Page 46 of 550 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146546 ... LastLast
    22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

I like the idea that people inclined to same-sex relationships' biological purpose (if, y'know, there is one) was to be a population check. Too many people, evolution ups the number of gays and bisexuals in the world so that the number of new children drops down a bit.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    I like the idea that people inclined to same-sex relationships' biological purpose (if, y'know, there is one) was to be a population check. Too many people, evolution ups the number of gays and bisexuals in the world so that the number of new children drops down a bit.
    It's an interesting idea. Personally, I like the "hey, that might be nice" motivation.

I can't imagine two or three dogs in a backyard are that concerned with population growth.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Again, this is why LGBT apparently do have to make a big deal about coming out since everyone seems to easily forget it and then assume since they don't remember it that it isn't important.
    Attachment 6420
    It's so frustrating; because either way the same people will object. Whether they make a big deal of coming out or not.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Claremont used Contest of Champions 2 to do a montage of fantasy couples, where Cap spars with Sharon, Storm hangs arm in arm with Yukio, Kitty is with her soulmate (which totally trumps "first boyfriend"), and Black Panther goes hunting with the big guy from Priest's run, who I think was named Zuri. No effort is made to obscure Storm or Kitty being in romantic scenarios.

Storm's also got the stabby Morlock too, at least while she had tentacled, right)
    Wait. By the same implication, was Claremont implying T'Challa was gay???

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Claremont queers everyone. Except Lindsay McCabe, who he turned from bi to drunk.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Claremont queers everyone. Except Lindsay McCabe, who he turned from bi to drunk.

BANNED

I've always said that there is no one explanation for sexuality. Some are born, some are made, reasons vary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I've always said that there is no one explanation for sexuality. Some are born, some are made, reasons vary.
    Everything has an explanation, a reason

be it nature or nature or choice or some other factor

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    HAHA! So Claremont's story isn't canon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Everything has an explanation, a reason

be it nature or nature or choice or some other factor
    Arvandor didn't say there are NO reasons, just that there is no SINGLE reason.

I don't think evolution works like this. Also -- isn't the main thrust of the theory of evolution/natural selection about the survival of the species? That means more reproduction, not less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tacobongo View Post
    Arvandor didn't say there are NO reasons, just that there is no SINGLE reason.
    that I agree with completely

Someone in the Constantine thread just expressed shock Mystique was LGBT. "Since when?" LOL
    This shouldn't surprise me, but it does. It's not just subtext, writers were finally able to explicitly write that Mystique and Destiny were a couple!

Agreed. Storm's relationship with Yukio hasn't been referenced in years, doesn't mean it wasn't important.
    It always gets me when people say Storm abosolutely positively beyond a shadow of a doubt cannot be bi,because it wasn't explicitly said she had a sexual relationship with Yukio. It'was what, 1984 or so when those issues came out? Claremont wasn't allowed to say explicitly that ANYONE was LGBT!
    It doesn't bother me when people personally don't read that relationship as sexual, just when they act like others are crazy and/or delusional for reading that it was.

BANNED

I think we were actually more useful than that from an evolutionary standpoint.

If a certain percentage of a tribe's men are attracted to the butch hunters while also being more inclined towards the arts and culture, that improved the cohesion of the tribe, which in turn improve that entire gene pool's chances of survival.

Do you think the average creator of cave paintings were straight? They were the Caravaggios and Michelangelos of their days. They gave the rest of the tribe something to fight for.

What if the cave painters were women?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

I am sure it works as well to explain lesbians.