Page 445 of 550 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 8245
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Because "taking back a word" is supremely empowering.

And I feel I should remind you that this current discussion about "the Q word" did not start because someone was enforcing it upon another. A singular poster asked that no one use it at all.
    Quoted for truth.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    Ah Square one, how we do love thee
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Ah Square one, how we do love thee
    Square one is working past the offensiveness of a word?

Gee...

When it come to politics, we used to have a Lesbian minister of education in my country, but she had to step down of her position because of a controversy about implementing some kind of guides for teachers about gender identity and students, at some point this caused a lot of parent to protest all around the country asking for her resignation because they tought she wanted to "implement homosexuality" in school, while false she was awful at dealing with the situation and the president had to come to help her and the guides were never implemented, there is also the thing that she was campaigning in favour of signing a peace treaty with a terrorist group that my country had and her side lost at the voting (dont worry, there was a second voting and now that terror group just gave up their weapons), but the damage was done and she resigned of her position.

Now she is running for president with the help of the green party, before she used be in a center right party named after our last president.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    When it come to politics, we used to have a Lesbian minister of education in my country, but she had to step down of her position because of a controversy about implementing some kind of guides for teachers about gender identity and students, at some point this caused a lot of parent to protest all around the country asking for her resignation because they tought she wanted to "implement homosexuality" in school, while false she was awful at dealing with the situation and the president had to come to help her and the guides were never implemented, there is also the thing that she was campaigning in favour of signing a peace treaty with a terrorist group that my country had and her side lost at the voting (dont worry, there was a second voting and now that terror group just gave up their weapons), but the damage was done and she resigned of her position.

Now she is running for president with the help of the green party, before she used be in a center right party named after our last president.
    Since I am the only woman here, is this post somehow directed at me?

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post

I forget mojo, which country are you from, so I can add it to the list of politicians. Totally fine if you don't want to say, though.

P.S. I don't know if I mentioned this, but everytime I see you post I always think of Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls, and that makes me smile.

Huh? I'm confused. How is talking about what openly LGBT+ politicians exist in each country... a reference to you specifically??? Did I miss something?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Huh? I'm confused. How is talking about what openly LGBT+ politicians exist in each country... a reference to you specifically??? Did I miss something?
    I asked if it was for me, because it was specifically about a lesbian and I am usually the only one around here.

That is all. Lol.

It's seen as a "catch all" term for someone you know isn't heterosexual, but you don't know SPECIFICALLY what they are. Why everyone can't use LGBT+ is beyond me? Unlike the Q word, that doesn't offend people and was never used as a homophobic slur.
    just to, again, offer my perspective ... i fit so many of the letters in LGBT+ that i like using 'q' to describe myself because it cuts down on that whole acronym business, is easy & fun to say, and as i said earlier, 'reclaims' something which was used to hurt me a lot of my life. more importantly, it cuts down on explain time. i'm very obviously what/who i am. people in public want me to answer all their questions constantly ... not always my favoured thing to do. thats why i like my Q. its like 'mutie' in the X-MEN.
    this is just to answer your question why i can't just use it. obviously i could, and whether or not i should is simply a matter of opinion. i am just offering my personal answer to your question, and i hope it offers some insight
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN / PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN / BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER / RENEW YOUR VOWS / SPIDER-MAN / SPIDER-GWEN / VENOM / GWENPOOL, THE UNBELIEVABLE / X-MEN GOLD / X-MEN BLUE / ASTONISHING X-MEN / GENERATION X / WEAPON X / JEAN GREY / ICEMAN / ALL-NEW WOLVERINE / OLD MAN LOGAN / CABLE / ARCHIE / BETTY & VERONICA / JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS / JUGHEAD / RIVERDALE / SABRINA

🖤🖤 read my MARVEL fan fiction 🖤🖤 read my weekly MARVEL reviews 🖤🖤

I asked if it was for me, because it was specifically about a lesbian and I am usually the only one around here.
    That is all. Lol.
    In the nicest possible way (and I love you being around) but I hope we talk about lesbians (and all the spectrum) a goodly amount here, regardless i.e. I'd hate to think anyone was under the impression we never mentioned lesbian here, and then when you (or another lesbian poster) come along with a comment our reaction is "sh*t, better say something about a lesbian, quick." We love our lesbian sisters. Not just the ones who post, nor just when they post.

Quote Originally Posted by poorzero View Post
    just to, again, offer my perspective ... i fit so many of the letters in LGBT+ that i like using 'q' to describe myself because it cuts down on that whole acronym business, is easy & fun to say, and as i said earlier, 'reclaims' something which was used to hurt me a lot of my life. more importantly, it cuts down on explain time. i'm very obviously what/who i am. people in public want me to answer all their questions constantly ... not always my favoured thing to do. thats why i like my Q. its like 'mutie' in the X-MEN.
    this is just to answer your question why i can't just use it. obviously i could, and whether or not i should is simply a matter of opinion. i am just offering my personal answer to your question, and i hope it offers some insight
    Ahhhh now that... THAT I can understand, since the answer for you isn't as simple as one of the letters. Can I ask, do people not ask a follow up question, that requires you to explain it anyway? I know my friend who just came out as poly can't mention that and NOT get a follow-up from someone. Thank-you for talking about this though, it's a very enlightening way of finding a possible middle ground.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-19-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

DC's LGBT characters all in one drawing! I don't know who drew it but it looks really cool!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    In the nicest possible way (and I love you being around) but I hope we talk about lesbians (and all the spectrum) a goodly amount here, regardless i.e. I'd hate to think anyone was under the impression we never mentioned lesbian here, and then when you (or another lesbian poster) come along with a comment our reaction is "sh*t, better say something about a lesbian, quick." We love our lesbian sisters. Not just the ones who post, nor just when they post.
    Oh I am a lot more concerned about how lesbians and women in general, are discussed in other threads than in here.

Quote Originally Posted by poorzero View Post
    Yes. 🐱

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

DC's LGBT characters all in one drawing! I don't know who drew it but it looks really cool!!
    😺
    Last edited by Sugar Spun Sorceress; 06-19-2017 at 06:19 PM.

The signature says Luciano Vecchio. Google Image Search says it's inspired by the Love Is Love anthology.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Unless you are secretly the candidate from my South American country I doubt it, lol.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 06-19-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Also Kieran, we are 9 months away before the elections in my country and early the polls are showing that she is fifth place, if she wins i will tell you to add her in the meantime lets just wait.

Also the main reason my ex-minister of education wanted teachers to know how to deal with LGBT students was that months before she launched that initiative, a gay teenager killed himself in a mall because he could not stand all the bullying he was suffering.

That makes me sad because it hits me close to home, i used to being bully too but my dad and mom always told me to fight back and fight back i did, this caused me some trouble but at least i wasn`t bully anymore, hell the last fight i had got bloody and i was not the one who was bleeding.