Page 483 of 550 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 8245

I recently came back to visit my family, and i end up finding out my cousin, the only 1 of 2 people who i can talk freely about anything, has VIH.

Apparently he cameback with his, i dont know if it was his bf or gf, dont know the details, but now he has that.

And it pains me, it pains me a lot, why most that happend, specially since he had a suffered of attacks before, i am just angry, he doesnt deserve that, nobody deserve that.

I am sad and angry not at him but the sickness.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 12-31-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I recently came back to visit my family, and i end up finding out my cousing, the only 1 of 2 people who i can talk freely about anything, has VIH.

Apparently he cameback with his pardnerth, dont know if it was his bf or gf, dont know the details but now he has that.

And it pains me, it pains me a lot, why most that happend, specially since he had a suffered of attacks before, i am just angry, he doesnt deserve that, nobody deserve that.

I am sad and angryn not at him but the sickness.
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Will he have access to the medication he needs?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Will he have access to the medication he needs?
    I havent been able to meet my cousin yet since i only arrived home 3 days ago but as far as i am told, he is a doctor so he knows what medication he must take and my uncle and grandma are helping him.

Still i havent check how my country deal with people with that sickness.

I also realized i committed a lot of grammar mistakes, funk.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 12-31-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Gay people are fabulous.

I talked with my cousin, yesterday, as far as he knows he doesnt know I know he has aids, so we talked like nothing had happened still i could hear his voice, he sounds depress and hits me hard to hear him like that.

I will admit i am not well inform on what happen when you get AIDS, until yesterday i though you could never have sex again but it seems like you can but have to be really careful about.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 01-01-2018 at 03:01 PM.

I talked with my cousin, yesterday, as far as he knows he doesnt know I know he has aids, so we talked like nothing had happened still i could hear his voice, he sounds depress and hits me hard to hear him like that.

I will admit i am not well inform on what happen when you get AIDS, until yesterday i though you could never have sex again but it seems like you can but have to be really careful about.
    Actually, if he gets the combination therapy medication, he is quite likely to go down to an undetectable viral load after a few month, which basically makes him no longer infectious. He can still prefer to use a condom, of course. But the risk of infection will be already minuscule thanks to the meds.

On another bit of news that i plan to post in the politics thread.

I think is dead on accurate when it comes to the U.S about how guns are equalizers.

LGBT fighting against gaybashers, women fighting against rapists, blacks fighting against lynch mobs... Firearms are necessary right for there to truly be equality

I find the subject interesting since my best friend told me he wants to be a woman and even now when he has changed his appereances a little to be more feminine, he has told me that some people (taxi drivers mostly) have said some nasty things about her.

THE TRANS WOMEN TURNING TO FIREARMS FOR SURVIVAL

Trans women are one such community. For some trans guns rights activists, arming trans women is a moral imperative in a society that routinely fails to protect them from systemic violence. Their work sits at the intersections of a sometimes awkward divide—some are left-leaning, some are on the right, and all of them cherish an individualistic interpretation of gun rights. This flies in the face of assumptions people may make about the trans community's political leanings and feelings about the Second Amendment.

Being transgender can be extremely dangerous, and trans people don't view the social structures ostensibly intended to defend people from harm as safe for them—law enforcement, for example, has a record of abusing trans women and disbelieving trans women when they report crimes. This is particularly true for trans women of color, who are made doubly vulnerable by society, especially those in the sex industry.

For trans women feeling alone against the world, armed self-defense can start to feel like a very appealing option, though sometimes a frightening one.

"I was so traumatized by guns by my 30s that it took three very patient queer gun instructors in a private living room to coach me through my first firearms training," says Scout Tran-Caffee, a non-binary trans woman and multidisciplinary artist from Northern California.

Whether women are pursuing training and licensure for the purpose of accessing conceal carry permits, or spending time with fellow LGBT people on the range to learn more about gun safety and fire a variety of weapons, gun ownership can also create a sense of solidarity and community.

Kayla Harris, an Oakland-based woman who started out with LGBT gun rights organization Pink Pistols before splitting away to form the Rouge Rifles with a colleague, has been a gun owner for a very long time. But it wasn't until the election that she started exploring the possibility of supporting fellow LGBT people who wanted to learn more about guns. "After the [Pulse] shooting and after the election, I knew tons of people who were suddenly interested in guns who never had been before," Harris says.

Harris carried her interest in firearms through transition, and is a certified firearms instructor—one reason she pursued and maintained her certification was a desire to give back to her community. "Gun owners shouldn't just default to the white guy who lives in Wisconsin or whatever," she says. "That's not the only person who should own guns. For disadvantaged and marginalized people, it equalizes force."

Harris' casual interest in guns and enjoyment in shooting shifted as she transitioned and adapted to the Trump era. In an age when the federal government appears to be making war on the trans community, emboldening people on a local level, her fears are rooted in practicality. "There are countless stories of people who failed to be neutralized by a less than lethal weapon," she says.

That's her driving desire in educating people about firearms, with a focus on home defense (conceal carry permits are extremely difficult to obtain in the Bay Area). She knows not all trans women agree with her work, but she wants to provide access to trans-inclusive, safe, supportive firearms training for those who are interested. Often, she loans out her own weapons on the range for training purposes, giving people an opportunity to see if shooting is for them before plunging into buying a gun—and dealing with the demands of storing it safely and in a legally compliant fashion.

Though Harris supports gun education and ownership for trans women who feel it's a good fit for their needs, she does have a w
    ord of caution

My experience has always been that if the good guys have a gun the bad guys do too and there's way more of them then there should be. The only sensible response is gun control.

We had an awful massacre here a few decades ago. So awful we banned firearms unless you have a license. Since then, there's not even been one and I'm grateful for that every day. Plus we have our own share of nazis and bad people and you better believe even if lgbtiq people get firearms the bad guys will get more than them and the violence will be against us than in our favour

Yeah, guns are a tricky thing. I can understand someone wanting to arm themselves because it gives them a sense of safety and control. However, I don't want one in my house. I do think our government should do something about making guns harder to obtain. Sure, if someone wants a gun there a million and one ways to do it illegally, but I think it is pretty ridiculous that there are Wal-Marts in this country where you can find a gun next to the Chex-Mix.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Yeah, guns are a tricky thing. I can understand someone wanting to arm themselves because it gives them a sense of safety and control. However, I don't want one in my house. I do think our government should do something about making guns harder to obtain. Sure, if someone wants a gun there a million and one ways to do it illegally, but I think it is pretty ridiculous that there are Wal-Marts in this country where you can find a gun next to the Chex-Mix.
    Talk about hyperbole...

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Talk about hyperbole...
    Because Wal.Mart has always show such great sensitivity in their display of Freedom Tools™?

Last edited by PaulBullion; 01-06-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Do those #MAGA folks realize that one can see what posts you "like" on twitter?

Because Wal.Mart has always show such great sensitivity in their display of Freedom Tools™?

And you know they have to contact the fbi before selling you a gun right?

Do those #MAGA folks realize that one can see what posts you "like" on twitter?

Shouldnt this be in the politics thread? How is this lgbt relate ?

Shouldnt this be in the politics thread? How is this lgbt relate ?
    Look closer.