Page 227 of 550 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 8245
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I got called a faggot and someone tried to hit me with their car while walking because I needed to get my gay shirt off... Of wolverines claws... This was in Los angeles...
    Geez, glad you are ok. That's so weird and random.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, it's really frustrating. Basically someone asked him about Marvel doing hip hop covers, while at the same time not hiring any black creators for ANAD Marvel. In his typical snark he answered "What does one have to do with the other, really?".
    It's good that he answers so many fan questions but yeah, on the subject of any diversity the answers are always so frustrating. I guess that's honest since the Big 2 seem to always be dragging their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Lee Daniel was completely overlooked for Best Writer, Best Director and Best Series
    That surprises me considering how Empire dominated television.

So EMMY NEWS!!!
    And while I, as a viewer, am seeing all my favourite shows nominated (Modern Family, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Orange is the New Black, American Horror Story, Veep)... I am a little sad about the LGBT lack of representation. Most criminal is Jussie Smollett's lack of nomination for Best Supporting Actor for Empire (this one genuinely makes me man, the man was ROBBED!!!). Along with Cookie, Jamal is the heart of the show and he's bloody wonderful! Jim Parsons (the heart of the Big Bang Theory) isn't nominated. Jessie Tyler Ferguson isn't nominated for Modern Family. Laverne Cox isn't nominated for Orange is the New Black (though season 2 was less good for her). Lee Daniel was completely overlooked for Best Writer, Best Director and Best Series (they couldn't have given him just one, the series is groundbreaking for what it is). RuPaul's Drag Race is ONCE AGAIN snubbed!!! I could be wrong in this (I don't know every actors sexuality, obviously) but I think none of the 30 lead actor nominations went to an LGBT actor/actress.

That said their are some silver linings. One is Tituss Burgess nominated for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (SO HAPPY to see that getting EMMY love, oh Tina Fey you are a goddess). Alan Cumming is nominated for the Good Wife and Sarah Poulson for American Horror Story (YEY!!!).

And, not LGBT... but my four main thoughts: F*CK YES the Queen of Thorns (Dame Dianna Rigg) is nominated again, F*CK YES Elizabeth Banks is FINALLY recognised for her hilariousness in Modern Family, F*CK NO how dare Kate Mulgrew miss out on nomination (and the glorious Queen V Lorraine Toussaint was equally robbed). And finally F*CK NO Neil Patrick Harris was AMAZING in American Horror Story; he should have been nominated!!!

Yay for Titus but I agree Jussie should have been nominated. I'm suprised American horror story got so many nominations. I hate to say it but I didn't exactly love freak show. I adored coven though (I'm re watching it now. Someone should really do a comic book spinoff of it)

I got called a faggot and someone tried to hit me with their car while walking because I needed to get my gay shirt off... Of wolverines claws... This was in Los angeles...

A brighter note, the new ant man annual introduced a gay or bi gaint man.
    That's terrifying. I'm glad to hear you're ok. It just goes to show our community's problems don't end when marriage inequality did. The fight needs to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Second, "Young Love" by Eli Lieb.

Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Sorry to hear that happened to you but good to know you're ok. I heard the new Giant Man is gay, I look forward to seeing him in action.
    Yeah that getting all the usual outrage from all the same losers. I love seeing them getting worked up.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Everyone I know who has a Wolverine shirt is straight? It's sad such homophobia is still around in and in public too.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

A lot of people have been downing her for having more privilege than most trans people do but she's only been out for a moment, I like that she sees how it affects so many.

You can read her speech here:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...entrandom_1_na
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 07-17-2015 at 08:49 AM.

So EMMY NEWS!!!
    And while I, as a viewer, am seeing all my favourite shows nominated (Modern Family, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Orange is the New Black, American Horror Story, Veep)... I am a little sad about the LGBT lack of representation. Most criminal is Jussie Smollett's lack of nomination for Best Supporting Actor for Empire (this one genuinely makes me man, the man was ROBBED!!!). Along with Cookie, Jamal is the heart of the show and he's bloody wonderful! Jim Parsons (the heart of the Big Bang Theory) isn't nominated. Jessie Tyler Ferguson isn't nominated for Modern Family. Laverne Cox isn't nominated for Orange is the New Black (though season 2 was less good for her). Lee Daniel was completely overlooked for Best Writer, Best Director and Best Series (they couldn't have given him just one, the series is groundbreaking for what it is). RuPaul's Drag Race is ONCE AGAIN snubbed!!! I could be wrong in this (I don't know every actors sexuality, obviously) but I think none of the 30 lead actor nominations went to an LGBT actor/actress.

That said their are some silver linings. One is Tituss Burgess nominated for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (SO HAPPY to see that getting EMMY love, oh Tina Fey you are a goddess). Alan Cumming is nominated for the Good Wife and Sarah Poulson for American Horror Story (YEY!!!).

And, not LGBT... but my four main thoughts: F*CK YES the Queen of Thorns (Dame Dianna Rigg) is nominated again, F*CK YES Elizabeth Banks is FINALLY recognised for her hilariousness in Modern Family, F*CK NO how dare Kate Mulgrew miss out on nomination (and the glorious Queen V Lorraine Toussaint was equally robbed). And finally F*CK NO Neil Patrick Harris was AMAZING in American Horror Story; he should have been nominated!!!

Two points:

1. Let's not forget Lily Tomlin being nominated for her role on Netflix's Grace and Frankie.

2. Neil Patrick Harris was only in a handful of episodes of American Horror Story: Freakshow, and if they didn't submit any of his episodes for consideration, there's no way he would have been nominated.

Does anyone watch Steven Universe? They had a very cute LGBT+ scene this week. Spoilers if you watch the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOFwtUyM9E

I'm happy Tatiana Maslany was nominated for Orphan Black. And hey, one of the characters she portrays is a lesbian, so that's something,

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Does anyone watch Steven Universe? They had a very cute LGBT+ scene this week. Spoilers if you watch the show.

Love that it's in a children's show. There'll be kids watching that who see a relationship b/w two women on the same level as a relationship b/w a man and a woman. That's so fantastic.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Extraordinary Member

I still disapprove of how some are treating Caitlyn Jenner, it is 2015 for crying out loud!

As a heterosexual man I say, people are jealous over how she looks fine!

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

A lot of people have been downing her for having more privilege than most trans people do but she's only been out for a moment, I like that she sees how it affects so many.

Her speech was amazing. I thought I would end up only catching the highlights but I watched the whole thing. She was fantastic.

You know, I get that it's cool to hate the Kardashians but they have been pretty cool about this. A lot of people will take their lead from them which is not a bad thing on this issue.

No but I've heard so many people profess their love for it, I really want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I still disapprove of how some are treating Caitlyn Jenner, it is 2015 for crying out loud!

As a heterosexual man I say, people are jealous over how she looks fine!
    That's exactly it. I had to block and unfriend some idiot on my Facebook feed for doing the whole "she's not a hero because of soldiers, firefighters rah rah rah". Funny how they never use that explanation when one of their worthless heterosexual cisgender sports people are called heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    No but I've heard so many people profess their love for it, I really want to check it out.
    I love it. I kept hearing so much about it on tumblr that I eventually checked it out a few weeks ago. Ended up binge watching the first season.
    It deals with so many issues, like non-conventional families, lgbt+ relationships, consent, gender roles and it does so in a way that kids can understand.
    The songs are great as well, and it has an actual plot that is quite interesting.

Thanks guys. No worries. It really was odd. Im not to overtly gay, not that it matters; but it was very odd/startling to have a random guy attack me for just walking down the street wearing an X-Men shirt. ESP in LA. Lol
    I'm sure it was terrifying. Nothing about that was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

When I saw that picture you posted shared all over social media and I read her quote in it, it brought a huge smile to my face and nearly tears to my eyes. Such a wonderful, inspiring woman eloquently speaking the truth.

And for pete's sake can we talk about how stunning that dress is!??
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Oh just gorgeous. One day an amazing actress is going to play Caitlyn at this time and win an Oscar for the role. Probably Jessica Lange

For the Orange fans:
    Bryan and Lisa: Congratulations on everything this year! On the new season of Orange Is the New Black, Big Boo got her backstory (in episode 4) and it was incredible. We'd love to hear you talk about the reaction to the show this season and the reaction to Big Boo's story.

Lea: It's been kind of amazing, frankly. I'm a tad shocked by it because I'm used to being punched in the face for being a butch dyke. So I'm a tad shocked, and also joyous that people's concepts of what it is to be a butch dyke have changed so much. People are hugging me on the street now. I hope this episode will do for the butch world what episode 3, season 1 did for the transgender community: Maybe help people understand a little bit how difficult it is to grow up butch in this society, ostracized not only by society at large but our own community.

The tweets I get from all the young butches, the tweets and the Instagram messages from all over world, just saying, "Thank you, I've seen myself on television." I've never seen myself on television before. I've never seen a really positive portrayal of a butch dyke. And here it is.

It's been a complete party for two weeks since the SCOTUS [marriage equality] decision. Between the stuff with Orange and the SCOTUS decision -- as a queer person, I'm jumping up and down.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-s...ref=gay-voices

It's a pretty cool interview even if you don't watch OITNB just hearing about her activism experience and life.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-s...ref=gay-voices

Also Cara Delevinge (soon to be seen as DC Comic's Enchantress in Suicide Squad spoke about Vogue wondering if her bisexuality was just a young woman's phase
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0c5f0322d1e6b?
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 07-19-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Hopefully a trans actress will play her. Then they will be able to apply their own experience to the role. But I hope they at least give it the distance of time, I don't like biopics being done within a couple of years of the events.

Is Vogue really that regressive?

Read the first issue of Mark Millar's Jupiter's Circle. Great to see 1950s homosexuality explored. The pre-Stonewall era isn't talked about enough.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community