Page 467 of 550 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I am currently reading this book, Queer City, which is a history of gay London from the Romans to the present day.

Makes me realise that I've led a very sheltered life!

https://www.amazon.com/Queer-City-Lo...rds=Queer+city

Wasnt roman/greek homosexuality something more hedonistic? Like it didnt matter if you got pleasure from a man or a woman, what matter is the pleasure you obtain from that.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    My library actually has a wall-like thing decorated with about 20-25 people who've made contributions to the LGBT community. They had pictures hung up, but behind their pictures were biographies. It sucked because I only recognized about 3 or so people by face, but once I flipped over the pictures and saw the names, I realized who they were. Marsha and Sylvia had pictures.

It was just really nice to see tribute being paid to all of those people. Not to mention the fact that there were no disrespectful/bigoted people complaining about the display.

That looks incredibly interesting. I've always wondered what life was like for LGBTQ+ folks in ancient history. I only know the bare bones of views on homosexuality in Ancient Rome, so a book that streamlines those, is definitely going to be something that I buy.

Like I don't want to be the person that assumes that he hates himself if he is marrying a white supremacist, but he probably hates himself if he is marrying a white supremacist. I just can't imagine ever dating (let alone marrying) a guy who I know is a racist, sexist, misogynist, etc.

I want to say to each his own, but I just can't let **** like this go. Either way, I feel bad for the guy.
    I'd say Milo himself is quite self hating as well. He's said many things degrading about gay men in general ( as well as lesbians). It's ironic to me that he even thinks he has the right to marry another man.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'd say Milo himself is quite self hating as well. He's said many things degrading about gay men in general ( as well as lesbians). It's ironic to me that he even thinks he has the right to marry another man.
    It woulndt be the first time we see s gay conservative, specially in this thread.

I just don't get gay conservatives. There's one in my country called Tim Wilson who is so excited that straight people get to decide if we can get married or not because he doesn't want to be the odd one out with his mates.

That said though I don't really get conservatives at all

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Wasnt roman/greek homosexuality something more hedonistic? Like it didnt matter if you got pleasure from a man or a woman, what matter is the pleasure you obtain from that.
    Pederasty was tolerated, even encouraged sometimes. (especially in Greece)

Concerning the other forms of homosexuality, it's a more complex case i would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I just don't get gay conservatives. There's one in my country called Tim Wilson who is so excited that straight people get to decide if we can get married or not because he doesn't want to be the odd one out with his mates.

That said though I don't really get conservatives at all
    Next time Kieran is here you can ask him about tue subject, he is more open of his political alligment.

Invincible Member

It woulndt be the first time we see s gay conservative, specially in this thread.
    Being conservative is one thing, but when you're saying that gay people shouldn't be trusted, saying that while you're out other gay folks should go back in the closet, and that it's a degenerate lifestyle...that's quite another.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Being conservative is one thing, but when you're saying that gay people shouldn't be trusted, saying that while you're out other gay folks should go back in the closet, and that it's a degenerate lifestyle...that's quite another.
    That seems to be Milo opinion from his experience since he had also admitted to live "a degenerate lifestyle", is what he is saying wrong? Sure, to me his opinion seem to come from a low self esteem point of view.

Is anyone planning on seeing Professor Marston and the Wonder Women? It's pretty cool as far as LGBTQ+-ness and non-monogamous relationships goes. The lead actor is openly gay and three of the lead characters are in a poly-amorous relationship that, according to some reviews, is not sensationalized, or treated as titillating. And, of course, all three were responsible for the creation of Wonder Woman.

I'm going to matinee it, because I'm broke, but I definitely want to give it a watch. I hope it will lead to more poly-amorous relationships depicted on screen.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Is anyone planning on seeing Professor Marston and the Wonder Women? It's pretty cool as far as LGBTQ+-ness and non-monogamous relationships goes. The lead actor is openly gay and three of the lead characters are in a poly-amorous relationship that, according to some reviews, is not sensationalized, or treated as titillating. And, of course, all three were responsible for the creation of Wonder Woman.

I'm going to matinee it, because I'm broke, but I definitely want to give it a watch. I hope it will lead to more poly-amorous relationships depicted on screen.
    I don't want to start any drama but I feel compelled to chime in and say that calling Luke Evans openly gay is a stretch. He's glass-closeted at best.

A nazi is not a conservative. Conservatives in any country but the US would be very upset at you for saying so.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I don't want to start any drama but I feel compelled to chime in and say that calling Luke Evans openly gay is a stretch. He's glass-closeted at best.
    I would hardly call this a place where drama is started lol As far as Luke goes, well, he's complicated. He was very open way back when he was in London, but then he retreated back into the closet when he started to appear in movies. ( Publicists and industry-like people probably suggested he do that to be more "marketable". To really sell it, I believe he ended up getting into a relationship with a woman) Then after that whole debacle he took a "my private life is my private life" stance, which I personally am not fond of, but I can understand why he may be that way. I think a few interviewers ask him what it's like to be a gay guy doing okay for himself in Hollywood movies, and he says that it's cool that he is able to be who he is and do what he does [acting]. He avoids saying gay at all, and publicists tell interviewers not to ask about him being gay, so there's also that.

Glass-closeted does seem appropriate, I suppose, but I have a problem with accepting that term in this case. Yeah, it does suck that he feels like he is not entitled to talk about dating or a significant other like straight people and other LGBTQ+ folks do, choosing to relegate that to his "private life". However, I'm assuming that he's open with his friends and family, living his life. Hopefully, one day he'll be comfortable being more open during interviews. Hopefully, he's not still trying to downplay his "gay-ness" in order to make it in Hollywood.

Obviously I have a lot of feelings about this lol

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    A nazi is not a conservative. Conservatives in any country but the US would be very upset at you for saying so.
    This is the thing, i dont think Milo is a white nationalist, he sure is veil and childish but a white nationalist, nah.

I want to see for the non monogamous relation and how they portray it in the 30 setting.

Invincible Member

That seems to be Milo opinion from his experience since he had also admitted to live "a degenerate lifestyle", is what he is saying wrong? Sure, to me his opinion seem to come from a low self esteem point of view.
    The problem is that he'll frame it in a way that seems like he thinks being gay in of itself degenerate rather than his partying.