Page 514 of 550 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 8245
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    annnnd I'm out!
    so are we all, that's why we're in this thread!

Hey has anyone read black leopard red wolf yet? I keep hearing people say it’s going to be the next big thing in the fantasy genre now that game of thrones has wrapped up. And I just found out the writer is not only Jamaican born but also gay!

Sooooo this gay bar in Chicago banned do music....

https://www.okayplayer.com/news/chic...mpression=true
    If anything they should probably change the name of the bar from 'Progress' to something a lil less ironic

61288476_10156599430403458_7131618114961145856_o.jpg
    Damn No Nicki Minaj or Cardi B??? Does Taylor Swift have that many dance songs?
    Also I looooved the part that they're providing the DJs with extra security from the people REQUESTING a rap song.....as if they can't handle the mere mention of a song with z good dance best an catchy chorus
    Last edited by BroHomo; 06-01-2019 at 06:42 AM.

BANNED

I guess it’s bad business to scare away the upper-middle class white gays with rap music lol

‘positive, upbeat, happy, energetic...nothing vulgar or aggressive...FUN FUN FUN’

When did gay people get this inoffensive and boring? It’s no wonder gay bars are dying out.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 06-01-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The idea with the riots is sounding better and better.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Is the issue just that they are banning rap music? If so, I don't see any moral issue here. I think it's stupid, but they have a right to restrict their music output to whatever they want. Everybody can just go to a different bar that isn't run by idiots *shrug*
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I find it funny how they'll ban rap but likely encourage other forms of black culture like twerking, shading, reading etc. It is their bar, and they are free to do with it what they will, but I'm just curious as to why they will ban all rap. If it's because of the homophobic/biphobic/transphobic/sexist etc. lyrics present in a number of raps, why not allow DJs to play the ones which don't have those lyrics? Which, btw, do exist.
    Last edited by Charmed; 06-01-2019 at 12:12 PM.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I find it funny how they'll ban rap but likely encourage other forms of black culture like twerking, shading, reading etc. It is their bar, and they are free to do with it what they will, but I'm just curious as to why they will ban all rap. If it's because of the homophobic/biphobic/transphobic/sexist etc. lyrics present in a number of raps, why not allow DJs to play the ones which don't have those lyrics? Which, btw, do exist.
    Queer rap also exists. But that bar won't allow MC Lyte or Frank Ocean anymore, either.

Yet the bar has put on no statement about openly homophobic rockers like Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, oddly.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'm not a fan of rap music, but others are (not that I live in that area anyway) so that was a pretty stupid thing to do. Banning a genre of music? How dumb.

ETA: Apparently the ban has backfired and the bar and owners got so much criticism (rightfully so) that the ban has been lifted.

https://chicago.gopride.com/news/art...leid/103193716
    Last edited by CellarDweller; 06-01-2019 at 01:29 PM.

One of the first and finest songs about anti LGBTQ violence was actually rap.

Hillary was right!

Anybody else reading "Peter Cannon - Thunderbolt" by Kieron Gillen?

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Queer rap also exists. But that bar won't allow MC Lyte or Frank Ocean anymore, either.

Yet the bar has put on no statement about openly homophobic rockers like Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, oddly.
    Let's be realistic for a second.

If you've ever been to clubs in that neck of the woods, doing what is in blue would be like pointing out that you didn't want DJs playing Skrewdriver. You'd be banning something that no DJ working in the club would ever play in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let's be realistic for a second.

If you've ever been to clubs in that neck of the woods, doing what is in blue would be like pointing out that you didn't want DJs playing Skrewdriver. You'd be banning something that no DJ working in the club would ever play in the first place.
    There are dance remixes to everything.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    There are dance remixes to everything.
    That there are doesn't change that any DJ that knows the bar they are working in will pick out remixes accordingly.

No DJ working in that club is thinking over playing dance remixes containing something off of Weekend Warriors. It would be a recipe for getting canned.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That there are doesn't change that any DJ that knows the bar they are working in will pick out remixes accordingly.

No DJ working in that club is thinking over playing dance remixes containing something off of Weekend Warriors. It would be a recipe for getting canned.
    I'm guessing nobody was playing Vaseline by Ice Cube, either, so I am not sure what you are trying to convey here.

Hillary was right!