Page 464 of 550 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So we should just use the whole alphabet.
    I think people should be able to use as many letters of the alphabet to define their identity as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Dynasty's Gordon Thomson comes out at 72.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/im-gay-...hes-cws-reboot
    Happy for him!
    Every so often I watch random clips of Alexis being bitchy. I love it.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I think people should be able to use as many letters of the alphabet to define their identity as they see fit.
    That's cool. I particularly like "H" for human, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post

All right. But if it's more than four letters, don't expect people to remember it.

Does anyone actually use "LGBT..." as an identifier?

Seems like too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

I did but i have only used one time when the guy i was dating and i were talking about ourselves and i said i was a religious lgbt person.

BANNED

I'm not lesbian, bisexual, or trans...so no, using that as a personal identifier would be silly.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

One of the most heinous hate crimes I read about.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b05063fe0e7183

Incredible Member

It's too bad that QUILTBAG didn't catch on - it's easier to say "I'm a QUILTBAG" (Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender/Transsexual, Bisexual, Allied/Asexual, Gay/Genderqueer).
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Dynasty's Gordon Thomson comes out at 72.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/im-gay-...hes-cws-reboot

My teenage self would have been ecstatic. Stephen Carringtom may have been in and out the closet on Dynasty but I always thought the homophobic brother Adam was a little Q****. Quite a good interview - tough being gay in the 80's with the AIDS Crisis. Dynasty danced around the gay issue haphazardly and it's shocking that an actor, in what would have been a liberal environment, did not feel comfortable enough to come out EVEN to his colleagues.

Oh and that popping cork motif was sooo saucy

Yay! Good for Gordon.

He was very, very good looking back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    All right. But if it's more than four letters, don't expect people to remember it.
    I don't expect much from people, anyway, so that's not a problem.

I use the variant "LGBT+" or "LGBTQ+" when I'm talking about the entire community with friends, though I do occasionally use queer with those friends as well, since I know they are cool with it.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Whatever happened to Kieran? Did he get banned, or did he take a job with the Theresy May government and can't post from work anymore?

If this has come up, I didn't see it mentioned...

https://moviepilot.com/p/jigsaw-call...-drive/4378357

'Jigsaw' Calls Attention To LGBTQ Discrimination With Annual Blood Drive Campaign

Old traditions are quickly returning just in time for the release of the eighth installment of the Saw franchise. In addition to the gruesome (and intriguing) first trailer we received this summer along several new posters, Lionsgate is bringing back an impactful event that all longtime fans of the series will remember: the Saw blood drives.

During the #Saw blood drives, fans are encouraged to donate blood in their local cities to raise awareness of the importance of being a donor while advertising the #horror franchise's latest installment and creating opportunities for donors to win free tickets and prizes.

The release of Jigsaw this Halloween is no different, as the film's producers will be giving away free tickets to any fan who donates at any of the sponsored blood donation mobiles around the United States. The Jigsaw Blood Drive is accepting all blood types and they're not-so-subtly using this year's campaign to call attention to a social issue that is just as important.

In addition to offering free movie tickets to fans to donate, the 2017 Jigsaw Blood Drive is being used as a vessel to raise awareness to the fact that homosexual men are still often restricted from donating blood. Despite a slight policy change by the FDA in 2015, you're still unable to donate blood if you've had any same-sex sexual contact within a year of donating. The campaign features the message "All Types Welcome" to encourage acceptance of homosexual blood donors and hopefully influence further change in the FDA's policies. In addition to an inclusive campaign slogan, some of the nurses (a.k.a., models) chosen for the campaign belong to the LGBTQ community, including transgender nightlife icon Amanda Lepore and openly gay model Shaun Ross.

Seeing producer Mark Burg and Lionsgate's chief brand officer Tim Palen dedicate the Jigsaw marketing campaign to such an important (and overlooked) policy is pretty awesome. Not only does it successfully call awareness to an issue that a lot of people might not know about, but it is further expanding the diversity of different lifestyles and cultures within the horror genre. Plus, it successfully brings attention back to an event that has managed to bring in 120,000 pints of blood and save over 360,000 lives.

Being inclusive and fighting for social issues isn't necessarily a new thing for the Saw franchise. Back in Saw VI, the film's title character of Jigsaw set up a game to challenge unfair insurance policies enacted by faceless corporations. Saw 3D: The Final Chapter challenged sensitive topics such as racism and fraudulent fame. There's no telling what modern issues Jigsaw will tackle, but with a campaign like this leading into the film's release, we might see something we're not expecting.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Whatever happened to Kieran? Did he get banned, or did he take a job with the Theresy May government and can't post from work anymore?
    LOL. I'm pretty sure he's just really busy these days. I remember him saying months ago saying he would be busy working while travelling and wouldn't be on here much for a while.

I would love to donate blood. I have the rare blood type that is useful for anyone and they're always asking for more donations but I can't because of some old fashioned laws.

Still, it's hard enough getting marriage equality so I don't think we will be able to change that one anytime soon

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I would love to donate blood. I have the rare blood type that is useful for anyone and they're always asking for more donations but I can't because of some old fashioned laws.

Still, it's hard enough getting marriage equality so I don't think we will be able to change that one anytime soon
    I have 0+, so anyone but 0- could take it in a pinch. Alas.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.