Page 442 of 550 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Hmmm I really really didn't want /expect to be in a snippy back and forth with a fellow brown comic book reader. I honestly tend to only get along with/hook up with straight dudes.
    OK?

just goes to show how wonderfully diverse the world is when despite out minority in a minority status we do not see eye to eye. On the other hand it sort of makes me sad there's not a sense of unity within the community and makes it clear that belonging to the same fringe group only seems to connect white people.
    Nope. I feel perfectly integrated in my two distinct fringe groups from having chosen to be around people who accept me as I am. The gay community where I live is very diverse and we all have no trouble connecting with each others. And my sexuality isn't relevant to my pro-black activism tbh. No homophobia that have faced within the black community is different from the homophobia non-black gays face in their communities either and I've found enough tolerant black people for it not to be a problem anyway. So...

It's weird to me that for someone who claims to be this SJW would be sooooo against this issue.
    I'm not an SJW, as I've come to realize that most people this label applies to are more worried about virtue-signalling and drumming up a storm over nothing than doing anything concrete for the World.

I suspect it's going to make working around your all white coworkers and boas a little more unpleasant. And for that I'm sorry for you. ����
    This makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    OK?

Nope. I feel perfectly integrated in my two distinct fringe groups from having chosen to be around people who accept me as I am. The gay community where I live is very diverse and we all have no trouble connecting with each others. And my sexuality isn't relevant to my pro-black activism tbh. No homophobia that have faced within the black community is different from the homophobia non-black gays face in their communities either and I've found enough tolerant black people for it not to be a problem anyway. So...

must be nice living on an island with only 9,000 people on it. but unfortunately that sort of head in the sand idyllic experience doesn't apply to the majority of gays in the developed world.

must be nice living on an island with only 9,000 people on it. but unfortunately that sort of head in the sand idyllic experience doesn't apply to the majority of gays in the developed world.
    Yikes. Now that's a backwards comment.

I live in Paris.

I left the a french island (with 500.000 people by the way). So the gay community where I am is white majority. But francophone arab, black and asian gays people all come together here. Why do you think?

Yikes. Now that's a backwards comment.

I live in Paris.

I left the a french island (with 500.000 people by the way). So the gay community where I am is white majority. But francophone arab, black and asian gays people all come together here. Why do you think?
    The whine?
    Snotty attitude towards America?
    better clubs?
    No history of enslaving a whole race for 400 years then having laws that basically enslaved them for another 150 years?
    I don't know I can't speak on French gay minorities

The whine?
    Snotty attitude towards America?
    better clubs?
    No history of enslaving a whole race for 400 years then having laws that basically enslaved them for another 150 years?
    I don't know I can't speak on French gay minorities
    So you're gonna be a child this whole conversation, huh? OK.

Do I really need to explain to you how gay men live in the middle-east? In Africa? In the Caribbean? We come to Paris because we can actually escape homophobia and death here. Are you as willing to hold Morocco, Uganda, Jamaica, etc... responsible for their violence towards gays in the present as you are to hold America for slavery from centuries ago? Asking for a friend.

France has recognized that it committed a crime against humanity with slavery centuries ago. That's not to say that there's no racism here, but life is certainly more livable here for a gay man of color than it is in the countries I cited above.
    Last edited by Supernature; 06-16-2017 at 06:19 AM.

So you're gonna be a child this whole conversation, huh? OK.

Do I really need to explain to you how gay men live in the middle-east? In Africa? In the Caribbean? We come to Paris because we can actually escape homophobia and death here. Are you as willing to hold Morocco, Uganda, Jamaica, etc... responsible for their violence towards gays in the present as you are to hold America for slavery from centuries ago? Asking for a friend.
    I honestly can only respond with a sense of humor to the insanity you post. You seem to not be aware of how America really is. it's not a bad thing but it does lesson your credibility. I'm sure the countries you mentioned are nightmares to its gay citizens. But gor the most part theu have a nonwhite majority that offers some autonomy, while here in America esp the South where you I live theres no such thing on the level of those countries you mentioned You talk about fleeing to France to escape death for being gay, I have a double target on my back for being a back male and gay. Every interaction with the police is very calculated and nerve wracking so anytime there's a positive or at least nonviolent news about my rave I see it as a potential lifesaving event :/

I honestly can only respond with a sense of humor to the insanity you post. You seem to not be aware of how America really is. it's not a bad thing but it does lesson your credibility. I'm sure the countries you mentioned are nightmares to its gay citizens. But gor the most part theu have a nonwhite majority that offers some autonomy, while here in America esp the South where you I live theres no such thing on the level of those countries you mentioned You talk about fleeing to France to escape death for being gay, I have a double target on my back for being a back male and gay. Every interaction with the police is very calculated and nerve wracking so anytime there's a positive or at least nonviolent news about my rave I see it as a potential lifesaving event :/
    Black folks who live in the french suburbs also have their issues with the Police (we literally had protests against policemen who physically degraded a black man this year).
    Black men are harassed by the Police. Meanwhile Gay Pride is literally protected by policemen.

The problem you have here is the racism/brutality of the Police towards black people. Your sexuality doesn't factor in this issue.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    We put a lot of effort into Pride. And it's all volunteer work And it's important.

If it's not your cup of tea, don't go. But your urge to comment on it publicly shits on all the hard and important work we do to make sure we're not being erased from public perception. And that includes the queerest among us, who also tend to suffer the most violence and discrimination. If you don't feel a moral obligation to celebrate their braveness, that should be your own, private shame. You should not piss all over the efforts we make because you are worried about how people feel about LGBTQIA people who never, ever will appreciate us.
    And that's sort of the problem I have; I'm bisexual & I feel like, because I admitted I don't like Pride, I'm an enemy. I'm just one person; how do I undo everything because I admitted I don't like seeing half naked people gyrating?

So much for inclusion.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 06-16-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    And that's sort of the problem I have; I'm bisexual & I feel like, because I admitted I don't like Pride, I'm an enemy. I'm just one person; how do I undo everything because I admitted I don't like seeing half naked people gyrating?

So much for inclusion.
    I used to have similar sentiments toward the Amsterdam Pride Canal Parade when I was younger, JDogIndy. But, being an introvert, I ended up being drawn to the peripheral events, like lectures, expositions, film screenings. While disliking crowds, I walked through city centre during Pride and stopped to listen to the music being performed and had a blast. And then I finally realized it made sense for the Canal Parade to have an emphasis on sexuality; that's what we're celebrating after all, for many it's the only occasion in the year to unwind so openly-- something that heterosexuals take for granted, as straight sexuality is ubiquitous in the public space: in the media, on the billboards. The Pride celebrations are as much about celebrating our own sexuality as they are about holding up a mirror to society as a whole. And the vibe is always terrific.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

And without wanting to pick a side, I'm rather fascinated by the discussion between Supernature and S.k.i.d. in both this thread as well as the Minorities thread.

No easy topic, that's for certain. I myself am Asian/Caribbean bisexual.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    And without wanting to pick a side, I'm rather fascinated by the discussion between Supernature and S.k.i.d. in both this thread as well as the Minorities thread.

No easy topic, that's for certain. I myself am Asian/Caribbean bisexual.
    surprise surprise a bisexual doesn't want to pick a side....
    TOTALLY kidding btw.
    Asian/Caribbean bisexual man that's an interesting mix.
    To be vain: what fascinates you about our convo??

I think it's par the course and rathercliché for the 2 of us to butt heads. It''s the same when when I meet another gay dude who mostly hangs out with straight guys or another black dude who hangs out with mostly white people. I don't know if it's cause so used to being the exception to the straight/white people's rule that we have to reassert our distance when we encounter similar people or if it's jealousy but I'd rather not be on the angry minority display. lol

again I was totally kidding with my opening joke

I think it's par the course and rathercliché for the 2 of us to butt heads. It''s the same when when I meet another gay dude who mostly hangs out with straight guys or another black dude who hangs out with mostly white people. I don't know if it's cause so used to being the exception to the straight/white people's rule that we have to reassert our distance when we encounter similar people or if it's jealousy but I'd rather not be on the angry minority display. lol
    I kinda have heard of that situation before, in school we had a white dude that got bully by other white and brown (this take place in South America) students so he tended to hang out with girls more often, the point here is that sometimes the communities we think we belong wont accept the way we are so we have to move to others to feel accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

So much for inclusion.
    hmm - it's a tricky issue, to be sure. i dislike the pride conception for my own personal reasons. but i would argue that maybe you feel like an enemy more than anybody actually perceives you that way? i don't mean to assume that, tho. if anybody has been nasty to you for it, that is certainly uncool.

but yah - in the LGBTQ+ community where i live, i'm pretty unpopular. i have a lot of beliefs about being who i am & my sexuality that don't quite fit the established narrative. i do find this frustrating. if we're all about 'inclusivity', we should be inclusive to queer voices like mine or yours, even if our views are unpopular. i mean, its not like what i think is hateful or anything. its just ... non-conformist & unusual ...

BANNED

The Pride organizations I have been involved been have been getting a lot better about including more than just the G and the L in recent years. The only real exclusions efforts I have seen are against "Gay for Trump" like groups (or gay Tory or LePen or AfD voters in Europe from what I hear). If you are actively working against the good of the community, you don't get to party with us. And I don't see a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by poorzero View Post
    hmm - it's a tricky issue, to be sure. i dislike the pride conception for my own personal reasons. but i would argue that maybe you feel like an enemy more than anybody actually perceives you that way? i don't mean to assume that, tho. if anybody has been nasty to you for it, that is certainly uncool.

but yah - in the LGBTQ+ community where i live, i'm pretty unpopular. i have a lot of beliefs about being who i am & my sexuality that don't quite fit the established narrative. i do find this frustrating. if we're all about 'inclusivity', we should be inclusive to queer voices like mine or yours, even if our views are unpopular. i mean, its not like what i think is hateful or anything. its just ... non-conformist & unusual ...
    All LGBT+ voices matter to some degree (even the terrible ones like Milo) and always spouting the same thing would be dull, and I get not finding Pride always inclusive. It's not, and while by-and-large they do a good job, it's still very much the whim of those organizing it, who allow their personal views to dictate far too much (BUT for 90% of those at Pride, we don't see that, so it's not a deal breaker). And I think that's sound advice to JDogindy about feeling "more an enemy than is true", we all do that, think others' find issues much bigger than they are.

P.S. but gosh darn it I hate that Q word, and really wish people didn't use such an offensive homophobic word so casually. It's REALLY offensive to some LGBT+ posters.

Apparently it only represent white gays.

Better add a stripe for lesbians too!
    HA! Ohhhh snap!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."