Page 482 of 550 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 8245
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    spoilers:
    Ok, and of all those characters Rose did kiss Finn and said that they'll win by "saving what they love" right after she just saved him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There isn't the slightest indication that this is requited though. We'll just have to wait and see.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    spoilers:
    There isn't the slightest indication that this is requited though. We'll just have to wait and see.
    end of spoilers
    I definitely don't disagree that we'll have to wait and see but I just cannot imagine an openly gay character in a Star Wars movie. As much as it would mean to me, I just have no hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I definitely don't disagree that we'll have to wait and see but I just cannot imagine an openly gay character in a Star Wars movie. As much as it would mean to me, I just have no hope.
    I can imagine it, but I think it's far more likelier to be in one of the anthology movies than in an Episode movie.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure Chewbacca is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I can imagine it, but I think it's far more likelier to be in one of the anthology movies than in an Episode movie.
    Yeah, I agree it is more likely. But they could've had Chirrut and Baze be a couple and they didn't, the director just said that he didn't mind that "interpretation" of the characters. So I'm still skeptical that they'll include gay character(s) in one of the spin-offs when they easily could have already but didn't. But it would be more likely to happen in one of the spin-offs than one of the main installments.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Really bummed to Gen X and Iceman have been cancelled. The X-Line just completely got rid of their current best titles and their first real queer titles. Not surprising.
    While I'm not thrilled about it, Bobby now being LGBT doesn't change that Marvel has always been willing to take the hatchet to an "X" title with a quickness if it's not doing the sales they expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I'm pretty sure Chewbacca is gay.
    Ha yes that would explain why his hair always looks so great.

There's a bit of a fan theory that lando and Han messed around a couple of times. That's pretty fun. If Carrie fisher was still around she would totally confirm it for us lol

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Really bummed to Gen X and Iceman have been cancelled. The X-Line just completely got rid of their current best titles and their first real queer titles. Not surprising.
    Yeah it is a shame but as you said, not surprising

I just read online that in the visual dictionary for Star Wars The Last Jedi it says that Poe Dameron wears his mother's ring on a necklace and that he's waiting for the right partner to give it to. And they specifically used that gender-neutral term.

So it appears that Disney may indeed be keeping Poe's sexuality ambiguous, regardless I remain skeptical that he'll be confirmed to be gay or bi in one of the movies.

Yeah I think they plan to bowl it right down the line. Keep it as broad as possible but confirm nothing.

Anyway, just wanted to say in case things get too busy over the next few days, I hope everyone has a merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate and a fantastic new year!

Indonesian Constitutional Court rejects hardliner Islamists' petition to criminalize homosexuality, but the situation for the Indonesian LGBT community is still looking very grim in my grandparents' country of birth:

https://thewire.in/206817/indonesian...erosexual-sex/

http://www.newnownext.com/indonesias...mpant/12/2017/

The greatest disappointment in this equation is probably the current president, Joko Widodo, who in 2016 (through a spokesperson) said that "there is no place in Indonesia for the LGBT rights movement". In the year of his election, Widodo had been touted as a champion for the downtrodden; a man of humble background who had had a good run behind him as governor of the capital city Jakarta. It turns out that Widodo is even more a spineless puppet of the conservative elite than his predecessor Yudhoyono was.
    Last edited by Mormel; 12-22-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Anyway, just wanted to say in case things get too busy over the next few days, I hope everyone has a merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate and a fantastic new year!
    Yes, I would also like to pass on my good wishes for the festive season. Hope you all have a peaceful time.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Turning back the clock:

The Senate in Bermuda gave final legislative approval on Wednesday to a measure that would end same-sex marriage in the British island territory and allow only domestic partnerships.

Senators approved the Domestic Partnership Act by an 8-3 vote. The House of Assembly approved it 24-10 on Friday. It must now be signed by the governor before it becomes law in the Atlantic ocean territory.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

So - best Christmas album by a closeted gay man: Luther Vandross or Johnny Mathis?

Last edited by PaulBullion; 12-23-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Wow that pic is something else.

Hmm, will have to think about it. I don't actually have a fave Christmas album!

Hope everyone has a great 2018. Anyone got any New Years resolutions? I'm just hoping for a quieter one than 2017! Lol