health Organization, which includes gender identity and behavior disorders like “pathological” gambling and fetishism.
    More at link. Depressing stuff.

I didn't even know flirting could last years. I learn something new everyday.
    If he seems alright, then awesome ^^
    I don't recommend it, haha.

But he does seem alright. :3

I'd thank you if you actually thought my name was adorable, but since that was a clever trick and joke linked to the story I told, I suppose I have no choice but to thank you for the genius of it.

Unless...it wasn't a joke? Argh, I'm terrible at reading people now.
    It's not even a joke I was being genuinely nice.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    More fun with fascism:
    Russia Won’t Let Transgender People Drive

More at link. Depressing stuff.
    Russia gets my middle finger once more. Funny thing is I'd love to see the Kremlin and the Winter Palace and everything like that - but how can one support a nation so asinine in its policies? I have had friends refer to trans as an "illness"/disorder in the past and I have wanted to punch them in the face.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Amazing Member George Caltsoudas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I'll edit my comment instead of replying agian. Marvel editor Tom Brevoort answers "Where are all the gays at?"
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...men-at-or-just

I thought I'd quote the whole thing instead of selectively editing it.
    Thoughts?

I don't see why a gay/lesbian superhero necessarily needs to be all about them being gay all the time. Can't it just be a cool book where the main character happens to be gay? I wouldn't expect it to cover romantic and sexual relations plot points to any more of a degree than an average Wolverine or Spider-Man comic does. It doesn't need to constantly focus on commentary on the matter. That's the problem behind why it's hard to find the right team. Because they'll most likely want to use it as an opportunity to be all edgy and activist. Sometimes just being a really cool superhero with a good story arc and stunning art is a shining example of pro-LGBT in itself -- like Lumnberjanes.

I'd rather see the character's gay love life and not activism scenarios. The activism can easily become a "bro-friendly" hetero-centric diversion from the main differentiator: the gayness itself.

I've always had the same opinion on the constant negative scrutiny of how any new creative team's run on a Wonder Woman book must be about her being a feminist activist. To me, just having great stories where she gets to embark on any exciting, cool, weird, dangerous adventure the guys normally do in their books is what truly makes her a feminist icon.

Basically, I think a lot of comic creators and editors overthink things too much. But I don't blame them because there are also a lot of young SJW social media ideologs who also overthink things too much and that makes comic publishers feel like they're walking on egg shells... which leads to making nothing instead.
    Last edited by George Caltsoudas; 01-09-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Caltsoudas View Post
    I don't see why a gay/lesbian superhero necessarily needs to be all about them being gay all the time. Can't it just be a cool book where the main character happens to be gay? I wouldn't expect it to cover romantic and sexual relations plot points to any more of a degree than an average Wolverine or Spider-Man comic does. It doesn't need to constantly focus on commentary on the matter. That's the problem behind why it's hard to find the right team. Because they'll most likely want to use it as an opportunity to be all edgy and activist. Sometimes just being a really cool superhero with a good story arc and stunning art is a shining example of pro-LGBT in itself -- like Lumnberjanes.

I'd rather see the character's gay love life and not activism scenarios. The activism can easily become a "bro-friendly" hetero-centric diversion from the main differentiator: the gayness itself.

I've always had the same opinion on the constant negative scrutiny of how any new creative team's run on a Wonder Woman book must be about her being a feminist activist. To me, just having great stories where she gets to embark on any exciting, cool, weird, dangerous adventure the guys normally do in their books is what truly makes her a feminist icon.

Basically, I think a lot of comic creators and editors overthink things too much. But I don't blame them because there are also a lot of young SJW social media ideologs who also overthink things too much and that makes comic publishers feel like they're walking on egg shells... which leads to making nothing instead.
    Sadly; ANY reference in an LGBT comic about their sexuality is seen as "activism". But in some way, it is; because it's still so rare and new. Marvel have never published an LGBT solo comic where the main love interest is of the same gender. EVER! It's easy to say "make it about the story" but if you have an LGBT solo star and you never reference them being LGBT, it seems like pandering to the straight fanboys who can't handle seeing two guys kiss.

Extraordinary Member

Hey Kieran, did you hear about some project in Luton? Two presenters held each others hands and got some disgusting feedback...

Sadly, it's hardly surprising. It's the reaction I'd expect from a 'chav' kid like that. It's a false image to say that the homophobia is worrying - because the fact is homophobia used to be a lot worse. We as a new generation are understanding identity more and more, so it's disengenuous to use the odd glare or "ew" to suggest something bad. There's no getting rid of homophobia - all you can do is put laws in place and educate as many kids as possible. Homophobia will always exist, just as a growing minority.

It doesn't feel particularly news worthy to me, but perhaps that's because I'm used to it from a gay perspective. I don't get homophobia, but I expect it. People ARE going to look, because it is an uncommon thing. I myself as a gay guy look at guys holding hands thinking "aww that's adorable are they cute I'm so glad they're in love wait I'm not" and spend far too long looking. xD It does feel something special compared to all the other heteros. There's no point equating it to the fact no-one gives a shit about a man and a woman holding hands, because one of those things you could (generally) do from the dawn of time, the other one has only been able to do for less than 50 years without being lynched or eyed suspiciously by police. Words like "fag" and "queer" are absent, so it could be a lot more hurtful. I'd actually appreciate a more scientific survey, which takes note of different areas of the country, be it in terms of economics or history or anything, and the prevailing attitudes. This is two guys with a microphone.

I've definitely received glares in the past. When I was in hand with a guy I was on a date with two years ago, we walked past some people from my school, I stared them down and realised they were not reacting or speaking about what they just witnessed in the slightest. When I was kissing my then-boyfriend in the train station months after that, I had the fear in the back of my mind that people would object. But actually, there was one woman who turned to us, maybe a few other glares, but that was about it. But of course we were the "kiss more than once" type. :P I was speaking to a friend about the video, and he says that with his boyfriend he's only held his hand in public maybe three times, and that's within a two year relationship, because it does seem to garner that reaction.
    CBR's LGBT Community

I don't recommend it, haha.

But he does seem alright. :3
    I laugh when I think of myself flirting. I wouldn't even know how xD

If he seems alright, then cool. If not, we of this great community will kick his ass for you (only joking)

It's not even a joke I was being genuinely nice.
    I'm so used to sarcasm on the interwebz that it's hard to see when someone is actually being genuine, so thanks. I'm sure your name is adorable too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Sadly; ANY reference in an LGBT comic about their sexuality is seen as "activism". But in some way, it is; because it's still so rare and new. Marvel have never published an LGBT solo comic where the main love interest is of the same gender. EVER! It's easy to say "make it about the story" but if you have an LGBT solo star and you never reference them being LGBT, it seems like pandering to the straight fanboys who can't handle seeing two guys kiss.
    The straight fanboys would love an LGBT solo comic. Y'know ,if it had two hot lesbians making out in a spaceship.
    Plus, if it didn't pander to them, then they would accuse it of pandering to us. Pandering has to be the favored term of forums.
    Last edited by Charmed; 01-09-2015 at 01:42 PM.

"You're dead!"- Soldier