Page 428 of 550 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 8243

Goldfrapp has a new album out now!

It's a good blend of their slow and upbeat sounds. I'm already obsessed with Systemagic, Tigerman and Moon In Your Mouth.

Last edited by Supernature; 03-31-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah my first real life one was Ryan Phillipe in cruel intentions. If you've seen the movie you can probably guess which scene lol. Also goku which is random (obviously not live action though)
    For me he's hottest in I Know What You Did Last Summer (that locker room... oh boy), but I totally get what you mean. He looks increadible now, too. 40+; he's the body goal when I hit that age. Did you ever watch Due South? Super homoerotic, and he was in it, before he was famous (bloody good in it too)

Yeah we've had another prime minister since then. She was ok but very weak on any issue that could possibly be controversial, including marriage equality. It's partly I think why people lost interest in her and why she got scuttled by her party. We have leadership changes often here
    Who is your favourite Austrlia PM, across history?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    Cruel Intentions? I prefer Dangerous Liaisons...
    Me too; such amazing actresses (John Malkovich and Keanu let that film down).

Speaking of period pieces...

13 year old me after seeing Much Ado About Nothing was like:

"These are not the feels my Irish Catholic parent's were looking for."

"Stop tearing my pictures of Linda Evangelista off of my bedroom walls Mom!"
    FUN FACT: the gorgeous Emma Thompson is the ONLY person in Oscar history to win an Oscars for writing AND acting.

I have rarely felt as alienated as I do when "feminist" "friends" of mine start spitting out transmisogynist BS... or any anti-LGBTQIA sh*t. The last time this happened I felt so awful I ran into a bathroom to cry. I wish I was tougher in these moments...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    RE: transphobia

I am also very disturbed when self described feminists spout off such ignorant and hateful stuff as well
    Sadly the feminist movement has often been very bad about supporting it's LGBT+ sisters and women of colour. Though, we shouldn't throw too much shade, the gay community has often been critized (rightly so) for racism and misogyny. It's such a shame, we should be embracing one another, not adding to the alienation.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

I remember when I was studying in college and coming across black feminism. It was really insightful.

I've never heard of due South but I will have to check it out studio 54 had its moments too but it's also a bit sleazy.

Emma Watson is so flawless. She went to acting school with Stephen fry.

I don't really have a favourite Australian prime minister because most of them turned out to be nightmares. Kevin Rudd had some interesting ideas in the beginning. Abbot was a nightmare. He was the one who got yelled at by Julia Gillard

I've never heard of due South but I will have to check it out studio 54 had its moments too but it's also a bit sleazy.
    If you don't have a thing for Mounties... you will soon... hee hee...

Emma Watson is so flawless. She went to acting school with Stephen fry.
    Wash your mouth out!!!! THOMPSON! Emma Watson is Hermione Granger, and I doubt (based on her "talent") that she's gone to acting school. But yes, Emma Thompson and Stephen Fry, best friends. She was hilarious on QI when she guessed starred. And it just came out she threatened to quit Brideshead Revisited if she ever, EVER heard the producers tell the young actress to loose weight again while they filmed. She's beautiful, inside and out.

I don't really have a favourite Australian prime minister because most of them turned out to be nightmares. Kevin Rudd had some interesting ideas in the beginning. Abbot was a nightmare. He was the one who got yelled at by Julia Gillard
    MY favourite British PMs:
    Churchill (gotta be done), Robert Peel, Maggie and Theresa May (looooove her; so proud to have such a bad ass, capable, determined woman ruling my country right now). In my life-time of being "aware" of politics and politicians, I've lived through 6 PMs, which is pretty impressive, in their longevity. Blair lasted a long time; second only to Maggie in the 20th century. I "think" Brown was the shortest of my life, Major I seem to recall lasted all 5 years, Brown only made it to 4?

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I remember when I was studying in college and coming across black feminism. It was really insightful.
    How so? I'd love to know more on this, my knowledge is shamefully lacking.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    How so? I'd love to know more on this, my knowledge is shamefully lacking.
    A few...interesting articles sprung out of Nikki Minaj's various feuds. That link mostly shows articles about Taylor Swift, but there were many (similar) after Nikki's most recent feud with...some female rapper I can't remember the name of right now.

I put "interesting" in quotes because many of them attempted to justify different parties being rude for various reasons, but I do understand a lot of the underlying points.

I'm not sure if this 100% relates to DebkoX was referring, but it has been written about quite a lot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Goldfrapp has a new album out now!

It's a good blend of their slow and upbeat sounds. I'm already obsessed with Systemagic, Tigerman and Moon In Your Mouth.

It might be an appropriate time for this gif then.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I found this on twitter. Might be helpful:

Two things: The (at least only - albeit heavily - suggested) forced distinction here between trans woman and transwoman irks me for a completely different set of reasons. And as for the second to last point: So, is it "in general" or "absolutely"? Because while I can agree with the former, to the latter I state just one example: Bibliographies. People have histories; they may be relevant.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Haha ooops oh my gosh I meant Thompson lol. Must have been drinking and posting again.

I mean oops! That was an April fools day joke haha. I'll be going now

By the way, happy belated trans day of visibility. Hopefully things get much better for the trans community soon!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Two things: The (at least only - albeit heavily - suggested) forced distinction here between trans woman and transwoman irks me for a completely different set of reasons. And as for the second to last point: So, is it "in general" or "absolutely"? Because while I can agree with the former, to the latter I state just one example: Bibliographies. People have histories; they may be relevant.
    I think that can easily accomplished with the way pseudonyms like "Richard Bachman" are dealt with:

Caitlyn Jenner (published under the name Bruce Jenner); R. Smith Kiliper. The Olympics and Me. Doubleday. 1980. 152pp.

So it turns out homophobes couldn’t handle Simba being gay
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/01...mba-being-gay/

It is a PinkNews tradition to run an April Fools’ day article, and this year we broke the “news” that Simba would be gay in upcoming live-action Lion King remake. In the story, we wrote that Simba realises that he is gay during his teenage years after chancing upon same-sex couple Timon and Pumbaa in the wilderness. In order to accommodate the new plot, Simba’s childhood friend and eventual girlfriend Nala has been replaced with the male lion Naji. The film was also set to be released on June the 31st.

Despite the obvious signs that the story was a joke for April Fools, #Simba ended up trending on Twitter in the US and hundreds of people tweeted about the story. Although written with good intentions, a lot of people spoke negatively about the story and some made homophobic comments. Some insinuated that because the lion cub was gay, it meant he was not masculine enough to be “king”.

[TO SEE THE BIGOTRY: click on the link, for their hateful Twitter meltdowns]

Haha ooops oh my gosh I meant Thompson lol. Must have been drinking and posting again.
    I mean oops! That was an April fools day joke haha. I'll be going now
    HAHAHAHA; don't worry, you're too awesome to not instantly excuse such a minor mis-slip. x

By the way, happy belated trans day of visibility. Hopefully things get much better for the trans community soon!
    Agreed, belated Happy Trans Day of Visibility too. RuPaul's Gia Gunn just revealed she is trans. Absolutely!

BANNED

Re: Gay Simba...

I LOL'ed. Hard.

Aw! Thanks Kieran!

Yeah I could tell right away that simba story was fake lol. It's pretty funny how quickly people overreact lol. Did anyone see any good April fools jokes?

Aw! Thanks Kieran!

Yeah I could tell right away that simba story was fake lol. It's pretty funny how quickly people overreact lol. Did anyone see any good April fools jokes?
    Yes, i saw an announcement of a Wiccan and Hulking solo written by Ewing on Tumblr, i got excited and i reblogged that, only to find out some artist who specialize in drawing Wiccan and Hukling was fooling everyone.
    http://cris-art.tumblr.com/tagged/april-fools

SAD

Jessica Jones Season Two begins production today! Psyched!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/