Page 480 of 550 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 8245
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While there is no knowing for certain, Curtis was a sort of particular case. It's not like stardom was the only thing in play.
    As someone who's had 3 suicides in his family, there rarely is an "only thing" when it comes to suicide. Mental health is always complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    As someone who's had 3 suicides in his family, there rarely is an "only thing" when it comes to suicide. Mental health is always complicated.
    Sure.

Curtis just had another very "Right There In Plain Sight" component in addition to stardom that could have played a role in how he died.

Holy crap, i am sorry to hear that man, but you are right, my mom was a psycologist, she explained to me once how suicidal tendencies start and that they can start at very young age and can be cause for the kind of interaction that person had with their enviorement and how prolongued the interaction with that unhealthy enviorement was.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Holy crap, i am sorry to hear that man, but you are right, my mom was a psycologist, she explained to me once how suicidal tendencies start and that they can start at very young age and can be cause for the kind of interaction that person had with their enviorement and how prolongued the interaction with that unhealthy enviorement was.
    The ones in my family were spread out over 3 generations. Hereditary bipolar disorder played a big role with my uncle. With his uncle, it was more war trauma one thinks. Don't know anything about the one 2 generations back, just that it happened.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 12-10-2017 at 01:06 AM.

The ones in my family were spread out over 3 generations. Hereditary bipolar disorder played a big role with my uncle. With his uncle, it was more war trauma one thinks.
    crap, that sound horrible, take good care of that boyfriend of yours with depression, hope that he is feeling better, nobody should suffer a tragedy like the ones you desribed.

BANNED

Nevermind...

BANNED

I don't quite know how to label the feelings I've felt for quite a while now.

I have suicidal thoughts. Sometimes I think about my life situations, and feel like I want to die. I have many day-dreams and dreams about killing myself in various ways. Often, as well, I think about the people in my life and how they would be affected by me killing myself, and I feel selfish.

I was severely depressed for a time, and these thoughts occurred more frequently. I drowned my sorrows in alcohol and drugs, and made one attempt at OD'ing on pain meds. I don't consider myself to be depressed anymore, but I can't help the thoughts that come to my mind sometimes.

And this is the first time I've really told anyone this.

BANNED

That's okay. That's what this thread is for.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 03-07-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I had to Google what you meant. Thought it was some sort of toy
    Lol oh no. Unless you mean toys for fun not...the other kind of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    As of today on Dutch railway stations, the phrasing in the public announcements has been changed to address travellers as "Dear travellers" (Beste reizigers), replacing "Ladies and gentlemen" (Dames en heren).
    That's cool! Little bits of change, just sprinkled here or there. Can't wait to go to the Netherlands.

Do you have any actual numbers for that claim?
    Maybe this article might have more for you https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/artic...ars-keep-dying

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post

I have suicidal thoughts. Sometimes I think about my life situations, and feel like I want to die. I have many day-dreams and dreams about killing myself in various ways. Often, as well, I think about the people in my life and how they would be affected by me killing myself, and I feel selfish.

I was severely depressed for a time, and these thoughts occurred more frequently. I drowned my sorrows in alcohol and drugs, and made one attempt at OD'ing on pain meds. I don't consider myself to be depressed anymore, but I can't help the thoughts that come to my mind sometimes.

Thank you for telling us. I hate to say it, but it's way more common than you think to have thoughts like that. Especially in our community. Please don't go because we would miss you and someone somewhere would miss you too.

Have you talked to a gp? Sometimes you can get referred to a psychologist with a doctor's approval where you can get free sessions and they really help. I talked to someone last year and it helped heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post

My boyfriend has been plagued by thoughts like that for a couple of years, and he finds that antidepressants work better than alcohol. I'm trying to get him to also seek therapy, but for some reason he is shy about that.

My boyfriend has been plagued by thoughts like that for a couple of years, and he finds that antidepressants work better than alcohol. I'm trying to get him to also seek therapy, but for some reason he is shy about that.
    In the UK we have a service called The Samaritans, where you can phone up anonymously and speak to somebody who is trained to deal with the various scenarios which might arise.

Do you have something like that?

Your bf may me more comfortable speaking to somebody in this way.

It would be good if he (and you) could get some help.

BANNED

I don't have mood swings, and I don't feel "down" very often. Plus I..." borrowed" some pills from a friend once, and I didn't like how they made me feel (of course, different antidepressants are prescribed for different reasons).

I, too, feel "shy" about talking about this matter (at least to a person, face-to-face), but I don't have a history of abuse or mental trauma to try to work past. I've made quite a few bad decisions in my life (earlier drug abuse, career path, alienating family, etc) , and sometimes it just feels easier if I could just let it all go.

Idk. Maybe I need help. Maybe I don't. Just wanted to add my perspective to the discussion about suicide and depression. It's a really complicated set of issues, and I think it bothers me when people try to pinpoint things down to a singular factor. It feels more like them trying to get an answer for themselves.

Wanna talk about it? what is bothering him? Family, social pression, politics?

So this one gets a quick mention...

https://www.cbr.com/exit-stage-left-...R-TW&view=list

DC’s Gay Playwright Snagglepuss is the First Must-Read Comic of 2018

I literally can't wait to read that. It's been so long since I bought a comic