Page 488 of 550 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 8245
    Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Drag race spoilers

[spoiler]

well milk had to go. She had the worst attitude, no idea where that came from.

Can't wait for the next episode. I hope chichi doesn't go yet. I feel so sorry for her

[/spoiler]
    [spoiler]

The thing is I was so rooting for Milk to begin with - love her growth since S.6 and what she puts out on instagram, but girl's been so delusional on AS.3. Her Celine was the worst and she should have not been safe last week (I actually thought Thorgy was ok). I must say the Bitchelor was a great challenge - hilariously executed. And the runway this week was one of the best - the bottom 2 Milk and Chichi looked amazing. I want to root for Chichi but girl is not bringing it - I think she is right - she should have waited till AS4. Bendela is my fave and am so glad she is knocking it out of the park. Just praying she doesn't crash and burn - she is the one to beat next week on Snatch Game as her Downton Maggie Smith was exemplary (yeah I know Kennedy also won in S7) [/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    The thing is, most winners probably wouldn't necessarily return for such a show. I appreciate what Bebe is bringing to AS3 though I doubt she'll win. Nevertheless, yes was thoroughly entertained by the episode. Loved the Handmaid's Tale parody. Was ecstatic that my fave won, and was pleased with who went home.
    Recently found I and A winner of Drag Race were/are(?) Bar Friends! If only I'd been aware of their Future Success
    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but on seeing it being discussed again, I DETEST the Q word and if anyone called me it, they'd be likely to get a punch.

It's not reclaimed in the UK, at least not where I am. It's an insult, and a reaffirming that LGBT isnt 'normal' by very definition of the word.
    who wants to be normal?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Recently found I and A winner of Drag Race were/are(?) Bar Friends! If only I'd been aware of their Future Success
    who wants to be normal?
    Exactly. Normal is boring. Let's stop exalting normality as if it's this great thing. There are a lot of normal things that are bad and a lot of abnormal things that are good.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but on seeing it being discussed again, I DETEST the Q word and if anyone called me it, they'd be likely to get a punch.

It's not reclaimed in the UK, at least not where I am. It's an insult, and a reaffirming that LGBT isnt 'normal' by very definition of the word.
    Maybe you need to move?
    Sounds like you're in a very hostile and backwards area.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Violent Chaski(?) Is her name
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Violent Chaski(?) Is her name
    Violet Chachki, winner of season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Violet Chachki, winner of season 7.
    Yeah that's her lol, sigh if She &some friends crashed out in my apartment (w/o me there) my sophomore year, after our friends megaparty in my redneckish college town ended in a big brawl if only I hadn't been distracted by bedding my "Str8" highschool friend I wouldn't have been as intimidated by her and the other hipster Atlanta Gay's icy looks and Sharp Wit and Biting Sarcasm

*Let Sigh*
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Maybe you need to move?
    Sounds like you're in a very hostile and backwards area.
    Or maybe people just need to accept that some people just dont like the word and stop using it as a catch all for people that dont want to be caught in
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Or maybe people just need to accept that some people just dont like the word and stop using it as a catch all for people that dont want to be caught in
    People can accept that others would not like to be referred by a certain time, but it's beyond your realm of control to expect other people to stop using the catch-all to refer to themselves/people like you. :/
    GrindrStone(D)

This confuses me, then:

Is it some kind of homophobic hate show? TV watchdogs ok with that?

Some people are ok with it and others are not. It's a personal choice

BANNED

I don't see anyone here calling you, specifically, "queer"...

I think it's rather easy to accept that you don't like the word. What seems to be a point of difficulty is you accepting that other people either don't mind it, or they embrace it.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Anyone watching ACS: The Assassination of Gianni Versace? Yeah it's verry Ryan Murphy - but I think quite an ambitious portrait of homophobia (overt and internalised) in the 90's. We've come a long way guys (in the western world that is).
    No spoilers but this weeks Drag Race All Stars - Snatch Game episode was pretty meh IMO.

I literally cannot wait to watch it. I think it looks amazing

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I hope I'm not offending the one or two conservative posters on this thread, but

Trump administration dismantles LGBT-friendly policies

The nation's health department is taking steps to dismantle LGBT health initiatives, as political appointees have halted or rolled back regulations intended to protect LGBT workers and patients, removed LGBT-friendly language from documents and reassigned the senior adviser dedicated to LGBT health.

The sharp reversal from Obama-era policies carries implications for a population that's been historically vulnerable to discrimination in health care settings, say LGBT health advocates. A Health Affairs study last year found that many LGBT individuals have less access to care than heterosexuals; in a Harvard-Robert Wood Johnson-NPR survey one in six LGBT individuals reported experiencing discrimination from doctors or at a clinic.

The Trump administration soon after taking office also moved to change the agency's LGBT-related health data collection, a window into health status and discrimination. Last month it established a new religious liberty division to defend health workers who have religious objections to treating LGBT patients.
    There's more, and it is heart breaking.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!