Page 430 of 550 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 8245
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Isn't this like the third time that he's finally come out of the closet? I thought he officially came out before.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    I'd never dare rate Agent Carter S2 so low - not after it gave us Jarvis wrestling in his tights

I did love Jarvis; but the plot of S2 was just silly. And the doctor was a BAD actor, when so much hinged on liking him and caring if he reformed.

Meanwhile... I am loving this season of Drag Race and was thrilled with Valentina doing so well this week. Last week I was thinking she's the 'black horse' of this race and now she's a clear fave. Maravelloso!!
    Looooooving it. Valentina' dress was incredible; and Nina continues to impress. I'm liking Ginger Minj Mark II. And pleased who went, just not a good queen.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I did love Jarvis; but the plot of S2 was just silly. And the doctor was a BAD actor, when so much hinged on liking him and caring if he reformed.

Looooooving it. Valentina' dress was incredible; and Nina continues to impress. I'm liking Ginger Minj Mark II. And pleased who went, just not a good queen.
    Yeah the doctor was not good. Ginger Minj Mark II = Eureka ? yes she's quite talented - though love the shade Charlie Hide threw her in Untucked.
    As far as Jaymes Mansfield goes, she was one of my faves in the previews - I just don't think she's cut out for live performances (yet).Her online stuff is funny. I did think she beat Kimora in that lipsync but I guess the judges had made up their mind.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Could someone tell me: Is Behind the Candelabra(Liberace) similar to Wolf of Wall Street in terms of humor? Love WOW and the humor in it, looking for a similar movie since then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Could someone tell me: Is Behind the Candelabra(Liberace) similar to Wolf of Wall Street in terms of humor? Love WOW and the humor in it, looking for a similar movie since then.
    I haven't seen Wolf of Wallstreet (shame on me, probably), and I don't suppose I particularly care for Liberace as an entertainer, but I liked "Behind the Candlelabra" FWIW.

I haven't seen wolf of Wall Street either (don't really want to either) but I really liked behind the candelbra. It was a fascinating look at a truly remarkable character and Michael Douglas was superb it it

The Pope welcomed the world's only elected openly gay leader into the Vatican today, with Xavier Bettel's husband there too! Kind of cool, and baby steps. But vital ones. Every victory is a reason to celebrate.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

The Pope welcomed the world's only elected openly gay leader into the Vatican today, with Xavier Bettel's husband there too! Kind of cool, and baby steps. But vital ones. Every victory is a reason to celebrate.
    I don't always agree with this Pope, but I enjoy him greatly. He seems to do and say much more progressive things than previous one.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

I don't always know which sources people find agreeable/trustworthy/"correct" these days, but this seems disturbing if true.

Yeah the doctor was not good.
    Agreed; neither was the main villain (though at-least the actress had more talent). The thing is Agent Carter should never have go so sci-fi silly, it should have been more Mad Men, less Buffy. Pity. Because I loved Season 1.

Ginger Minj Mark II = Eureka ? yes she's quite talented - though love the shade Charlie Hide threw her in Untucked.
    As far as Jaymes Mansfield goes, she was one of my faves in the previewsspoilers:
    - I just don't think she's cut out for live performances (yet).Her online stuff is funny. I did think she beat Kimora in that lipsync but I guess the judges had made up their mind.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't seen her on-line stuff, she just came off as a bad Matt Lucas to me #sorryboutit. So EP 3.
    spoilers:
    I liked Kimora more than I think I should; and that lip-sync was not good, she deserved to go. I was very disappointed in the main challenge, LOVED the concept, but very few delivered a final product. It's odd not having any queen this season who is the funny one. Eureka is closest.
    end of spoilers
    Though if you want a FUN FACT: Jixx Monsoon is the only winner who did not have a challenge win in the first three episodes. So... there is a good chance (87.5% chance) one of our three winners of the last three episodes is this series victor.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Errrr... I wouldn't really compare those two films, personally. Yes they both have a very dark humour to them, but so does War of the Roses (1989) and In Bruges (2008); though I will agree both are "somewhat" stylised biopics and they both tackle the issue of excess. It's difficult, despite their similarities on paper, they come at their stories from completely different points of view. Scorcese is flashy, and he isn't looking to humanise Jordan Belfort; where as Soderbergh is very much stripping away the outward facade of Librace, and revealing the unwanted truths behind the consequences of the indulgence. And based off how he uses LGBT+ characters in his films, I'm not sure Scorsese would like to have his flare for grandiose be compared to Librace's flashy style

Both are well made, so if you enjoy good acting and good directing, YES you will enjoy it. But if you love seeing Belfort indulge his every whim, if you don't see him as a remorseless d**chebag from the get go... then I'm not sure you'll enjoy Behind the Candelabra.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I really liked behind the candelbra. It was a fascinating look at a truly remarkable character and Michael Douglas was superb it it
    I'm a big Michael Douglas fan, I think he's often over-looked when people speak of "truly great actors." It was his best performance in a while, and while it's great he won awards because it was moved to TV, that move remains a stupid idea. He should have been up for an Oscar, dammit! That said, he wouldn't have won (nor possibly get nominated, he didn't get a BAFTA nom, for example), so maybe I'm happier he got the EMMY and the Golden Globe for it than miss out on the Oscar nom. Hmmmmm... choices....

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I don't always agree with this Pope, but I enjoy him greatly. He seems to do and say much more progressive things than previous one.
    Agreed. As Pope's go, he's the best one of my lifetime.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 04-11-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I don't always know which sources people find agreeable/trustworthy/"correct" these days, but this seems disturbing if true.
    It is horrendous news. Seems like another megalomaniac in power and I hope that pressure is put to reign him in. Seems like some gay people have lost their lives already.

Though if you want a FUN FACT: Jixx Monsoon is the only winner who did not have a challenge win in the first three episodes. So... there is a good chance (87.5% chance) one of our three winners of the last three episodes is this series victor.
    It's quite exciting that there is no clear frontrunner this year. Last season Bob and KimChi were favourites from the start. But this year - I don't know - every week someone else gets to shine a bit.

I honestly have no words for what's happening in Chechnya. Hopefully the newspapers will make it front page and it can gain some real velocity in ending this. The most disturbing part is the language and thoughts of the man behind it, this is GRADE A LEVEL HATE:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mosexuals.html
    President Razman Kadyrov, who is a key ally of Vladimir Putin, allegedly ordered the clampdown, although officially his regime denied the arrests claiming 'it is impossible to persecute those who are not in the republic'.

Kadyrov, who introduced Islamic rule in the Muslim-majority region, has been accused of earlier human rights violations. He described the allegations as 'absolute lies and disinformation'. Kadyrov's spokesman Alvi Karimov told the Interfax News Agency: 'You cannot arrest or repress people who just don't exist in the republic. 'If such people existed in Chechnya, law enforcement would not have to worry about them, as their own relatives would have sent them to where they could never return.'

It's quite exciting that there is no clear frontrunner this year. Last season Bob and KimChi were favourites from the start. But this year - I don't know - every week someone else gets to shine a bit.
    I do agree; most years there have been queens who can "do it all" (act, be funny, look great, sow). spoilers:
    I wish the Cynthia Lee was wow'ing us more. She has experience and money beyond these queens, she should be mopping the floor. Pity.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 04-11-2017 at 02:34 AM.

Oh my gosh how gay was the new Thor trailer?

Jeff Goldblum and his rainbow technicolor dream coat
    Hela serving drag realness
    Valkyrie being a strong independent black woman
    Loki
    Thor in bondage
    Greek style Oil wrestling between Hulk and Thor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh my gosh how gay was the new Thor trailer?

Jeff Goldblum and his rainbow technicolor dream coat
    Hela serving drag realness
    Valkyrie being a strong independent black woman
    Loki
    Thor in bondage
    Greek style Oil wrestling between Hulk and Thor
    I'm not big on metal chains as bondage, especially over a pit of fire, but to each their own.