Page 439 of 550 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 8245

So the British people had an election AND... there are now more elected LGBT+ politicians in British history... AND THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!! That's so cool! Britain has the most number of elected LGBT+ politicians EVER! Yey!
    #teamSASHA

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Iceman #1 is out. Hope you all can support it! I thought it was a fun and enjoyable set up issue. Not as edge-y as Midnighter was, but it's Iceman! And he is finally gay! And has an on-going! Can't believe it still!
    Bought, read it, loved it. Excited for the next issue.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    #teamSASHA
    Same here, unfortunately though I don't think she's going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Same here, unfortunately though I don't think she's going to win.
    Agreed. Based on "facts" (grrrrrr) the truth is only Sharon Needles has won four challanges before (and now... Shea). I just can't see her not taking the crown, knowing that. But Sasha can come and steal it for All Star 3 (assuming Ben dela Creme doesn't come back and own the hell out of everybody).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Agreed. Based on "facts" (grrrrrr) the truth is only Sharon Needles has won four challanges before (and now... Shea). I just can't see her not taking the crown, knowing that. But Sasha can come and steal it for All Star 3 (assuming Ben dela Creme doesn't come back and own the hell out of everybody).
    Sasha got robbed twice. She should have won the Snatch game, her Marlene Dietrich was funnier that Alexis Michelle and her Madonna runway look was better too. She also should have won the Gayest Ball Ever because she did the best overall throughout the three runways even if her final look wasn't the strongest, why bother having three runways if you're basing the decision only on the last one?

Also, no offense to Peppermint but she likely made it to the finale so that they could give Valentina Miss Congeniality.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 06-12-2017 at 04:22 AM.

QUESTION: what are people's thought on trying to add black and brown to the rainbow flag?

I "get" why the movement exists, but this isn't how to go about it, since ultimately... it's meant to be a rainbow. There are so many other, far more meaningful ways to promote and aid inclusion. It just seems like a well meaning movement, but they picked the wrong thing to look to change. Thoughts?

Sasha got robbed twice. She should have won the Snatch game, her Marlene Dietrich was funnier that Alexis Michelle and her Madonna runway look was better too. She also should have won the Gayest Ball Ever because she did the best overall throughout the three runways even if her final look wasn't the strongest, why bother having three runways if you're basing the decision only on the last one?
    It's like... you're ME, and in my head!!! 100% agreed. Sasha's Snatch was funnier, and her three runaways were all gorgeous. I LOVED that house under her head. She was robbed, and she never had to lip sync AND she won the puppet challenge. From her iconic brow, to her bald head and her choices, she is just so much more unique than Shea. I think Shea's great and Trinity, but Sasha is more unique by a country mile.

Also, no offense to Peppermint but she likely made it to the finale so that they could give Valentina Miss Congeniality.
    I do think it was a cop-out choice... BUT at the same time, based on that challenge they couldn't send her home (but based on the series they couldn't send anyone else home over Peppermint).

[SIZE=3]
    It's like... you're ME, and in my head!!! 100% agreed. Sasha's Snatch was funnier, and her three runaways were all gorgeous. I LOVED that house under her head. She was robbed, and she never had to lip sync AND she won the puppet challenge. From her iconic brow, to her bald head and her choices, she is just so much more unique than Shea. I think Shea's great and Trinity, but Sasha is more unique by a country mile.

Ha ha, awesome! Yeah, I really like Sasha more that Shea and Trinity but I don't have faith she'll win. I'm still looking forward to the finale because I'm honestly not 100% sure who will win, I think it could be Trinity even though Shea seems to be the likelier winner.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

QUESTION: what are people's thought on trying to add black and brown to the rainbow flag?

I "get" why the movement exists, but this isn't how to go about it, since ultimately... it's meant to be a rainbow. There are so many other, far more meaningful ways to promote and aid inclusion. It just seems like a well meaning movement, but they picked the wrong thing to look to change. Thoughts?
    I understand the point, but it's a bit like the Abercrombie tweet that got people annoyed - Pride is about inclusiveness, but it's mainly about LGBT inclusiveness. It's already lost a lot of that message by adding so many letters that seem to mean the same thing but have some correlation to sexuality or sexual identity, so get lumped in (and I know many groups need representation; giving everyone a letter aides representation but doesnt always promote inclusiveness due to my belief that the more we group the more we make it easy to keep seperate) - adding race to that is both un-required and, frankly, feels like co-opting something that isn't about that particular issue.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

First time hearing about people wanting to add black and brown, in my opinion this seems like an American thing that wont get a foot in other countries, rainbow flag is an universal symbol of gay pride, it should no change because some groups in America feel oppresed.

Also Putting race, sexuality and gender under one flag will only confuse people even more and create more in group conflict.

Also there is no brown or black in a rainbow.

Ha ha, awesome! Yeah, I really like Sasha more that Shea and Trinity but I don't have faith she'll win. I'm still looking forward to the finale because I'm honestly not 100% sure who will win, I think it could be Trinity even though Shea seems to be the likelier winner.
    I'm firmly Team Sasha (ROBBED in the Gayest Ball Ever!!!) but I know Shea will take the crown. Shea got the most challenge wins and is the most well-rounded of the queens. If Shea does win, I won't be disappointed. I'll be disappointed if Peppermint wins.
    Last edited by nx01a; 06-12-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I think all three are strong, I think it's between Shea and Sasha, and on stats... yeah Shea wins. But Sasha was robbed in so many challenges

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm firmly Team Sasha (ROBBED in the Gayest Ball Ever!!!) but I know Shea will take the crown. Shea got the most challenge wins and is the most well-rounded of the queens. If Shea does win, I won't be disappointed. I'll be disappointed if Peppermint wins.
    Agreed, Peppermint is the only one who CAN'T win, it would be so wrong. I do think Shea will win, her stats are too good. Sasha for All Star 3 win!!! Imagine Sasha, Kim Chi, Adore, Chi Chi, Ben dela Creme, Trinity, Thorgy... EPIC! Oh... dream team All Star!

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I understand the point, but it's a bit like the Abercrombie tweet that got people annoyed - Pride is about inclusiveness, but it's mainly about LGBT inclusiveness. It's already lost a lot of that message by adding so many letters that seem to mean the same thing but have some correlation to sexuality or sexual identity, so get lumped in (and I know many groups need representation; giving everyone a letter aides representation but doesnt always promote inclusiveness due to my belief that the more we group the more we make it easy to keep seperate) - adding race to that is both un-required and, frankly, feels like co-opting something that isn't about that particular issue.
    Agreed on all points, that why I like the umbrella term LGBT+ because it covers everyone as a good umbrella term. Speak of... JK Rowling made a very interesting comment about the language used against Theresa May by "liberals" during/after the election. She was pointing out that if you are attacking May for her gender you are not the enlightened liberal you assume yourself to be (figurative you, obviously). Made me think of those who insist on maliciously using the Q word umbrella term, despite the fact it offends people. If you get off on attacking people with a homophobic term or enjoy using a homophobic term because you know others don't like it, as JK Rowling would say... how liberal are you... really?

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    First time hearing about people wanting to add black and brown, in my opinion this seems like an American thing that wont get a foot in other countries, rainbow flag is an universal symbol of gay pride, it should no change because some groups in America feel oppresed.
    I think the current suggestion stems from Canada, but it's been floating around before then.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Also there is no brown or black in a rainbow.
    Very true. Black is a shade? Or hue? I know I was taught this, but I forget. Was white the absence of colour, and black the absence of light? Or something like that???

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    hey firmly team Sasha here too! I was living for her unicorn! I'm cool if she doesn't win though - then we get to see more of her in All Stars 3 which I believe may be sooner than we think because the last one did so well. Yeah also voted for Valentina for Miss Congeniality but technically all queens were eligible so people could still have voted for Peppermint.

I'm happy to consider adding the black and brown shades to the flag. Don't know why people would have a problem with it and considering the astonishing amount of people in the lgbtiq community (well, to be honest mostly just gay men) who supported Trump in the last US election, being more racially inclusive is obviously very much needed.

Just wish we could include Asian lgbtiq people too but I don't know how to do that which isn't offensive. Actually in my country we have an organisation called black rainbow which covers indigenous lgbtiq Australians. Very interesting group. One of their biggest proponents is an ex nrl turned supermodel named Casey Conway if you're looking for someone to Google and you like looking at guys who are easy on the eye

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I'm happy to consider adding the black and brown shades to the flag. Don't know why people would have a problem with it and considering the astonishing amount of people in the lgbtiq community (well, to be honest mostly just gay men) who supported Trump in the last US election, being more racially inclusive is obviously very much needed.

Just wish we could include Asian lgbtiq people too but I don't know how to do that which isn't offensive. Actually in my country we have an organisation called black rainbow which covers indigenous lgbtiq Australians. Very interesting group. One of their biggest proponents is an ex nrl turned supermodel named Casey Conway if you're looking for someone to Google and you like looking at guys who are easy on the eye
    But isnt that a totally different issue?

Why add race to something that isnt about race?

Pride is about sexuality and sexual identity - those things transcend race, so why would you put it in the mix?

Absolutely racism needs stamping out, but adding racism to homophobia doesnt seem to be the right way to do it - it makes two very separate issues into one confusing lump of an issue
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

They're not really separate, tho.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

Again i dont think this should be a thing specially when we are talking about the gay community as a whole, i understand the different strugges minorties in America have to deal but the flag with the brown and black only speaks to americans or wharever first world country where non whites are a minority, it does not speaks for the outside the U.S, specially people from Latino America, Africa or Asia where their population might no experience the same kind of oppresion since for 1 most of those countries what would minorties in the U.S would be the majority in those country.

This flag talks more about race relations in the U.S than anything else.