Page 426 of 550 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 8245
    Invincible Member

I thought that while Iron Fist was critically panned, it still got a decent number of audience views?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Wow he sounds fascinating. Plus, one of the earliest accounts of bottom shaming lol.
    Considering this attitude reaches back into antiquity, calling it one of the earliest accounts seems a bit of a stretch to me.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

BANNED

Aw!

Samira Wiley and "Orange is the new Black" script writer Lauren Morelli got married!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on the latest season of RuPaul's Drag Race? As a huge Lady Gaga fan I loved the first episode and Untucked.
    I loved it too!

Especially loved the Untucked part where she gave the Queens her critiques. It was great. And the face crack after the Queen figured out it was her in the work room LMAO!

So far, I'm really liking Nina, Valentina, Sasha and Shea.
    Haven't made my mind up about Aja and Eureka yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post

Aw!

Samira Wiley and "Orange is the new Black" script writer Lauren Morelli got married!
    They had the most beautiful wedding photos. I really hope Samira gets more movie roles. She's so beautiful and talented. So much of the cast of OINB are

Re-watching the Wolf of Wallstreet right now, because Leo is amazing, but... the only other Scorcese film I know that includes gay men is Mean Street; and BOTH films involve our "hero" calling them f*gg*ts. And is the gay men beaten up in Mean Street (it's been ages, but I seem to remember his nose bleeding???); because if so... that's another thing they have in common. Can anyone think of a Scorcese film that includes a gay men in a positive (or hey, just not insulted or attacked) role?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It does get better later though. It's still pretty generic and weak compared to DD/JJ but it's not as bad as the first two episodes.
    I've given up after episode 4, it's just awful. He's awful, the characters are cliche and awful; GOD. I'm shocked, shocked how bad it is; at-least Luke Cage had interesting villains and committed to talking about issues, and expressing a culture. Iron Fist... GOD it's so bad. They need to re-cast and just pretend it never happened. And Rand is such an uninspiring hero last name.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp, set to portray space-fungus expert Lt. Stamets in the upcoming series, spoke with Metro Weekly in a new interview today about his thoughts on portraying one of the first regular in-universe gay character in the Trek franchise.
    Rapp “Honored” to Play One of TREK’s First Gay Roles

I'm SO looking forward to this new Trek series for a multitude of reasons.
    I'm looking forward to the series because a) I can watch Star Trek again, now they don't pretend LGBT don't exist, and b) LOVE Michelle Yeoh. But we get a fungus guy??? Well... it's something, but still, it should be captain or second in command at-least (really should be captain, it's our turn god dammit ).

Quote Originally Posted by OldManMagneto View Post
    Good to see a LGBT community on here. That will make sticking around even more worthwhile.
    Welcome. We have a little tradition here, for new posters to answer the following questions.

FOUR QUESTIONS:
    1. who is your favourite LGBT comic character?
    2. who is your favourite fictional LGBT couple? (across all media)
    3. who is your favourite real life LGBT celebrity?
    4. who is the hottest Disney prince? (or princess)
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on the latest season of RuPaul's Drag Race? As a huge Lady Gaga fan I loved the first episode and Untucked.
    It was a good opener, with some EPIC surprises. I do think a few too many queens are going visual (when it doesn't seem like "them"; it seems forced). But LOVE Nina; that peach... EPIC! And I say epic because it's made out of paper, it's true to him. He makes stuff out of paper, he's a visual queen, it's real. Some of the others are way too try-hard. And the Ginger Minj wannabe... no mame!
    spoilers:
    As for Gaga... I LOVE the mirror crack of a shocker, that was glorious... but the episode was TOO MUCH Gaga. I felt her commenting on each dress was self-indulgent and it's RuPaul's Drag Race not Gaga's Drag Race. I've never known a guest star to get so much attention. Also I really hope RuPaul isn't going to for-go drag, that was odd, and not explained. Also, hope that is not the new runway or desk, that desk... no. Feels wrong. LOVE THE ENDING!!! My money is either Acid Betty, Jamsine Masters or... hmmmm... no, that's all I got.
    end of spoilers

Interesting article about a case of straight privilege.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03692bea7efbc
    Last edited by Malvolio; 03-27-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I loved it too!

Especially loved the Untucked part where she gave the Queens her critiques. It was great. And the face crack after the Queen figured out it was her in the work room LMAO!

So far, I'm really liking Nina, Valentina, Sasha and Shea.
    Haven't made my mind up about Aja and Eureka yet.
    When she went backstage during Untucked and then complimented and gave advice to each and every queen on how to improve was f***ing awesome.

Also the returning queen was leaked a while ago. I won't say who it is but I will say that the lighting during that scene made the sneak peak very misleading.

Invincible Member

The new Suicide Squad/Bannana Splits comic has a back story featuring Snagglepuss. It's set in the 50's and SP is appearing before the House of Unamerican Activities. It's clear that Snagglepuss is based on Tennesee Williams with perhaps a dash of Oscar Wilde.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Interesting article about a case of straight privilege.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03692bea7efbc
    100% understand where he's coming from. We are not a circus show, and the gay bars exist for necessary reasons (none of which involve str8 women's bachelorette parties).

My favourite part of the comment section is seeing a certain sector trying to steer the conversation to whether they feel safe from str8 male groping in gay bars. LOL! The fact they don't get how it's NOT ABOUT THEM at this moment sort of proves RuPaul's point. They're too wrapped up in their own world and how live is catered to them, to care they have an obligation to be respectful when in another groups "treehouse".

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The new Suicide Squad/Bannana Splits comic has a back story featuring Snagglepuss. It's set in the 50's and SP is appearing before the House of Unamerican Activities. It's clear that Snagglepuss is based on Tennesee Williams with perhaps a dash of Oscar Wilde.
    How so, in the sense is Snagglepuss being charged with a crime? I don't read DC, and I'm sure some Marvel names look silly when first reading them... but Snagglepuss? LOL! Then again I just learned yesterday there is a French athlete called Gaylord Silly.

I have a question: about two weeks ago there was a spat in the British news about leading feminists saying trans women "aren't real women." Now while the headline is blood boiling, the point they are trying to convey... I sort of understand. Basically they are saying that having a sex change doesn't suddenly mean you "get" what it means to live as a woman. And that logic... I can't help but understand. We are the sum of our experiences... and growing up shapes who we are; by the time we're 18 we are formed, shaped through our life experiences. I feel like a bad LGBT+er, because I want to be super supportive, but I can't help but see the point being made.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I have a question: about two weeks ago there was a spat in the British news about leading feminists saying trans women "aren't real women." Now while the headline is blood boiling, the point they are trying to convey... I sort of understand. Basically they are saying that having a sex change doesn't suddenly mean you "get" what it means to live as a woman. And that logic... I can't help but understand. We are the sum of our experiences... and growing up shapes who we are; by the time we're 18 we are formed, shaped through our life experiences. I feel like a bad LGBT+er, because I want to be super supportive, but I can't help but see the point being made.

Thoughts?
    I think that is a "No-Win" situation.

BANNED

Suggested reading on the matter: