Page 465 of 550 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    I have 0+, so anyone but 0- could take it in a pinch. Alas.
    Type 0 blood is the Universal Donor type.

Type AB is the Universal Recipient.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Type 0 blood is the Universal Donor type.

Type AB is the Universal Recipient.
    I get the feeling you're not aware of the importance of the rhesus factor.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

0- is what I have which is the one that can be used on anyone.

But everyone who can should donate blood. I use to really like doing it actually. It was my good deed for the day

I get the feeling you're not aware of the importance of the rhesus factor.
    Uhh, not true at all. I am. "Rh" or Rheuses Factor, named after Rheuses Monkeys, is what people call plus or minus. Everyone has a "positive" or "negative" Rh. These must be matched or hemolytic transfusion reactions can occur.

However, my above statement still stands as what the types are called!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-30-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Incredible Member

Uhh, not true at all. I am. "Rh" or Rheuses Factor, named after Rheuses Monkeys, is what people call plus or minus. Everyone has a "positive" or "negative" Rh. These must be matched or hemolytic transfusion reactions can occur.

However, my above statement still stands as what the types are called!
    Well, then why quote me and neglect the rhesus (note the spelling, by the way) factor in your listing? Universal donor is 0-. Universal recipient is AB+.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Well, then why quote me and neglect the rhesus (note the spelling, by the way) factor in your listing? Universal donor is 0-. Universal recipient is AB+.
    Well, I was quoting you to agree with you and add on to what you stated.

But obviously, even here, on LGBTQIA, you want to argue and cause dissention. Carry on, then, but without me!

Peace Out.

Incredible Member

Well, I was quoting you to agree with you and add on to what you stated.
    Seemed possible but improbable since, again, you dropped the crucial part of my point. Felt more like an inaccurate correction.

But obviously, even here, on LGBTQIA, you want to argue and cause dissention. Carry on, then, but without me!

Peace Out.
    *eyes rolling so hard they're approaching the speed of light*

Shirley just a bloody misunderstanding?

This conversation did not need to get so personal. It was just about blood types.

Hey did anyone else see the six minute preview for the Gifted? It looks pretty good and it seems to have some interesting themes for gay people who have to get away from their families

Hey, guys! I know it's been a while since I last post here. Just wanted to post the link to my recent Kickstarter for Vol 2! It's been doing really well thus far within it's first week and drawing closer to the goal. People who missed out on the first one can pledge for a copy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...pider-volume-2

Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    This conversation did not need to get so personal. It was just about blood types.

Hey did anyone else see the six minute preview for the Gifted? It looks pretty good and it seems to have some interesting themes for gay people who have to get away from their families
    I saw how there's 0 black people in it except for the underground. Which is problematic
    GrindrStone(D)

About 5 years ago I went with a group of friends to give blood. Answered the questionnaire honestly and shortly after I was told I was not allowed to give blood...I was horrified.

But the good news, if I abstained from sex with another man for 1 year, they would be able to take my blood...Seriously!?!

Still pissed to this day over it.

Anyways, I came in here looking to see if anyone had a similar story...

Today I was informed that 2 of my friends who I have known for 10+ years do not support marriage equality because "the bible says...". All the years I have known them, they knew I was gay and have never acted or made aware they had any issues with it whatsoever. So I was in complete shock when I learned this. Apparently they had mentioned it to a mutual friend after another gay couple they knew had expressed an interest in getting married. The mutual friend of course told me, with the same disbelief.

I honestly do not know if I can, or even want to, maintain a friendship with someone who believes I don't deserve the same rights as they do. I feel like I would be betraying myself, my boyfriend, and the life we have built together.

I am very conflicted because these are people I consider good friends. Hoping maybe an outsider's opinion might help me get out of this fog.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

I'm so sorry to hear that. We're going though a public debate about it now and I'm afraid to say people I know, work with, and have been friends with, have said they will vote no or simply don't care enough to vote.

I've been doing phone banks and I'm afraid the official line from people who do this for a living is don't try and convince no voters. They're always going to vote no. There's nothing you can do about it and it's up to you whether you want to continue a friendship with people like that.

Focus on people who support you and people who don't know about the topic. Speak honestly and try your best not to insult anyone because that doesn't help anything

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that. We're going though a public debate about it now and I'm afraid to say people I know, work with, and have been friends with, have said they will vote no or simply don't care enough to vote.

I've been doing phone banks and I'm afraid the official line from people who do this for a living is don't try and convince no voters. They're always going to vote no. There's nothing you can do about it and it's up to you whether you want to continue a friendship with people like that.

Focus on people who support you and people who don't know about the topic. Speak honestly and try your best not to insult anyone because that doesn't help anything
    Thanks for the feedback! I have been discussing it with the mutual friend and we both agree they don't realize the full extent of what they are saying. These are friends I have been through big life events with....graduations, marriages, etc. I know they consider me & my boyfriend good friends, as we do them. This is confusing the hell out of me!

I plan to bring it up casually in the near future and hopefully open their minds and see the "bigger picture". I have nothing against people who have religion, but admittedly I am not too fond of people who use it as an excuse to put others down or use it as a weapon.

Believe it or not, there are some people who have no other issue with homosexuals. They just can't quite wrap their heads around the idea of a man marrying another man. So we should not treat them the same way we would treat those who would execute anyone committing a homosexual act. These people are not the enemy. They can be gently brought around. It's just going to take time, because we may have to do it one person at a time.