Page 515 of 550 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 8243
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Anybody else reading "Peter Cannon - Thunderbolt" by Kieron Gillen?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I'm guessing nobody was playing Vaseline by Ice Cube, either, so I am not sure what you are trying to convey here.
    That you were wondering why the bar hasn't addressed a problem that does not exist.

While the ban they instituted was dumb, they at least had a dumb line of reasoning that set the stage for it.

Meanwhile, you can bet your last ten cents that what you laid out was not even remotely close to happening. It would be like taking them to task because they haven't had "Alien Invasion" drills.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-02-2019 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That you were wondering why the bar hasn't addressed a problem that does not exist.

While the ban they instituted was dumb, they at least had a dumb line of reasoning that set the stage for it.

Meanwhile, you can bet your last ten cents that what you laid out was not even remotely close to happening. It would be like taking them to task because they haven't had "Alien Invasion" drills.
    Have you ever even been in a gay bar, Mr. Intruding-in-Safe-Spaces?

And no, this thread does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Have you ever even been in a gay bar, Mr. Intruding-in-Safe-Spaces?

And no, this thread does not count.
    Have you ever set foot in a gay bar in the neighborhood that bar is in?

I have.

Have you ever set foot in a gay bar in the neighborhood that bar is in?

I have.
    How would you even set foot in any gay bar without being in the neighborhood said bar is in?

That would be some weird paradox **** right there.

Queer rap also exists. But that bar won't allow MC Lyte or Frank Ocean anymore, either.

Yet the bar has put on no statement about openly homophobic rockers like Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, oddly.
    I'm taking an LGBT class at school, and we just read an article about black feminist queer women/assigned female-at-birth in Brazil and Cuba, who incorporate their queerness into their raps. It was very interesting.

Chicago is one of the most racially segregated cities in the country, and after doing some Internet spelunking I've learned that Boystown is a mostly white, upper-middle class neighborhood, so this seems like their way of keeping non-whites (or, the "people" who listen to "that" music) away.

I'm from the Miami metro area, and we're no better on the racially segregated front either, but of the few gay clubs that I've been to, they have different rooms for different kinds of music. The most packed rooms have been the ones playing rap, R&B, etc. Yet those are also neighborhoods that they could probably get away with having a ban on rap because of the demographics.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm taking an LGBT class at school, and we just read an article about black feminist queer women/assigned female-at-birth in Brazil and Cuba, who incorporate their queerness into their raps. It was very interesting.

Chicago is one of the most racially segregated cities in the country, and after doing some Internet spelunking I've learned that Boystown is a mostly white, upper-middle class neighborhood, so this seems like their way of keeping non-whites (or, the "people" who listen to "that" music) away.

I'm from the Miami metro area, and we're no better on the racially segregated front either, but of the few gay clubs that I've been to, they have different rooms for different kinds of music. The most packed rooms have been the ones playing rap, R&B, etc. Yet those are also neighborhoods that they could probably get away with having a ban on rap because of the demographics.
    Just for some context on that...

Boystown is a neighborhood that is right by Wrigleyville(obviously, the neighborhood that Wrigley Field is in). Even with the money that the current owners of the Cubs have put into the neighborhood around the park, dumb bar fights/scuffles on that stretch of Clark are not at all unusual.

While that might have absolutely nothing to due with the dumb policy that they tried to institute, I could see it being a dumb approach to trying to address the reality above in the wrong way.

That said, it could easily be a bit of both.

- https://northalsted.com/pridefest/pr...inbow-in-time/

Boystown Gets Rainbow Crosswalk in time for Pride

Boystown Gets Rainbow Crosswalk in time for Pride
    I've never seen an all white rainbow before...could be interesting
    lol

Just disgusting. So beating them up and taking their money wasn't enough for these thugs? The couple had to entertain them too, by kissing for their amusement? Just disgusting.

Uh who took this pic? Was it immediately after? I super not familiar with London public transit but is the area traveling to 'Camden Town' safe-ish? assuming they were alone how are they still bloody enough for this pic?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

For A good number of white dudes I come across(lol)
    this flag and the attitudes/morals that come with it....
    d8wj9i4-3d45ffee-9a9d-4540-b90f-deed104b5269.jpg
    takes precedent over this one...
    Rainbow-Flag-1499702083.jpeg

BANNED

Icelandic gay horror thriller. Pretty creepy, but it’s nice to see a gay film that isn’t comedy or drama.