Page 417 of 550 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467517 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Seems like this thread needs a fashion tag. XD

Don't stop on my account; I'm merely bemused.
    Lol I can't help it. Fashion has become a weakness of mine. I don't own a lot of fashionable stuff, personally, but I do like the concept of fashion and talking about things I find cute, chic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    ����

I don't know what price range you are comfortable with, but I have a Schott pea coat that I love; this Schott duffle coat is on sale:
    https://www.schottnyc.com/products/w...t.htm?catID=45
    I clutched my non-existent pearls when I saw that price. While I find it silly that clothes are gendered, I don't really like the snug feeling in the arms of women's jackets. Of course, the only women's jacket I've ever tried on was my mom's, and she's pretty tiny, so that was probably the reason xD If I can't find a men's pea coat small enough for my size (and I probably won't cause I'm pretty tiny myself), then I may see how a larger women's coat fits.

I don't wear heels or boots that often. Special occasions for heels, abysmal cold for boots. Flats or tennis shoes otherwise, usually.

I don't have army boots either, but I like them. ��

I guess my sneaker obsession is a stereotype, but I love them and don't care. ����
    My liking fashion is a stereotype too, but hell, I like it too much to stop.

Only if you wear canvas hi-tops laced all the way up (tightly) without socks or tights (in my experience). If I'm going "bare" I wear low tops, usually Tretorn T56's
    The shoes I wear outside of the house are these black low tops that I just adore. I saw these Vans at the mall that are gray with a pink line that goes across the shoe (just above the sole). They're so damn awesome. I told myself, if I do well this semester a.k.a. pass, then I'll buy them!

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Maybe this is not the place to ask for help but i will try.

Well hi, the thing, my best friend just came out to me and told me, he wants to be a woman and that next year he will start his transition, the thing is, he kinda feels shame for his body, he says he doesnt want to become to masculine, he is thin and is 20 years old, i suggested to do some exercise and to not worry since his body was not going to change anymore.

what i want to ask you is that, what else can i do to help my friend, i dont want him to feel bad, he is my best friend and i care about him, should i look for a specific guide of exercises that helps him or something? also there is the problem he is currently is studying in another city and he only comes to visit 2 times a year, during summer and at the end of the year, the rest of the time we speak by phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post

Well hi, the thing, my best friend just came out to me and told me, he wants to be a woman and that next year he will start his transition, the thing is, he kinda feels shame for his body, he says he doesnt want to become to masculine, he is thin and is 20 years old, i suggested to do some exercise and to not worry since his body was not going to change anymore.

what i want to ask you is that, what else can i do to help my friend, i dont want him to feel bad, he is my best friend and i care about him, should i look for a specific guide of exercises that helps him or something? also there is the problem he is currently is studying in another city and he only comes to visit 2 times a year, during summer and at the end of the year, the rest of the time we speak by phone.
    So (s)he's currently "a man", and the transition would be to female, right? I'm a bit confused cause it looked like that, but you say he doesn't want to become masculine? Because of the transition? You're talking about specific exercises for what?

Well, if I understand you correctly, you support your friend in his/her transition.
    If that's the case then I compliment you for that.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I think the fact that you want to help is what she would appreciate most of all. Just be a good friend, don't misgender her but if she says she wishes to be known as a man til after she transitions then go ahead and refer to her that way.

I've heard one of the best things you can do is take her shopping once she starts treatment. Obviously when people transition they don't always have the right clothes anymore and shopping for the first time is scary so having someone there helps heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I think the fact that you want to help is what she would appreciate most of all. Just be a good friend, don't misgender her but if she says she wishes to be known as a man til after she transitions then go ahead and refer to her that way.

I've heard one of the best things you can do is take her shopping once she starts treatment. Obviously when people transition they don't always have the right clothes anymore and shopping for the first time is scary so having someone there helps heaps!
    Well that sounds like a great idea, thanks mate, if i have more question on the subject i will comeback, also yes, he told he has no problem with being call a "he" for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    I will echo what has already been said basically.

I lost friends when I came out to them, most of my family hasn't spoken to me in over a decade (even thought I never said anything...). It's important that you continue to listen to your friend and remain supportive, because a lot of us (LGBTQIA) didn't have (or don't have that) and it means so much; to feel less alone. ��
    That is what I told him, in fact i am one of 6 other friend that he told, and i according to him i was the one who was less surprise, mostly because i have read and inform myself on the transgender and transition thing, but also because he is my best friend, sometimes we speak about thing i havent share with other friends, but yeah i told if he ever had problem with family just look at how many people he trust and how many more of his friend would support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You look way better than I imagined from the avatar.
    Haha. Thanks!

That's so cool! My Internet is a bit spotty at the moment (I've gone over my data limit) but I'll check it out when I have a chance!

And did you hear Elton john is making the music for a devil wears Prada musical? It's going to be so awesome!
    Thanks for watching!

Devil Wears Prada Musical will be fab!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I echo this, being there for her means the world; give her space when she needs it, be there to listen when she reaches out. But I would add: don't ALWAYS talk about it, ask about it. Sometimes it's nice to just joke about stuff, or see a film, and not always have to speak about being LGBT+.

Brilliant advice, and something that would never have occurred to me (but makes perfect sense now you've said it).

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Devil Wears Prada Musical will be fab!
    I'll be interested to hear the score,, but I'm still more excited about Tina Fey adapting Mean Girls into a Broadway musical!!! SQUEAL!!! I forget though, any of the characters in that film LGBT+? Been a while since I watched it.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-30-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

I'll be interested to hear the score,, but I'm still more excited about Tina Fey adapting Mean Girls into a Broadway musical!!! SQUEAL!!! I forget though, any of the characters in that film LGBT+? Been a while since I watched it.
    Tina Fey is my spirit animal. I prefer Mean Girls too. In March I'm going to a dinner theater production of Mean Girls as musical called Mean Gurlz. Its going to be AMAZING.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Oh my gosh that sounds incredible!

I can't wait for mean girls the musical. People always said if you liked it you should try Heathers but I could never get into that one

Oh my gosh that sounds incredible!

I can't wait for mean girls the musical. People always said if you liked it you should try Heathers but I could never get into that one
    Wha ......Heathers is AMAZING !!!

Haha sorry I love the lingo and the fashion but the murdering puts me off. Not sure why since I can handle it in other movies.

By the way everyone should download the attitude heroes podcast. For their first podcast they chose sir Ian McKellan and he has never been more honest or inspiring! Give it a go.

Also, I'm on holiday for the next two weeks or so with the bf so don't worry if you notice I haven't posted in a while lol

Also, I'm on holiday for the next two weeks or so with the bf so don't worry if you notice I haven't posted in a while lol
    Have a gorgeous holiday, you lovely man!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I dont know if this has been discussed but why isnt New avenger as a nominee for the GLAAD
    http://www.cbr.com/love-is-love-supe...ga-midnighter/

Al Ewing did a good job by creating stories of their own to Hulking and Wiccan, he even gave it a good end to the couple, i believe it deserve a spot in the list just as the other two.