Page 504 of 550 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Apollo/Midnighter fans...
    Speaking of Apollo/Midnighter fans... can someone help me with the top three Midnighter TPBs I should find (his really core story arcs). It's for some filming next year, and I want to be decently versed on the character.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Speaking of Apollo/Midnighter fans... can someone help me with the top three Midnighter TPBs I should find (his really core story arcs). It's for some filming next year, and I want to be decently versed on the character.
    Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with most of the older stuff.

The initial "The Midnighter/Apollo" Stormwatch arc or the first couple of The Authority trades are where most of the "Classic Coke" stuff is.

Edit: This is the Stormwatch trade mentioned above... https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...-a-finer-world
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-31-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

And whatever you do, avoid the Midnighter/Grifter tale by homophobic rightwing night job Chuck Dixon.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Yeah, the Midnighter/Grifter mini is garbage.

Garth Ennis’ run is worth a read but it’s clear he had no interest in writing a gay character. Brian K. Vaughan’s Midnighter #7 is essential. Midnighter #8 is a cute one-shot where M rescues a little girl’s cat.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with most of the older stuff.

The initial "The Midnighter/Apollo" Stormwatch arc or the first couple of The Authority trades are where most of the "Classic Coke" stuff is.

Edit: This is the Stormwatch trade mentioned above... https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...-a-finer-world
    Thank-you (all of you) for the replies. I'll hunt these out when I'm next in London's Forbidden Planet.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    And whatever you do, avoid the Midnighter/Grifter tale by homophobic rightwing night job Chuck Dixon.
    "Rightwing night job?" Is that what they call the overnight security guard at FOX News headquarters?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

His Grindr profile piv v what he actually looks like when you meet up.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The Residents member/founder Hardy Fox passed earlier in the week. RIP.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/hardy-f...ents-has-died/

Hardy Fox, co-founder of The Residents, has died

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Warren Ellis's The Authority
    Mark Millar's The Authority
    Midnighter: The Complete Wildstorm Collection
    Midnighter - Vol 1: Out
    Midnighter - Vol 2: Hard
    Midnighter and Apollo
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 11-06-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Incredible result. I wish it had been more radical but it’s a start. Now to plan for 2020

It boogles my mind/saddens me to recognize the differences between some parts of America. While Colorado made the awesome progressive decision above, here in the South it's same old same old. My home state of Alabama narrowly escaped having a pedophile as it's Senator... and more recently the very personable, and very very Cute Beto O'Rourke lost to 80s villain Ted Cruz, and crooked Brian Kemp (who pointed a shot gun in one of his ads) won over Stacey "openly secret lesbian" Abrams

Le Sigh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It boogles my mind/saddens me to recognize the differences between some parts of America. While Colorado made the awesome progressive decision above, here in the South it's same old same old. My home state of Alabama narrowly escaped having a pedophile as it's Senator... and more recently the very personable, and very very Cute Beto O'Rourke lost to 80s villain Ted Cruz, and crooked Brian Kemp (who pointed a shot gun in one of his ads) won over Stacey "openly secret lesbian" Abrams

Le Sigh
    Alabama and Texas are something else.

BANNED

We love a good short film about an adorable elderly gay couple.

Curmudgeons (2016)

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 11-07-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Invincible Member

I am curious as to what people feel about Youtuber Blair White? She is a conservative trans woman who's pretty popular on social media. Not very long ago she did a video about how a lot of of supposedly right wing YouTubers are actually fake and don't really believe what they say. And well...she's obviously someone who's cashing in this thing as well, but like I said, I'm curious as to what other folks thought

Blair talking about the phonies ( I think she's probably talking about Steven Crowder)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXRRIG8o3wg