Page 394 of 550 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 8245
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    RuPaul Drag Race All Star Finale
    spoilers:
    #teamALASKA
    end of spoilers
    No one was surprised.

IN-FACT, you can play our little "newbie" game (if you haven't?)
    1. favourite LGBT comic character?
    2. favourite LGBT fictional couple?
    3. favourite real life LGBT celebrity?
    4. favourite Disney villain?
    Oh, can I play?

1. Angela. To be honest, she had me at 'strong, kick-ass red headed goddess' but that fact she is LGBT is the icing on the cake. Special mentions to America Chavez, Wiccan and Midnighter.

2. Tough choice. Given as we are in a comic forum, I will go with Wicaan & Hulkling. Young Avengers was one of the first comic series I read, and I have always loved these two. Frankly its about time Marvel give them that wedding, though at least AL has been treating them well in New Avengers.

3. Hmm... at the moment I am rather obsessed with Colton Haynes. He just seems like such a lovely bloke, and he is utterly beautiful. I could just stare at him for hours... I do love John Barrowman too (Not in that way mind). Huge fan of Doctor Who/Torchwood, and his character of Captain Jack helped me accept my bisexuality when I was younger.

4. Has to be Maleficent.

RuPaul Drag Race All Star Finale
    spoilers:
    #teamALASKA
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    No one was surprised.
    Foregone conclusion... but why even bother asking people to hashtag their choice when the decision was made a year ago? Will that decide Ms. Congeniality in week after's reunion episode? Was it just a stunt to try and boost ratings?
    spoilers:
    But that skirt, Katya! That skirt!!!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-14-2016 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Another one to watch out for:

Now, if they brought back the Legion of Superheroes with Lightning Lass, Vi, Lightning Lord, Element Lad and Shvaughn/Sean Erin, DC would actually be ahead of Marvel with LGBTQ representation.

I really should be reading that. I've heard so many good things!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Another one to watch out for:

Now, if they brought back the Legion of Superheroes with Lightning Lass, Vi, Lightning Lord, Element Lad and Shvaughn/Sean Erin, DC would actually be ahead of Marvel with LGBTQ representation.
    I have this issue. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying the series so far.

Did you hear the J.K Rowling is planning on making a couple more Harry Potter films including one with Dumbledore and his allegedly boyfriend Grindelwald? I hope that goes ahead.

For a while Jamie Campbell Bowers was going to play Grindelwald but I have no idea who could play him now. I bet they get Russell Tovey to do it. Who would you cast?

Today, homophobic flyers have been delivered into mailboxes in the Amsterdam boroughs West and Nieuw-West, containing the message that the Abrahamic religions should unite against homosexuality. Police is now investigating who could be behind this absurd campaign.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Today, homophobic flyers have been delivered into mailboxes in the Amsterdam boroughs West and Nieuw-West, containing the message that the Abrahamic religions should unite against homosexuality. Police is now investigating who could be behind this absurd campaign.
    Hate, bringing people together since the dawn of time!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Sad to hear that the homophobic movements are still so strong in Western Europe.

In related news:

Anti-gay marriage protesters return to streets of Paris

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    No one was surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Foregone conclusion... but why even bother asking people to hashtag their choice when the decision was made a year ago? Will that decide Ms. Congeniality in week after's reunion episode? Was it just a stunt to try and boost ratings?
    Still so happy with the result; it was well deserved. I do wonder how the season would have shaped up had Adore not quit. It's a shame they didn't get a grand finale, with audience. The winner deserved the cheers of the audience at the crowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Oh, can I play?

1. Angela. To be honest, she had me at 'strong, kick-ass red headed goddess' but that fact she is LGBT is the icing on the cake. Special mentions to America Chavez, Wiccan and Midnighter.
    Of course you can play, and you have EXCELLENT taste in characters.

2. Tough choice. Given as we are in a comic forum, I will go with Wicaan & Hulkling. Young Avengers was one of the first comic series I read, and I have always loved these two. Frankly its about time Marvel give them that wedding, though at least AL has been treating them well in New Avengers.
    Billy & Teddy's Excellent Adventure: Wiccan & Hulkling Appreciation
    http://community.comicbookresources....g-Appreciation

3. Hmm... at the moment I am rather obsessed with Colton Haynes. He just seems like such a lovely bloke, and he is utterly beautiful. I could just stare at him for hours... I do love John Barrowman too (Not in that way mind). Huge fan of Doctor Who/Torchwood, and his character of Captain Jack helped me accept my bisexuality when I was younger.
    I don't get the love of John Barrowman, he always strikes me as a bit of a b*tch; plus I never liked Captain Jack. But I do love to stare at Colton, so glad he's finally come out.

4. Has to be Maleficent.
    #WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Did you hear the J.K Rowling is planning on making a couple more Harry Potter films including one with Dumbledore and his allegedly boyfriend Grindelwald? I hope that goes ahead.

For a while Jamie Campbell Bowers was going to play Grindelwald but I have no idea who could play him now. I bet they get Russell Tovey to do it. Who would you cast?
    Eh! Based on her track record, I take it with a pinch of salt until it a) happens, and b) is made CLEAR they are lovers; not just "really good friends" (RE: the Cursed Child).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-17-2016 at 03:56 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Iceman gets his own solo series !!!

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announes-iceman-series/

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Iceman gets his own solo series !!!

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announes-iceman-series/
    I am floored with excitement. What great news. A gay solo X-Men title.. about damn time!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

I see this movie series as J K Rowling's last opportunity to put her money where her mouth is, with her LGBT fans. I'm not expecting a same-sex romance in the movies (And other LGBT fans shouldn't either) but if we don't get in five movies some scene or clear dialogue making Dumbledore's feelings for Grindelwald explicit to the viewers, I won't defend Rowling anymore while people are dragging her for not walking the walk. Specially after she allowed Harry Potter & The Cursed Queerbaiting to exist.

I'd love to see out LGBT actors portraying the characters, so Russel Tovey is a good idea, even if really young. I don't know how old Dumbledore and Grindelwald are supposed to be during the time in which the movies take place but I'd think it's around 40-50s.