Page 528 of 550 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 8243

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I just want to say hello.

While I'm not LGBTQIA I have supported the cause of those who are most of my life (since I was a teenager). One of my dearest childhood friends is trans, and she (formerly he) had a very rough time growing up in our small town (as you can imagine considering we are both in our 30s). Keep up the good fight people.
    It was hard enough to come out. Even with supportive parents. my big hassle was that my brother and law wouldnt let me around my nephews for like 6 months unsupervised because he assumed all gay men are pedophiles. I could not imagine being trans. It hard to be so hard for her in the town you describe. My heart goes out to her. I am glad that in your update that you said she is happy now. It was really great of you to be there for her.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The experience was tragic. Her father still doesn't talk to her along with some other older people from our old neighborhood. I was called names (slurs honestly) because I took her to our senior prom (shortly after she started her transition) so she would not be alone even though we were just friends. Although I have a wife now who is a biological woman rather than a trans woman people from my home town still think I'm secretly "queer" or "gay". That said, my friend is happy with a good career and is in a loving relationship now.
    I'm glad your friend is doing better, and I'm very happy you were there for her when she needed it most. You're a good friend.

Edit- This is why I don't care for religious people. Religious people tend to be the most hateful of all people I've found.
    Sadly it's why a lot in the LGBT+ community have (understandably) a less than lovely opinion of religious people. And that's sad, as they can be wonderful. And they aren't all hateful. But the river is tainted by the sewage from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    It was hard enough to come out. Even with supportive parents.
    Agreed. Coming out is hard, period.

my big hassle was that my brother and law wouldnt let me around my nephews for like 6 months unsupervised because he assumed all gay men are pedophiles. I could not imagine being trans.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Did your sister not step in and stop him??? and I agree, I could not imagine being trans. That's a whole other level of struggle, and I so admire a proud trans person (I doubt I'd ever have their strength).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Has anyone here been following the controversy with Drag Race Season 12? I'm not going to lie, watching episode 2, now I know this... makes for uncomfortable viewing. I honestly think it might effect the seasons a lot. I have no idea how they could fix it. They could edit her out, but if they do, the season won't make sense. Eeeeek!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Has anyone here been following the controversy with Drag Race Season 12? I'm not going to lie, watching episode 2, now I know this... makes for uncomfortable viewing. I honestly think it might effect the seasons a lot. I have no idea how they could fix it. They could edit her out, but if they do, the season won't make sense. Eeeeek!
    What is the controversy?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

What is the controversy?
    Oh, duh! Sorry.

Well... four days ago one of the contestants (Sherry Pie) was revealed to be a MAJOR catfisher. Now we're not talking just using fake photos to get dick pics, he created this whole fake casting director profile/email/bio and got various guys he fancied into long conversations, making them believe they were in the running for a major film or Netflix show, say it was sexual, so they needed to commit, yadda yadda... and would get them to send naughty pics, pics of them masturbating, videos of them injecting themselves with steroids after telling them they'll need to buff up for Hollywood standards; really f*cking with their heads and their mental wellbeing... it's bad. It's a whole level about "just" catfishing.

As a result the show has confirmed Sherry Pie is disqualified and will not be at the reunion nor the finale. THE PROBLEM is the season, minus those two events, is already filmed. They can't un-film it (and from the sound of World of Wonder's announcement, it's possible Sherry gets very far, potentially into the top 4???). NOW THAT IS NOT A SPOILER, it's not confirmed. It's purely down to the wording, that maybe just was bad. Disqualified implies she's still in it? To me. But regardless, what do they do? If they edit her out, the season makes no sense, but showing her get praise, get support/love/come off as nice is very damaging and unfair.

I loved ep1. But ep2 when she came in was... it was uncomfortable. Every confessional, every aside, every moment of praise felt wrong. If that makes sense?
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-08-2020 at 02:24 PM.

It’s a dreadful business. I wonder how people can just not care or have empathy when they do stuff like that but I guess that’s what the internet is all about. Apparently she made it pretty much to the end as well of the series

Episode 2 in general was a snore compared to episode 1. Add on the whole Sherry drama, and yeah...cringe-worthy.

They made the right call with how it is being handled. Season was already filmed, so disqualifying her from the finale (if she even made it that far) is the best they can do now. It would be totally unfair to the other queens to just cancel the season.

However...Not sure if anyone remembers the Flavor of Love/Rock of Love VH1 reality shows from back in the day? Well one of the contestants from Rock of Love, Megan Hauserman, ended up landing her own show "Megan Wants a Millionaire". Buuuuuuttttt, it was canceled after only airing a few episodes because one of the contestants turned out to be a murderer.

It's here!!! It's here, it's here, it's here! One of my favourite parts of Drag Race fan art is Cheyne's fake comic covers of each episode. LOVE IT!!! It's so perfect for these boards!!!

ART BY CHEYNE
    https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Episode 2 in general was a snore compared to episode 1. Add on the whole Sherry drama, and yeah...cringe-worthy.
    Agreed. Episode 1 was five star, episode 2 was three star.

My detailed episode reviews of 1 & 2are here on CBR, if anyone wants. Lots of fun fan art too!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...RACE-Season-12

They made the right call with how it is being handled. Season was already filmed, so disqualifying her from the finale (if she even made it that far) is the best they can do now. It would be totally unfair to the other queens to just cancel the season.
    Agreed. I mean what else could they do? It's not fair on the other queens to scrap it or gut it till it's unrecognisable. I'm just very sad for Sherry's designers... they are royally f*cked. All that time and money into outfits they can't even brag about or advertise without a whole load of backlash.

However...Not sure if anyone remembers the Flavor of Love/Rock of Love VH1 reality shows from back in the day? Well one of the contestants from Rock of Love, Megan Hauserman, ended up landing her own show "Megan Wants a Millionaire". Buuuuuuttttt, it was canceled after only airing a few episodes because one of the contestants turned out to be a murderer.
    Dayummmmmm! No, I don't remember that. But I don't watch too much reality TV. Only shows were the general public have no power or influence. So only Drag Race, Great British Bake Off and the Apprentice. Studio audience shows are awful.

Hey... sorry, not necessarily LGBT+ themed (other than I'm gay) but... I wanted artist help, and I searched "artists" and "artwork thread" and just came up blank. So if there is a thread for artist, please let me know.

ANYWAY... trying to play around with adding line art to some of my modeling pictures... and I'm drawing a blank. Outside of a devil/angel as a silouette, I can't think what is easy and visually accessible to add to a picture, that isn't consuming or irrelevant. If that makes sense??? Any suggestions?

YEY!!! The second 'cover' is out from Art by Cheyne

SEASON 12 - EPISODE II
    https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

Ha, those are awesome.

By the way is anyone else watching tiger king on Netflix? It’s about a gay (self described) redneck who owns over 200 actual tigers in America. It’s absolutely insane

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Ha, those are awesome.

By the way is anyone else watching tiger king on Netflix? It’s about a gay (self described) redneck who owns over 200 actual tigers in America. It’s absolutely insane
    Watched. Nobody in that documentary came out looking good, except maybe Reinke (??...the guy with prosthetic legs). I guess the girl who’s arm got chewed off (sorry, can’t remember all the names) was mostly innocent, too.

The memes it has spawned have been legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Hey... sorry, not necessarily LGBT+ themed (other than I'm gay) but... I wanted artist help, and I searched "artists" and "artwork thread" and just came up blank. So if there is a thread for artist, please let me know.

ANYWAY... trying to play around with adding line art to some of my modeling pictures... and I'm drawing a blank. Outside of a devil/angel as a silouette, I can't think what is easy and visually accessible to add to a picture, that isn't consuming or irrelevant. If that makes sense??? Any suggestions?

Sorry, I can't help with the art advice but can I just say Smokin' Hot! I'm getting a James Dean vibe.