Page 487 of 550 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    There's some people saying we should add a k to lgbtiq. K for kink

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...mpression=true

I don't know honestly. I mean being kinky is hardly oppressed, just some people do it and some people don't. It's not like we need to add a J for Jigsaw puzzles or something.

If we had to add more letters I would consider s for sex workers. After all, the first two people who did the most at stonewall were sex workers and like us they have to deal with a lot of the stigma we have had to (being seen as dirty, breaking up families, spreading disease etc). Plus lgbtiqs sounds better. More pluralistic.

What would you add?
    BDSM for **** n giggles

BANNED

Wouldn't kink include most of the human population? Everybody has a kink.

"I'm lgbtiaqk because I like to suck on toes and get bull whipped!"

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 02-05-2018 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Confused, indeed.

I can't really see how if you took an "Us"(LGBT) and "Them"(Straight Folks) approach, you would decide where the folks in question would fit.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Like queer? I think queer is a good umbrella term.
    Works for me.

It's settled, then.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Would be easier to just say "everybody except Mike Pence."
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I've said before that I don't really feel any kinship with the word "queer", although it doesn't offend me. I know some people have said in the past that they explicitly don't like the word, but lately I've increasingly felt like we should start using that word again as a catch-all term for everyone who isn't a heterosexual cisgender person.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I've said before that I don't really feel any kinship with the word "queer", although it doesn't offend me. I know some people have said in the past that they explicitly don't like the word, but lately I've increasingly felt like we should start using that word again as a catch-all term for everyone who isn't a heterosexual cisgender person.
    Is going to be hard to normalize the word queer, i dont think the B will bother, i can see some resistance from the G and L,the T is more controversial and i dont know how they would react.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Some vowels.

Lagibetiqs? Ligebatiqs? Ligobitiqs? Legobatiqs (with blocks)...makes it easier to pronounce.
    Haha.

The "acronym" is getting crowded.

What about "F" for the Furries out there? B or P for Bronies? What about people really into waifu's/loli's? Traps? Or are all of these considered K's?

I say "the queer community" around my friend who is comfortable with the word. I also say "the community" or LGBT+. The plus encompasses the other parts of the acronym and anything else.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    LGBT+
    Hmm, "LGBT Plus", doesn't sound too bad actually.

When I was younger I think I was a bit fearful of what queer meant/was, but it was really just a lack of education on gay culture in general. Now I tend to identity as queer individually and queer community (instead of the alphabet). My father was shocked that I used the word, for his generation it was similar to saying the "f" word used to describe (typically negatively) gays. I think its a great word and should be embraced warmly and used positively to take away the power/hate that was once associated with it.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member

I thought QUILTBAG might catch on but it hasn't. (Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Trans (Transgender/Transsexual), Bisexual, Asexual, and/or Gay/Genderqueer)

And, people have lost their jobs and/or custody of their children because of their kinks.
    Last edited by Rob Allen; 02-06-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Anyone watching the Winter Olympics? The opening ceremony was incredible and I am glad to see Adam Rippon and Gus Kenworthy are enjoying themselves

Drag race spoilers

[spoiler]

well milk had to go. She had the worst attitude, no idea where that came from.

Can't wait for the next episode. I hope chichi doesn't go yet. I feel so sorry for her

[/spoiler]

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but on seeing it being discussed again, I DETEST the Q word and if anyone called me it, they'd be likely to get a punch.

It's not reclaimed in the UK, at least not where I am. It's an insult, and a reaffirming that LGBT isnt 'normal' by very definition of the word.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God