Page 420 of 550 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 8245
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

A split is good. A separate WildStorm reality is good.

No one's written them quite as well, for me, as Warren, and he does love the pocket universe conceit, so I hope that's where this is going.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    A split is good. A separate WildStorm reality is good.

No one's written them quite as well, for me, as Warren, and he does love the pocket universe conceit, so I hope that's where this is going.
    Word.

So, I don't think it's come up here yet, Tom Neuwirth revealed in an interview a couple of days ago that he'd "kill" Conchita (formerly known as Wurst) since he feels like he's achieved all with her that he ever could and he feels smothered by her, specifics to be announced soon. Certainly understandable (and perhaps inevitable), but wasn't Conchita working on new songs just a few weeks ago? And if meant literally (well, as "literal" as can be), killing seems like a bad decision for multiple reasons, partly due to the (arguably commendable) risk inherent to such and more importantly in regards to respecting her fans (even if she's his creation and thus "his to do with as he pleases"). Although I guess he could return her to her roots of having a fictional separate (Latin American) background and have her plane crash in a jungle somewhere, which would give him an emergency out and let fans imagine she lives on as a living goddess attended by sexy boys or some such. Fact is, though, she's a queer idol while "on his own" he never broke through, so...
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    If JLA sells well maybe one of them can join to the team, hopefully.
    Stop playing with my heart.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    So, I don't think it's come up here yet, Tom Neuwirth revealed in an interview a couple of days ago that he'd "kill" Conchita (formerly known as Wurst) since he feels like he's achieved all with her that he ever could and he feels smothered by her, specifics to be announced soon. Certainly understandable (and perhaps inevitable), but wasn't Conchita working on new songs just a few weeks ago? And if meant literally (well, as "literal" as can be), killing seems like a bad decision for multiple reasons, partly due to the (arguably commendable) risk inherent to such and more importantly in regards to respecting her fans (even if she's his creation and thus "his to do with as he pleases"). Although I guess he could return her to her roots of having a fictional separate (Latin American) background and have her plane crash in a jungle somewhere, which would give him an emergency out and let fans imagine she lives on as a living goddess attended by sexy boys or some such. Fact is, though, she's a queer idol while "on his own" he never broke through, so...
    I understand why he wants to use this to become a star in his own right, but I agree Conchita was such a great figure in Eurovision, I'd love to see more from Conchita.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

By now you guys probably have heard of the teaser of generation and how Kate is the only young avenger to be there, like what the **** marvel!

Whatever happen to Wiccan the legacy character for the Scarlet Witch.

By now you guys probably have heard of the teaser of generation and how Kate is the only young avenger to be there, like what the **** marvel!

Well all the Young Avengers were. I do think it would be smart to promote Wiccan more as LGBT representation with this new generations of legacy heroes. I don't get why Carol is on there twice...
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Well all the Young Avengers were. I do think it would be smart to promote Wiccan more as LGBT representation with this new generations of legacy heroes. I don't get why Carol is on there twice...
    Because she is both a legacy character and a non legacy or something like that, and yeah none of the legacy are LGBT, we have a hispanic, whites, blacks, a muslim and a Asian.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

It's using characters who actually took the name of a previous superhero, isn't it?

But, hell, if Alex Ross is having more of a hand in it than just covers, we'll be lucky if we don't get some atrocious "ethnic" redesigns.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It seems to be not about legacy characters, but simply about characters with the exact same codename. Hence two Carols.

So Milo's book deal got cancelled. It's a small victory but hopefully the beginning of something

Yeah but sadly this is a company who puts out "solidarity" with LGBT people over Orlando with an image absent of ANY LGBT+ characters. They don't promote us; though thankfully they've gotten to a point they can't HELP but include us (though forced, forced is better than nothing). Just a shame the company had to be forced to do it.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

What do you all think about the Hispanic trans furry character in Great Lakes Avengers, Good Boy?

One step forward

Europe rights chief says all states must approve same-sex unions
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/02/21...me-sex-unions/

He wrote: “The 20 member states of the Council of Europe that still do not provide any legal recognition to same-sex couples should enact legislation to create – at the very least – registered partnerships that ensure that privileges, obligations or benefits available to married or registered different-sex partners are equally available to same-sex partners.

“All states should ensure that legislation exists to provide registered same-sex couple with the same rights and benefits as married or registered different-sex couples, for example in the areas of social security, taxes, employment and pension benefits, freedom of movement, family reunification, parental rights and inheritance.”

The Council of Europe is distinct from the European Union and has a broader membership – including Ukraine, Russia and Turkey.

[MORE IN LINK]

Wow, fingers crossed on that one.

I haven't heard of Good Boy yet but I'm intrigued. One of my friends is a furry. It's random but that's just part of living in the 21st century. It's not like it's even close to the 7 million horrible random things that have happened in the 21st century so far

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

I haven't heard of Good Boy yet but I'm intrigued. One of my friends is a furry. It's random but that's just part of living in the 21st century. It's not like it's even close to the 7 million horrible random things that have happened in the 21st century so far
    I hope that GLA will have a healthy run. Lots of representation there.