Page 4 of 550 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

poll would be bad! too many different ways people identify themselves and trying to force people to choose the categories you identify as legitimate creates tension and conflict within the community that doesn't feel good. :/ i like the way everyone thus far has been identifying themselves when and how they feel like it, it's more natural, and i don't think we have any particular need for a poll that divides it up by identity. maybe just a 1-option poll of "do you identify under the LGBTQ+ umbrella?" and then you could get a count of how many of us there are in total compared to the total number of active posters on cbr... and there's your % right there, yeah?

ANYWAY

where my fellow queer ladies at? -high fives all around- heyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Eli.C View Post
    I think it should, insofar as sexuality ought to be a personal thing that varies from individual to individual. But there is a different term for a man that is attracted to men than for a woman that is attracted to men. But I do think it goes back to the issue of creating an umbrella for a something that is wildly different for each and every individual.
    Very good point. But I also don't want anyone to feel we are excluding, or not here to talk about any issues under the "umbrella" they wish to voice. If that makes sense? We want the thread to be open to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangent Man View Post
    I'm not at ALL surprised by Dolly! She's a longtime friend of the community, publicly saying so in many interviews. Steve Austin pleasantly surprised me, though. Stonecold didn't mince words, either!
    Agreed. Both awesome allies.

Welcome to the new folks, and welcome back to the returning members who've been away! Like bert, I've been around CBR a long time ('96). I'm wowed by the strong queer presence here.
    Agreed; so happy the strong presence and support we are seeing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygnome View Post
    poll would be bad! too many different ways people identify themselves and trying to force people to choose the categories you identify as legitimate creates tension and conflict within the community that doesn't feel good. :/ i like the way everyone thus far has been identifying themselves when and how they feel like it, it's more natural, and i don't think we have any particular need for a poll that divides it up by identity. maybe just a 1-option poll of "do you identify under the LGBTQ+ umbrella?" and then you could get a count of how many of us there are in total compared to the total number of active posters on cbr... and there's your % right there, yeah?

ANYWAY

where my fellow queer ladies at? -high fives all around- heyyyyy
    I'm mostly lady. I say that because I've never really felt fem but don't think of myself as masculine. I just am, I guess. 'Spose that's why I think of myself as mostly neutral and kinda fluid. Gendermolasses maybe?

Forgot to say earlier: I'm a gay male, in a long term relationship with my boyfriend (proposing to him some-time in Octish)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygnome View Post
    What about a poll option of "nothing here sums up my sexuality" or "I fall under the umbrella, that's enough"? I don't want to divide, and I agree people can just say it if and when they choose; but I like polls (OCD, I'm afraid... nearly all my threads have polls)

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm also surprised that there's one of these threads.
    This will probably be one of those threads I frequent a lot.
    YEY! Welcome aboard.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Very good point. But I also don't want anyone to feel we are excluding, or not here to talk about any issues under the "umbrella" they wish to voice. If that makes sense? We want the thread to be open to all.
    Ai, and I'm not particularly opposed to the idea. I am worried about the potential of someone being followed because they identified and someone is seeking to attach themselves because they don't want to feel alone anymore.

Also, funfact: I am still not to terms with my bisexuality. I'm aware that I can be attracted to dudes, I don't think it is bad, I'm still taken aback to how strongly I react to Chris Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Frost View Post
    I'm mostly lady. I say that because I've never really felt fem but don't think of myself as masculine. I just am, I guess. 'Spose that's why I think of myself as mostly neutral and kinda fluid. Gendermolasses maybe?
    *Chokes*

New rule. We warn Eli when something funny is about to be posted. Yes? Yes. Done.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

This is me and the face of evil

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    does anyone else advertise in their Scruff profile that they read comic books?
    I do on mine

BANNED

Also, funfact: I am still not to terms with my bisexuality. I'm aware that I can be attracted to dudes, I don't think it is bad, I'm still taken aback to how strongly I react to Chris Evans.
    Chris Evans doesn't count, I mean, come on, look at that guy.

But here's a question... have you had sex with a man? A friend of mine, let's call him a friend, thought he was bi. He wasn't sure about it, had sex with a man a couple of times and liked it. Afterwards he decided that while he might enjoy sex with men, he isn't attracted to them on any other level save for the slight indescretion every once and again.

It sort of mirrors my own growth and realization. For the longest time I didn't know what I was and my sexual attraction was more about finding something to compensate for a loss in my childhood. I longed for friendship, not a relationship. I mixed sexual desires with the desire for brotherhood and belonging, only to end up discovering that I wasn't just looking for some kind of physical friendship, I was looking for an actual romantic relationship.

Sexuality is sometimes that you grow into, if you ask me. It's something that isn't set in stone, it's something you learn about yourself as you grow up and mature.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by End of Time View Post
    Chris Evans doesn't count, I mean, come on, look at that guy.

But here's a question... have you had sex with a man? A friend of mine, let's call him a friend, thought he was bi. He wasn't sure about it, had sex with a man a couple of times and liked it. Afterwards he decided that while he might enjoy sex with men, he isn't attracted to them on any other level save for the slight indescretion every once and again.

It sort of mirrors my own growth and realization. For the longest time I didn't know what I was and my sexual attraction was more about finding something to compensate for a loss in my childhood. I longed for friendship, not a relationship. I mixed sexual desires with the desire for brotherhood and belonging, only to end up discovering that I wasn't just looking for some kind of physical friendship, I was looking for an actual romantic relationship.

Sexuality is sometimes that you grow into, if you ask me. It's something that isn't set in stone, it's something you learn about yourself as you grow up and mature.
    Right? I knew something was up when I saw Not Another Teen Movie. He's just so...righteous.

I have, my first sexual encounter was with a man (and no one has replicated his feat since), and I have had a couple of encounters since. The biggest issue is that I'm much pickier when it comes to men than with women, and that might be because I am massively competitive, and when I see a guy, it is as a potential rival first, mate second.

Maybe third or fourth.

I'm reaaaally competitive.

I won't even bother posting my picture.
    I don't want anyone to be blinded by my ugliness

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Frost View Post
    I play women in RPGs! I have no desire to identify as a woman irl, but get a RPG running...!

Where does THAT fit in the gender spectrum? Not sarcasm, have psychologists considered studying cross-gender role playing in tabletop/online/PbP games?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    This is me and the face of evil

Guns of Death, you mean!

Those arms! Those ARMS!

Personally, I consider sexuality a fluid phenomenon. Check out research on sexual orientation, and you find enough support for that statement. Consider the " Mostly Straight" thing happening with men recently!

I'm also in favor of a poll, as optional fun, mandatory privacy in answers.

@Charmed: that's a terrible thing to say about yourself! We're not rating pics here...at least not seriously. Post yours if you feel so inclined, whenever you're ready!
    Last edited by Tangent Man; 05-01-2014 at 11:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I won't even bother posting my picture.
    I don't want anyone to be blinded by my ugliness
    baby, you look in that mirror, and you tell yourself you are FIERCE.

BANNED

I lurk a bit..and I am familiar with the acronym LGBT but I have a question..what does the Q stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I lurk a bit..and I am familiar with the acronym LGBT but I have a question..what does the Q stand for?
    Questioning

BANNED

Questioning
    ahh had to google that. Thanks.

Also, funfact: I am still not to terms with my bisexuality. I'm aware that I can be attracted to dudes, I don't think it is bad, I'm still taken aback to how strongly I react to Chris Evans..
    To be fair, Chris Evans can turn anyone bi

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    You sir... are a goooooooood looking man!

I play women in RPGs! I have no desire to identify as a woman irl, but get a RPG running...!
    Where does THAT fit in the gender spectrum? Not sarcasm, have psychologists considered studying cross-gender role playing in tabletop/online/PbP games?
    I nearly exclusively play women in RPGs; mainly because the women often get cooler capes and hoods (lame, I know, but it's true). Female wizards in Balduer's Gate look epic, male wizard just look like old men. Also Zelda's the best in Smash Bros, and Peach looks like a pink Bride from Kill Bill on her bike in Mario Kart. It's all about the visuals; women can nearly always look better at men, they have more choices in their ensemble. The Oscars, actresses and what they wear is almost as big as who wins. The men = outside of a wonky bow-tie, no-one cares what we wear.

@Charmed: that's a terrible thing to say about yourself! We're not rating pics here...at least not seriously. Post yours if you feel so inclined, whenever you're ready!
    THIS! Don't say such things Charmed, it's not a beautiful pageant, it's sharing fun pictures of each other for joy. I shared drunk Clint Eastwood-Kieran at a wedding. It's not my "best looking" picture, but the one that brings the biggest smile to my face (and hopefully the face of others). Hence the share.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2014 at 12:01 PM.