Page 338 of 550 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Well now you won't understand if I make a "live deliciously" reference.
    Ha! Somehow I think I'll survive
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I bought the first trade of Midnighter and I absolutely loved it. I really hope he shows up somewhere after Rebirth.

Also since Orlando is a gay writer wouldn't it be good to also support his upcoming Supergirl ongoing ?
    Unless I missed an announcement of some sort, I'm fairly certain Orlando ID's as bisexual. Wouldn't normally correct someone like this, but bi-erasure is a thing so...

Also really enjoyed the first trade of Midnighter.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Have you guys ever changed your username on here? What are your thoughts on that?

I've been posting here for years as NewMutant, I'm content with it but have been considering changing it to MutantMidnighter. The only other thing, which I don't know if I even can, is my Tumblr is NewMutantMayhem. I prefer to have a bit of connection there.
    I think the rules are that you can only change once per year. There's a request thread just post what you want and if it's available usually you can get it.

I changed mine once on the old board from my old, old name Koslox to my real name, but picked another new "handle" once the reset happened. I may go back to my real name again at some point.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Unless I missed an announcement of some sort, I'm fairly certain Orlando ID's as bisexual. Wouldn't normally correct someone like this, but bi-erasure is a thing so...

Also really enjoyed the first trade of Midnighter.
    Oh dear. He was listed as an LGBT creator somewhere so I kinda assumed . I should have verified.

I didn't mean to erase the bi part of the LGBT spectrum. Sorry about that.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Have you guys ever changed your username on here? What are your thoughts on that?
    I literally just changed mine yesterday because I wanted something more comic-related; I used to be icantstandthisindecision.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Oh dear. He was listed as an LGBT creator somewhere so I kinda assumed . I should have verified.

I didn't mean to erase the bi part of the LGBT spectrum. Sorry about that.
    It's probably best to refer to people whose preference you're unsure of as 'queer.'
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I didn't realize people would have multiple interpretations of the ending. From Thomasin speaking with Black Phillip to the very end of the movie was the best and scariest part of the film.
    Since some may still wind up seeing this later, I'll "Spoiler" tag my take on the ending -

spoilers:
    My take was that Thomasin snapped after she killed her mother. Everything after that is only happening in her head. When they get to the long shot of Black Phillip and Thomasin walking into the woods(obviously from 'our' and not Thomasin's perspective), it's just a teenage girl and a goat. Not a teenage girl and the Devil.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I have a question. How can an LGBT male convince himself to crossdress? Is it better to crossdress since his preference is liking/loving/getting attracted to men? Will he feel more free?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I have a question. How can an LGBT male convince himself to crossdress? Is it better to crossdress since his preference is liking/loving/getting attracted to men? Will he feel more free?
    I have no idea what you're asking? WHY do people cross-dress? If that's your question, it extends to all genders and sexualities, not just LGBT males. It's also intensely personal to that individual. Many people cross-dress entirely for themselves, never to be seen or talked about. Many are open. Many take it seriously, taking great effort in looking "the part". Some like individual items of clothing. For some it is a (sexual) fetish, for many it's just a performance, an inhabiting of a character. For many it's actually not cross-dressing at all - rather just wearing whatever the heck they want because clothing and body adornment IS genderless. Humans pretend it isn't, but it is.

Are you talking about drag performance - or cross-dressing for personal pleasure or...? There's a million different aspects to it.

Playing with gender presentation and boundaries is nothing new for any sexuality or gender.
    Last edited by dodoriazarbon; 04-26-2016 at 08:35 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Ha! Somehow I think I'll survive
    Oh you'll survive... you just won't live deliciously.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since some may still wind up seeing this later, I'll "Spoiler" tag my take on the ending -

spoilers:
    My take was that Thomasin snapped after she killed her mother. Everything after that is only happening in her head. When they get to the long shot of Black Phillip and Thomasin walking into the woods(obviously from 'our' and not Thomasin's perspective), it's just a teenage girl and a goat. Not a teenage girl and the Devil.
    end of spoilers
    I can understand that interpretation of the ending. Personally I like to take it literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's probably best to refer to people whose preference you're unsure of as 'queer.'
    Disagree. It's probably best to refer to LGBT people who's sexuality you don't know as LGBT. Queer can be offensive to many LGBT people. Queer should only be used if/when you're talking to an LGBT person you know doesn't mind the word. It should never be the "go to" word in a scenario literally about not know.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I can understand that interpretation of the ending. Personally I like to take it literally.
    The nice part was that it worked either way.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Disagree. It's probably best to refer to LGBT people who's sexuality you don't know as LGBT. Queer can be offensive to many LGBT people. Queer should only be used if/when you're talking to an LGBT person you know doesn't mind the word. It should never be the "go to" word in a scenario literally about not know.

Beat me to it. I was literally about to type this. I detest the Q word, and while I understand the regional difference in Americans having ploughed forward with reclaiming it, for me, it's just a big no no
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah. I wish we had a better term than it. Rainbow people or something.

Anyway who saw civil war? Absolutely marvellous I thought! I saw it with a bunch of gay men mostly. It was the best. The audience purred when Chris Evans did anything sexy lol

Hey Kieran have you seen The Witch yet? I'm just curious 'cause I watched it with my sister and it was good.
    I absolutely loved the Witch. I just hated the last 5 or so minutes of it.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Question for y'all: I'm realizing, especially because he cast James Duvall in stuff, probably, Gregg Araki was, in a huge way, the LGBT filmmaker of my younger days. Yes a film by this person or that otherwise, or the queer but not always dealing with that directly director, etc, but Araki was that sort of rental video for a party or playing on tv in the back of some gay bar kind of director.

But, the plural of anecdote is not evidence. And, looking now, it's like rereading The Invisibles, even the newer films seem very targeted to such a niche, even within LGBT ranks, more even than a generation or a geographic region.

Did/does he have any cache with y'all, particularly, those of you from outside the US?

(And, yes, I am watching Kaboom as I write this. )
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)