Page 390 of 550 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Same here, man. I was cheering Katya and Alaska but now I'm firmly team Katya... but I know Alaska's still gonna' win in the end.
    But MoM, I'm genuinely confused. Katya is ONLY still in the competition because Alyssa broke the pact and kept her friend (Katya), over Ginger the one the judges were less critical of. So how can you abandon Team Alaska for the very reason that Katya is still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Alaska is basically this season's Chad. I honestly think the only reason there was even an All Star edition in the first place was to give Chad a crown
    Yeah, I've heard that about All-Stars season 1 before.
    Chad was awesome in Season 4, but I don't think he was the same level as Alaska (ditto for All Star). Chad was bottom 2 in the first All Star episode; and in one episode of Season 4. So far... Alaska has never been bottom 2 in either season. Anyone else not like All Star Season 1 that much? The dual thing really didn't work for me, and the level of awesome wasn't as high as this year (seriously LOVING this year). Most of Season 2 Queens would have given Chad a serious run for his money.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    But MoM, I'm genuinely confused. Katya is ONLY still in the competition because Alyssa broke the pact and kept her friend (Katya), over Ginger the one the judges were less critical of. So how can you abandon Team Alaska for the very reason that Katya is still here?
    I hated that idea of the "pact" (and I don't think that all of them ever actually agreed to make a pact) that whoever did the worst in the opinion of the judges should be sent home, instead of whoever did worse in the opinion of the winner. I felt that Ginjer should have been sent home instead of Katya and fortunately Alyssa felt that way too. I think Roxxxy overall (the commercial + the runway) should have been sent home instead of Tatianna and quite frankly I think Alaska deep down believed that too, but instead she decided to spare her friend.

1. favourite LGBT comic character?

Rictor. As a young gay teen, I found his machismo and seeming confidence hot. Then he showed a more sensitive side in his relationship with Shattybuns, revealing that despite the bravado, he was still a virgin. And them the SUBTEXT began to turn up and I loved him even more. And then he disappeared for a while, only to return - attached at the hip to his maybe-boyfriend (with whom he shared a single occupancy room and a private language) and then disappeared AGAIN. And then when we see him next, he's having a crisis of identity, sharing revealing 'jokes' about his sexuality with Madrox...and then we get a fully fleshed out MAN with insecurities, anxiety, depression and other issues that come with coming out relatively later in life (after spending YEARS trying to convince everyone (even himself) that he was straight because it was expected of him. I relate to that like woah, so...

2. favourite LGBT fictional couple?

RicStar. Both for reasons stated above and because it pissed off Liefield and the cis-het priviledgers.

3. favourite real life LGBT celebrity?

NPH. I loved Doogie growing up, loved him in the Harold and Kumat movies, and his CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE autobiography was EVERYTHING.

4. favourite Disney villain?
    Maleficent. She was, in my eyes, the first female villain I recall in ANY movie who wasn't being evil because of trauma/greed/sexuality. She REVELED in her nature and didn't make excuses for it. She lived an 'out and proud' life with real swagger, and never apologized or blamed anyone. Prior to the dreadful Angelina Jolie prequel, she was an utterly inhuman threat (I always head-canoned that she was a dragon, not human or truely faerie) who fucked with the 'normies' because it was entertaining, not out of genuine petty BS.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar
    Last edited by Old Man Ollie 1962; 10-05-2016 at 02:38 AM.

I briefly skimmed over the article. I don't see a problem with the civi rights era inspiring the lgbtiq civil rights era and I think it's a mistake to try and keep them seperate.

I do think that there are some issues that intersect that both communities need to help out with.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post

Rictor. As a young gay teen, I found his machismo and seeming confidence hot. Then he showed a more sensitive side in his relationship with Shattybuns, revealing that despite the bravado, he was still a virgin. And them the SUBTEXT began to turn up and I loved him even more. And then he disappeared for a while, only to return - attached at the hip to his maybe-boyfriend (with whom he shared a single occupancy room and a private language) and then disappeared AGAIN. And then when we see him next, he's having a crisis of identity, sharing revealing 'jokes' about his sexuality with Madrox...and then we get a fully fleshed out MAN with insecurities, anxiety, depression and other issues that come with coming out relatively later in life (after spending YEARS trying to convince everyone (even himself) that he was straight because it was expected of him. I relate to that like woah, so...

2. favourite LGBT fictional couple?

RicStar. Both for reasons stated above and because it pissed off Liefield and the cis-het priviledgers.

NPH. I loved Doogie growing up, loved him in the Harold and Kumat movies, and his CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE autobiography was EVERYTHING.

Maleficent. She was, in my eyes, the first female villain I recall in ANY movie who wasn't being evil because of trauma/greed/sexuality. She REVELED in her nature and didn't make excuses for it. She lived an 'out and proud' life with real swagger, and never apologized or blamed anyone. Prior to the dreadful Angelina Jolie prequel, she was an utterly inhuman threat (I always head-canoned that she was a dragon, not human or truely faerie) who fucked with the 'normies' because it was entertaining, not out of genuine petty BS.
    Welcome! Maleficient seems to be a huge favourite around here. Actually did you hear the lion king and Mulan are being rebooted soon? Very intriguing

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Race isn't the same sexual orientation, but I don't think that should be the issue. The issue should be where you stand on various LGBT concerns either for or against. Not "they're bitin' our style."

I think the writer though tips his hand when he suggests that somehow the LGBT movement is "taking away freedoms from everyone else."

I read the first issue of Midnighter and Apollo. It definitely feels like a natural continuation of the previous Midnighter series and it has a sex scene between the two title characters as well as cameos by other DC gay characters Extrano and Monsieur Mallah & The Brain.

I read the first issue of Midnighter and Apollo. It definitely feels like a natural continuation of the previous Midnighter series and it has a sex scene between the two title characters as well as cameos by other DC gay characters Extrano and Monsieur Mallah & The Brain.
    This issue was so exciting to me. It felt like a continuation and the art was far better than I expected it to be. Please pick this up and support the title. You will not be disappointed.

Also... Jessica Jones #1 was great too.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Also... Jessica Jones #1 was great too.
    I read the Jessica Jones issue too.

I read the Jessica Jones issue too.
    Did you like it?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Did you like it?
    Yeah. I liked the references to the Netflix show, like the frequent usage of "Goddamn". Jessica Jones is still my favourite Marvel Netflix series.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 10-05-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Yeah. I liked the references to the Netflix show, like the frequent usage of "Goddamn". Jessica Jones is still my favourite Marvel Netflix series.
    Jessica Jones is everything. I hope we see more of this Jessica.

Thank-you so much for this, I love hearing stories like this, it reminds me why representation is so important. The stories I heard when Iceman came out, it made me so happy. Glad to see you in the thread.

Did you see him in American Horror Story: Freak Show? SO GOOD! Hope he comes back for the current series.

Such a good choice, a wonderful, powerful character. I secretly always wanted her to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Eh! Whoever wrote this article probably has never heard of Bayard Rustin, and is clueless how a gay man helped shaped the Civil Rights movement (and is probably equally clueless how Rustin isn't the only LGBT+ person who did that). Also clueless to the idea the LGBT+ community includes black LGBT+ citizens, to act like it's completely separate is absurd AND... ugh. Let's not waste energy on this article.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think the writer though tips his hand when he suggests that somehow the LGBT movement is "taking away freedoms from everyone else."
    Agreed. And the fact the writer goes out of his way to try and downplay trans people, and imply they'll "change their minds" (a coded way to shutting down their fight for equality). It's pretty nasty when you realise a) he's white and b) President of The Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview. So basically he's USING black people to try and attack LGBT+ people. It's a horribly wicked tactic.
    #divide&conquear

He also wrote another article titled: LGBT Rights Dispense With Middle Ground in War Against Religious Freedom (http://cnsnews.com/commentary/john-s...igious-freedom). Everyone here has "got his number" loud and clear.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-05-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Silvermoth, looking back over the thread we never heard from you about what happened at your friend's wedding? Did you go to the service and leave the reception? Did you bring a date? Did you talk to your friend about it?

I'm sooooo freakin excited today. They just announced the continuation of The Legend of Korra (in comic-form) for June 2017. Of course I would rather it come out tomorrow, but that's also the month that Wonder Woman hits theaters, so to get both in the same month is just so awesome. I hope they keep their promise about not glossing over the Korrasami elements.

Has anyone seen any biphobic articles in reaction to the Angelina and Brad break-up? I ask because there were several biphobic articles about Amber Heard after she divorced Johnny Depp. (Or is this the public not being familiar with the fact that Angelina Jolie is bi?)

In shallower news, has anyone seen The Good Place, yet? I haven't noticed any LGBT representation or anything, but the guy who plays Jason on the show is so good looking it hurts. I don't just watch the show for him, because it's a really good show, but he's seriously good looking. Tell me I'm not alone

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York