Page 419 of 550 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 8245
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I think it's definitely got more to do with where you are at a given time, than the time itself, or your relative age. I'm going to feel less accepted getting queerbashed in a shitty neighborhood than I am in a "less enlightened time," but in a loving home and community.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Question of curiosity. Regardless of (but feel free to include) your section of LGBTQIA, do you see any difference about how 'safe' or 'accepted' you feel as an adult compared to a child/teenager? I'm curious if it gets easier or harder as a person grows up.
    I'm British and gay and the difference, in just 15 years has be colossal. As recently as 1995, being openly gay could destroy your career. Gay characters in shows were shocking and objected to for even being mentioned. We are fortunate here in Britain. When I was a kid the idea I'd be married to a man at 30 was beyond a pipe dream. The idea we'd have leaders who openly defend us, proudly defend and support us, seemed nothing but wishful thinking. I always feel comfortable saying I'm gay now; where as a kid it was "shameful" and something you hid. Even coming out at 15, in the safe environment of a private school, I was still suddenly seen as "the gay kid" where as now you'd have a lot more openly gay kids, teachers, relatives, celebrities. The world has woken up; still a way to go but it's a battle we are clearly going to win
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-10-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Question of curiosity. Regardless of (but feel free to include) your section of LGBTQIA, do you see any difference about how 'safe' or 'accepted' you feel as an adult compared to a child/teenager? I'm curious if it gets easier or harder as a person grows up.
    Well, I wasn't out as a kid, so I don't know how accepted I'd be, but I am feeling very accepted by everybody in my family and at work.
    I also feel safer because I work out and I throw a mean punch and I was a bit of a weakling as a kid.

Do you guys think i should ask my best friend how does he feel about me before he start taking hormones, i am asking because after he came out to me he joked about what if i liked him after his change and i was like "......" didnt know what to say and then he said he was joking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Do you guys think i should ask my best friend how does he feel about me before he start taking hormones, i am asking because after he came out to me he joked about what if i liked him after his change and i was like "......" didnt know what to say and then he said he was joking.
    I think that is an awkward question to ask any person, of any gender or any sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I think that is an awkward question to ask any person, of any gender or any sexual orientation.
    Then instead I should wait for he to tell me how he feels?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Then instead I should wait for he to tell me how he feels?
    Yes... a question like that only pressures people to say something they're not ready to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Yes... a question like that only pressures people to say something they're not ready to say.
    Hmm i quite like him and i really appreciate and enjoy the times i spend with him during vacation since he is studying in another city, i would be fine if he never says he feelings about me, i like the friendship i have with him overall.

BANNED

Does anybody know if the early gay euro-comic Bob Marone was ever published in English?

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Hey guys - I finally saw Moonlight this weekend - really bittersweet story that would usually have gone unnoticed in some fringe festival so am happy for all the acclaim it is getting. The acting is great. I wish there was more of an emotional punch at the end (which I got from other Oscar contenders like Lion / Manchester by the Sea / even LalaLand) but overall the structure works quite well.

Hey, guys. Just wanted to post the link to my new article focusing on Black romance in comic books, in time for Valentine's Day and Black History Month. There is a lesbian and a gay entry. The gay one had me raking my brains trying to think of one until I remembered hours later after posting it, so that's a recent update.

http://www.theouthousers.com/columns...-the-ugly.html

Lemme know what you guys think!
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm always of two minds when it comes to the loss of Midnighter and Apollo's Wildstorm history. Nothing in the Nu52 comes close to the Ellis issues, imo, not until Orlando picked up the characters. But then, so much from Millar onward seemed aimed at making Midnighter a badass at the expense of Apollo. He went from being a powerhouse to, at best, "not Midnighter" and, at worst, the ball and chain, alternately sidelined or in need of rescue (with a couple of exceptions just before they blew up the world, iirc). Apollo was about, he was Midnighter's husband, but he wasn't really shown as a confidant and full partner or as having much personality of his own.

I dunno, most of the time, I just feel like I can skip right from the end of Ellis' Authority run to Orlando's Midnighter solo and not much worthwhile gets lost.
    http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/dc-co...perheroes.html

Writer Steve Orlando has been doing acclaimed stories in the mainstream DC universe starring your Wildstorm characters Midnighter and Apollo. What do you think of his work on them?

I think Steve is a fine writer, and the book he writes is a good and necessary thing. So, early in the process, I made sure everyone knew I didn’t want this to extinguish Steve’s book. I’m making use of the DC multiversal structure. This is, if you like, “Earth-Wildstorm,” a parallel universe to the regular DC world. This means that Steve’s book takes place in the mainstream DC universe. That frees me to use Midnighter and Apollo, which I plan to — but they will be alternates, and very different versions. Steve’s book stands on its own two feet, and I don’t want to mess with that.

Ooh, since you’ve just spilled that Midnighter and Apollo will show up, who else can you say will be around? Elijah Snow and his partners from your Planetary series? Jenny Sparks? Dastardly megalomaniac Henry Bendix?

Well, dropping those names wasn’t much of a spoiler, and they’re a long way away in any case. I have a scheme. I can tell you that Henry Bendix will be along shortly — he’s an original, core Wildstorm character and it’s not like I was going to resist dusting off the creepy old git in any case. You shouldn’t, however, expect to see anyone from Planetary. I consider that book a closed project, and that whole thing had only the barest connections to the Wildstorm Universe anyway.

Even mentioning Jenny Sparks would be a spoiler. But you can expect a few more of my old Wildstorm creations to show up. But, for now, this is a book about the characters and themes that Jim and his friends created, way back when, and me, trying to do right by them.
    Thought some folks might be interested in that section.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hey, guys. Just wanted to post the link to my new article focusing on Black romance in comic books, in time for Valentine's Day and Black History Month. There is a lesbian and a gay entry. The gay one had me raking my brains trying to think of one until I remembered hours later after posting it, so that's a recent update.

http://www.theouthousers.com/columns...-the-ugly.html

Lemme know what you guys think!
    Man, this makes me acutely aware of how few black/black romances are happening in either Marvel or DC.

Always loved Fatality/Stewart though.
    It felt like a good direction for the chars to take.

On the other hand, Black Panther/Storm felt horrible, and was sheer marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/dc-co...perheroes.html

Thought some folks might be interested in that section.
    No Planetary? :/
    I iz sad.

Best book of his.

I'm glad Midnighter and Apollo will continue to exist within the DCU Proper. Now hopefully they will continue to be used post mini.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm glad Midnighter and Apollo will continue to exist within the DCU Proper. Now hopefully they will continue to be used post mini.
    If JLA sells well maybe one of them can join to the team, hopefully.