Page 293 of 550 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Luke goes on the mission, in big part because he's clearly excited that there's a girl - pretty girl. That kiss for luck isn't just a pat on the back. Luke is also visibly jealous of Han having any designs on her. Han, for his part, is amused, but still amorous from movie one forward. The Vader/Padme romance is discussed and implied in the earlier movies, and fleshed out, such as it was, in the later three. Lando literally wines and dines. By the third movie, all pretense of confrontation with Han and Leia is gone and they're pretty dang gushy when it's appropriate.
    So, two, of the maybe six, straight guys we see over seven films -

- Is a "confirmed bachelor" who isn't actually in a relationship.
    - Another is hauling around a kid whose mom we never actually see.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Another is hauling around a kid whose mom we never actually see.
    Whose mom do we never see?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

On AHS:H...

You have to weigh a couple of perfectly solid character moments against some of the worst television since Melrose Place. Just weird.
    I love Hotel. If by "worst" you mean best.....;-)

Boba Fett. The amount of cloned children gives the amount of children from straight couples a run for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    I love Hotel. If by "worst" you mean best.....;-)
    You've actually seen the latest episode? I think it's "She Gets Revenge"?

All of that is before you even discuss how Anakin was conceived.

You've actually seen the latest episode? I think it's "She Gets Revenge"?
    No...It's on my DVR though. Disappointed you, eh? I'm watching Nova now. Roman Tombs. Hotel...It's up next.

All of that is before you even discuss how Anakin was conceived.
    Wonder if that will ever be brought to light?

No...It's on my DVR though. Disappointed you, eh? I'm watching Nova now. Roman Tombs. Hotel...It's up next.
    Without spoiling too much...

One element of the episode was one of the best things this season. The rest was "So funny I forgot to laugh" bad.

Wonder if that will ever be brought to light?
    No telling. That's about what I'm saying. While it is a downer that they never even mention LGBT characters as a possibility, it's not like straight relationships have center stage.

Without spoiling too much...

One element of the episode was one of the best things this season. The rest was "So funny I forgot to laugh" bad.
    I'm totally intrigued now.

No telling. That's about what I'm saying. While it is a downer that they never even mention LGBT characters as a possibility, it's not like straight relationships have center stage.
    I read a Geoff Ryman short story about gay guys impregnating each other and having large families. It wasn't in the comics but, fun to read. Forgot the title.

Annakens dad? Hmm? Interesting possibilities. I always just assumed it was "the mitaclorians" or immaculate conception by them that was implied. But...

Annakens dad? Hmm? Interesting possibilities. I always just assumed it was "the mitaclorians" or immaculate conception by them that was implied. But...
    That's implied. Kid that's the result of standard straight conception seems like it is almost out of the norm across the seven films. As far as we know, it's one birth out of three.

Could we PLEASE put spoiler tags when discussing AHS: Hotel. It's not all out here yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I just read this article on NewNowNext about the hottest male characters in video games. I highly approve their choice for the number one spot.

http://www.newnownext.com/the-20-hot...-time/12/2015/
    WHAT??? This list is shameful. Where is adult Link? Where is Cloud? Where is Squall? Where is Kratos? And Ryu? And Snake's ass is legendary! No no, this list did not meet my hottie standard!

So, two, of the maybe six, straight guys we see over seven films -

- Is a "confirmed bachelor" who isn't actually in a relationship.
    - Another is hauling around a kid whose mom we never actually see.
    There's more than that. We know Jimmy Smitt is married, we know Anakin's mum and Jango Fett obviously had partners. Lando flirts with Leia, Jabba is clearly loving the ladies, and lots of extras watch the exotic dancing girls.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Could we PLEASE put spoiler tags when discussing AHS: Hotel. It's not all out here yet!!!

Don't worry. He revealed nothing. I'm watching it now. SPOILERS..THE MAID GETS ANNOYING. ;-) At least from a gay perspective she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    There's more than that. We know Jimmy Smitt is married, we know Anakin's mum and Jango Fett obviously had partners. Lando flirts with Leia, Jabba is clearly loving the ladies, and lots of extras watch the exotic dancing girls.
    Boba is a clone, and we never see a woman. I'm pretty sure Anakin's mom never has a man/woman/yeti. Lando is all talk. Do we know for sure that all of Jabba's "Ladies" are indeed "Ladies"?