Page 497 of 550 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 8245

Glad to see things getting better in Greece, Pakistan and Jersey. I still don't like it when other people scream at couples to show affection, but the fact that a same-sex couple was encouraged to show their affection--- and not shamed for showing it--- was very nice to read about.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Yeah I must admit, my boyfriend and I don’t really do the public displays of affection because we’re not really into that, not because we’re scared or anything. At home though we’re very cuddly.

I have friends who post EVERYTHING on Facebook. I just think that’s weird. Enjoy being with your partner, you don’t have to be like “oh we need to take a selfie right now people will be wondering what happened to us”

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I just found an article outlining just how much gay representation is actually in Deadpool 2. https://intomore.com/culture/Deadpoo...bf09d7241c4055

The good news: There are FINALLY openly gay characters in a mainstream superhero movie.

The bad news: It doesn't sound like they have a very big role.

Overall I'm just relieved that will finally have actual gay superheroes on the big screen.

Yeah me too. You never know, in a few years we could see a lot more. Onwards and upwards

I just saw the movie yesteday, when it come to gay characters they are used for a joke but not at the expenses of the character but the situation they are in.

Deadpool also use some, might i say, progressive lingo? but is also used as a joke. I dont really want to get into spoilers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The good news: There are FINALLY openly gay characters in a mainstream superhero movie.
    Not sure if it's what you meant to imply, but they aren't the first.

trini.jpg

Although TBF, it wasn't ever confirmed whether Trini was gay or elsewhere on the sexuality spectrum.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not sure if it's what you meant to imply, but they aren't the first.

trini.jpg

Although TBF, it wasn't ever confirmed whether Trini was gay or elsewhere on the sexuality spectrum.
    I don't know if most people would consider the Power Rangers to be to be a "superhero" movie. I mean I understand why they could be considered superheroes but they're not really something that most people think of when they think of superheroes.

Also while I didn't see the movie I heard that the scene was literally just a male character asking her if she was having "boy troubles or girl troubles", not exactly groundbreaking gay representation like two openly lesbian characters being in a confirmed relationship.

I don't know if most people would consider the Power Rangers to be to be a "superhero" movie. I mean I understand why they could be considered superheroes but they're not really something that most people think of when they think of superheroes.
    Well, they're Japan's idea of superheroes, specifically, but what else would they be? They have costumes, superpowers, secret identities, fight villains, etc.

Also while I didn't see the movie I heard that the scene was literally just a male character asking her if she was having "boy troubles or girl troubles", not exactly groundbreaking gay representation like two openly lesbian characters being in a confirmed relationship.
    I guess anything is better than nothing.

I just found an article outlining just how much gay representation is actually in Deadpool 2. https://intomore.com/culture/Deadpoo...bf09d7241c4055

The bad news: It doesn't sound like they have a very big role.

Overall I'm just relieved that will finally have actual gay superheroes on the big screen.
    I think it's going to be a few years yet before we see an actual title-character gay superhero on the big screen. But I think we're getting there, step by step. Hopefully they won't just chicken out make it camp.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    I think it's going to be a few years yet before we see an actual title-character gay superhero on the big screen. But I think we're getting there, step by step. Hopefully they won't just chicken out make it camp.
    It's Deadpool. Pretty much the entire first movie was high camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's Deadpool. Pretty much the entire first movie was high camp.
    Well, sure, but I mean, "camp gay" specifically, and I wasn't talking about Deadpool, I meant, a hypothetical movie where the main hero is gay, instead of just a sidekick or background character. If done, hopefully, the hero being gay is not the constant crux of the joke.

I'd say the first gay/bi/pan/trans superhero is, at the earliest, about 15 years away. I do applaud Deadpool for including a same-sex couple, though. The community rep is stronger in this installment than in the last one, so that's awesome. Baby steps.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Watched Deadpool 2 yesterday and though it was lots of fun. The gayest thing though was the soundtrack : Cher, Dolly Parton, Barbra Streisand and little orphan ANnie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    That is amazing! I'm really happy for both situations. I know a bit more about the Pakistani situation then the Greek, but given what's been going on in Greece, this is a win! And Good on Pakistan for doing right, as there are several people who are working on making a life for themselves and for their families.

For the couple in NJ. That is a sweet thing. I'm glad those Bros were good people and made them feel happy.
    Things are looking dark in Indonesia: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...o-lay-low.html
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Saw Deadpool 2 (2018) yesterday, I thought it was awesome; and I disagree with the article, I think it did a good job in LGBT+ representation (and let's be honest, it did a BILLION TIMES better than any other comic superhero film; so let's take the win).
    spoilers:
    The article is, in my opinion, wrong to imply Deadpool's pansexual nature isn't shown... he cups Colossas' ass, has that whole "heart in love/hold me" segment, he wants Vanessa to get her strap on, Vanessa implies Colossus will f*ck him, and he enjoys "d*ck to d*ck" with Cable. Yes it's all for humour, BUT I see no more 'confirmation' of his pansexuality in comics than we see on screen. So the article is reaching
    end of spoilers

P.S. plus it's amusing seeing an article getting on its high horse about representation and the film not being tasteful enough... when it's chucking round the Q word like it's candy #caesarswifemustbebeyondreproach

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I must admit, my boyfriend and I don’t really do the public displays of affection because we’re not really into that, not because we’re scared or anything. At home though we’re very cuddly.
    Me and my husband never hold hands in public, or kiss. It's just not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I have friends who post EVERYTHING on Facebook. I just think that’s weird. Enjoy being with your partner, you don’t have to be like “oh we need to take a selfie right now people will be wondering what happened to us”
    Agreed, your relationship should be stable enough to not have to "show" everyone your love.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."