Page 495 of 550 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 8245

That's good to hear about Trinidad. Hopefully, some of the other Caribbean nations will follow suit.

(Of course the end goal is for the entire world to decriminalize it, but baby steps now...)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Because it's 2018, this is true:

Snoop Dogg released a gospel album, that features both homophobic acts like Mary Mary and openly gay gospel/R&B artist B Slade. And gay icon Patti Labelle.

2018, you're drunk.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

It's been AGESSSSS since we did our little "here I am, introduction and photo"; and (quelle suprise) I just got some photos back from a modelling shoot... I thought I'd shamelessly show one and do our fun little 'round-robin-intro'.
    SIDE NOTE: please, PLEASE do not feel obligated to answer the one about your sexuality if you're not comfortable. Not only will we all understand, we would never expect anyone to feel pressured into revealing anything they aren't ready to, or wanting to. It's all meant to be fun, so let's keep it that.

KIERAN FROST (not my real name)
    ORIENTATION: gay
    RELATIONSHIP STATUS: married
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ COMIC CHARACTER: Wiccan from Young Avengers
    REAL LIFE LGBT+ IDOL: Sir Ian McKellan (and Ellen Degeneres, because I love them both)
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: Brokeback Mountain (2005)
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ TV SHOW: RuPaul's Drag Race
    HOTTEST DISNEY PRINCE: Prince Naveen

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Because it's 2018, this is true:
    Snoop Dogg released a gospel album, that features both homophobic acts like Mary Mary and openly gay gospel/R&B artist B Slade. And gay icon Patti Labelle.
    2018, you're drunk.
    This post made me laugh so much! LOL!!! #threadWIN
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Hey soooooooo
    don't have a lotta Queer friends here
    That being said...anyone have any experience dealing with a parent you just moved back in with...believing and vocalizing that Gay people are going to hell?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hey soooooooo
    don't have a lotta Queer friends here
    That being said...anyone have any experience dealing with a parent you just moved back in with...believing and vocalizing that Gay people are going to hell?
    Is one in such a situation out of necessity?

ORIENTATION: gay, Queer, F@G, "Drunk"
    RELATIONSHIP STATUS: living with my mother
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ COMIC CHARACTER: Synch from Generation X
    REAL LIFE LGBT+ IDOL: James Baldwin or Jesus
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: Edge of Seventeen
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ TV SHOW: VanderPump Rules
    HOTTEST DISNEY PRINCE: Ramses son in Prince of Egypt
    FAVORITE LGBT+ Band/Album:2018 'Plunge' by Fever Ray
    Absolutely Amazing
    Fever Ray - Plunge (2017).jpgFever Ray - Plunge (2017).jpg
    https://www.thefader.com/2017/10/31/...-sex-essay/amp
    https://amp.theguardian.com/music/20...-karin-dreijer
    http://www.citypages.com/music/fever...fuck/454852833
    FAVORITE GO2 MOVE:FROTTAGE!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BroHomo; 04-27-2018 at 11:55 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Silvermoth!
    RELATIONSHIP STATUS: partnered (might change to that to fiancé this year though )
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ COMIC CHARACTER: Midnighter
    REAL LIFE LGBT+ IDOL: Sir Ian McKellan, how could you not adore hi
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: winter soldier (come on we all know it was gay af). Ok Priscilla queen of the desert
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ TV SHOW: RuPaul's Drag Race and queer as folk
    HOTTEST DISNEY PRINCE: Aladdin and Hercules (or should I say hunk-ules)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: winter soldier (come on we all know it was gay af). Ok Priscilla queen of the desert
    Guy Pearce is a goddess.

He is, I secretly harbour wishes of seeing a sequel to Priscilla, just to see what happened to the characters.

Plus, it’s pretty cool to see red skull, zod and the mandarin put on drag and go into the Australian outback together

Charmed (but if you all feel like it, you can call me Trey, too)

ORIENTATION: Gay

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single and somewhat ready to mingle

FAVOURITE LGBT+ COMIC CHARACTER: Wonder Woman is pan in my mind, even if she'll never be written as such. Until they do, I'll have to go with Sara Lance, who is more comic adjacent (she's a character on a comic book tv show.)

REAL LIFE LGBT+ IDOL: Angelina Jolie and Keiynan Lonsdale. Both are awesome. And bi! Though Jolie doesn't speak much on issues affecting the community specifically (though she does plenty of other great work), Keiynan has been championing the fight through his social media and music. [For those of you who do not know, Keiynan is Kid Flash in the Arrowverse on the CW]

FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: Haven't seen many LGBT+ films, outside of the occasional short film here and there, but I have to give it to Moonlight. The cinematography, acting, and story were all so beautiful. Plus, it's set in South Florida.

FAVOURITE LGBT+ TV SHOW: Legends of Tomorrow. It has a bi female lead (who is also the captain of the time ship), who is in a relationship with a woman (who is the captain/director of her own organization). In this past season, two of the actors are part of the community: Lonsdale is openly bi and Maisie Richardson-Sellers, who plays Vixen, is in a relationship with a woman. Past seasons had two openly gay actors filling the ranks of the team: Wentworth Miller and Victor Garber, who play Captain Cold and Dr. Martin Stein, respectively. The next season will have another bisexual character added to the team in the form of Constantine with the possibility of his helper/quasi-not official as of yet-boyfriend Gary popping up (Gary was very receptive to a thank you kiss on the lips from Constantine). AAANNNDDD to top it all off, one of the show's developers is Greg Berlanti, an openly gay man. Technically, the show isn't an "LGBT" show, but it definitely includes the community. Not perfectly, mind you, but it does a hell of a lot better than the movies

HOTTEST DISNEY PRINCE: When I was a young'in, it was definitely Hercules...especially after the workout montage. Now, it's Prince Naveen.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Guy Pearce is a goddess.

That he played that role, Captain John Boyd in Ravenous, and Charlie Burns in The Proposition is never going to get enough credit.

A gem, as well as a goddess.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Here's moi:

WONDERLAD
    RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single since forever
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ COMIC CHARACTER: Wonder Woman is my fave character but, well written as LGBT ummm… Wiccan
    REAL LIFE LGBT+ IDOL: Graham Norton
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: Brokeback Mountain (but so many to choose from - Priscilla, Birdcage, Torchsong etc etc)
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ TV SHOW: RuPaul's Drag Race
    HOTTEST DISNEY PRINCE: had to google all of them - Aladdin is not a prince so I am going to go with Prince (Consort) Eugene Fitzherbert from Tangled (what a cutie)

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: partnered (might change to that to fiancé this year though )
    AHHHHH, SQUEAL!!! That's so exciting! Any ideas how you're gonna do it?

FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: winter soldier (come on we all know it was gay af)
    If only...

FAVOURITE LGBT+ TV SHOW: RuPaul's Drag Race and queer as folk
    UK or US?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    REAL LIFE LGBT+ IDOL: Angelina Jolie and Keiynan Lonsdale. Both are awesome. And bi! Though Jolie doesn't speak much on issues affecting the community specifically (though she does plenty of other great work)
    I was disappointed when Brangelina said they refused to married till all of the us had gay marriage... and then just changed their minds and got married before that happened anyway.
    FUN FACT: She is one of only TWO openly LGBT+ actors to win acting Oscars (as in openly LGBT+ at the time they won), the first being Sir John Gielgud.

FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: Haven't seen many LGBT+ films, outside of the occasional short film here and there, but I have to give it to Moonlight. The cinematography, acting, and story were all so beautiful. Plus, it's set in South Florida.
    My personal recommendations for quintessential LGBT+ cinema would be: Brokeback Mountain, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, la Cage aux Folles, My Beautiful Launderette, Paris is Burning, Caravaggio and Billy Elliott.

HOTTEST DISNEY PRINCE: When I was a young'in, it was definitely Hercules...especially after the workout montage. Now, it's Prince Naveen.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    FAVOURITE LGBT+ FILM: Brokeback Mountain (but so many to choose from - Priscilla, Birdcage, Torchsong etc etc)
    Is Torchsong based on the Torchsong trilogy of plays?

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    HOTTEST DISNEY PRINCE: had to google all of them - Aladdin is not a prince so I am going to go with Prince (Consort) Eugene Fitzherbert from Tangled (what a cutie)
    ???
    Aladdin is a Prince, he marries Jasmine. Flynn is drop dead gorgeous too.
    FUN FACT: Aladdin's face was based on Tom Cruise.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

I was disappointed when Brangelina said they refused to married till all of the us had gay marriage... and then just changed their minds and got married before that happened anyway.
    FUN FACT: She is one of only TWO openly LGBT+ actors to win acting Oscars (as in openly LGBT+ at the time they won), the first being Sir John Gielgud.
    I remember us having this conversation the first time we did introductions here and I shared a similar disappointment. I would have put that disappointment in this most recent introduction, but I actually forgot that they did that.

I hope that that number of openly LGBT+ Oscar winning actors goes up in the coming years.

My personal recommendations for quintessential LGBT+ cinema would be: Brokeback Mountain, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, la Cage aux Folles, My Beautiful Launderette, Paris is Burning, Caravaggio and Billy Elliott.
    I actually watched Paris is Burning for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I think I teared up in the end watching how hard LGBT+ life was for people in the U.S. before my time. That thought then had me thinking how hard it still is now around the entire world. Though the movie also gave me hope that one day it will get better.

I see myself watching it again, for sure.

"You're dead!"- Soldier