Page 534 of 550 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 8243

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's a typical bully move. We get angry over their bullying and they respond by saying, "What are you getting so upset about? We were just playin'." That said, simply waiting out the old ones won't work. The scenes at Charlottesville from a few years ago proved that they have a lot of young white racist bullies to succeed them.
    No the only that, but the closer my friends and I get to 50, the more of them I find parroting SOME of the reactionary right wing bullshit about Antifa or BLM - causes they still support, but are buying into some of the fearmongering aimed at suburban white people - that I have to then go in and course correct...

The rightward pull is seductive, and in the same way as cults. Prey on fears and anxieties, create a new one only you can answer, lovebomb the target, Jargon it up, explain how Glorious Leader can solve the imaginary problem plaguing the target...boom. Over enough time, you gain new members. If you’re lucky enough to be born into the cult, we’ll...you’re just fucked.

Religion is the problem here. Fundamentalist religion is 100% the primary tool used to get us here. Everything else falls into place after that.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    No the only that, but the closer my friends and I get to 50, the more of them I find parroting SOME of the reactionary right wing bullshit about Antifa or BLM - causes they still support, but are buying into some of the fearmongering aimed at suburban white people - that I have to then go in and course correct...

The rightward pull is seductive, and in the same way as cults. Prey on fears and anxieties, create a new one only you can answer, lovebomb the target, Jargon it up, explain how Glorious Leader can solve the imaginary problem plaguing the target...boom. Over enough time, you gain new members. If you’re lucky enough to be born into the cult, we’ll...you’re just fucked.

Religion is the problem here. Fundamentalist religion is 100% the primary tool used to get us here. Everything else falls into place after that.
    QFT. As George Carlin said, when it comes to bullshit stories, politicians have to stand in awe of clergymen.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

So, does anyone here watch Hallmark Christmas movies?

Looks like the Hallmark Network is keeping their word about being more inclusive.

Hallmark Reveals Christmas Movie Schedule for 2020

By Philiana Ng* September 23, 2020

Fall may have just begun, but it's never too early to start getting into the Christmas spirit! With one month left to go before Hallmark kickstarts its annual holiday programming event on Oct. 23, the network has unveiled the full movie lineup, including the complete schedule, cast lists and plot summaries for its upcoming originals.

Even amid a pandemic, Hallmark will match last year's output of original holiday films with 40, as part of Hallmark Channel's "Countdown to Christmas" and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "Miracles of Christmas." ET exclusively premieres promos for three of those new films, Hallmark Channel's Jingle Bell Bride and Chateau Christmas, as well as Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' Holly & Ivy.

Among its 40 movie premieres is The Christmas House, which will feature a main storyline about a married gay couple, played by openly gay actors Jonathan Bennett and Brad Harder, who are looking to adopt a child; a dedicated Hanukkah film, Love, Lights, Hanukkah!, about a restaurateur (Mia Kirshner) who discovers she's Jewish via a DNA test; and an increase in diverse leads. And like Lifetime (which will debut holiday movies centered on a gay couple and an Asian family), Hallmark has taken a step forward in its commitment to inclusivity within its storytelling and casting.

Cute, I love hallmark movies! They’re so cheesy but I think that’s what we need right now

My dads uncle came and visited us yesterday. He has always been uneasy with me being gay but he always treated me with respect so I never cared. he told me about a PSA they made his class watch in school. it was titled Boys Beware! I thought he was full of **** but he showed me on Youtube the very PSA he watched in the 50's. They showed it along with the hygiene and other PSA's of the time. I provided a link for anyone who wants to see it. It is amazing that something like this was ever made let alone shown to our kids. It kind of shows that even though there is more to be done we have come a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17u01_sWjRE
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My dads uncle came and visited us yesterday. He has always been uneasy with me being gay but he always treated me with respect so I never cared. he told me about a PSA they made his class watch in school. it was titled Boys Beware! I thought he was full of **** but he showed me on Youtube the very PSA he watched in the 50's. They showed it along with the hygiene and other PSA's of the time. I provided a link for anyone who wants to see it. It is amazing that something like this was ever made let alone shown to our kids. It kind of shows that even though there is more to be done we have come a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17u01_sWjRE
    Watched it. Yes we have definitely come a long way from gayness being a mental sickness and all homosexuals being molesters. Most child molesters are, of course, hetero men and the victims are girls. But there isn't nearly the paranoia about that.
    Power with Girl is better.

I remember that stupid "Boys Beware!" PSA. I saw it on YouTube for the first time a few years ago. Rolled my eyes so hard they fell out of their sockets.

Here is some really cool news. Hamilton County Ohio just elected their first openly gay Sheriff. Charmaine McGuffey won the election last night. That was super cool.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Here is some really cool news. Hamilton County Ohio just elected their first openly gay Sheriff. Charmaine McGuffey won the election last night. That was super cool.
    Especially since she beat her old boss, who had previously fired her for being an out lesbian.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Especially since she beat her old boss, who had previously fired her for being an out lesbian.
    Yes that is what makes this so great. And he did not handle it all that well.

Incredible Member

LGBTQ candidates won US elections in droves this week. Their momentum crosses borders.
    About a dozen LGBTQ candidates were elected to office across the US this week. LGBTQ politicians in other countries say these are victories for the entire world.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2020-11-...rosses-borders
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Finally some good news. Well done america

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    So, does anyone here watch Hallmark Christmas movies?

Looks like the Hallmark Network is keeping their word about being more inclusive.

Hallmark Reveals Christmas Movie Schedule for 2020

By Philiana Ng* September 23, 2020

Fall may have just begun, but it's never too early to start getting into the Christmas spirit! With one month left to go before Hallmark kickstarts its annual holiday programming event on Oct. 23, the network has unveiled the full movie lineup, including the complete schedule, cast lists and plot summaries for its upcoming originals.

Even amid a pandemic, Hallmark will match last year's output of original holiday films with 40, as part of Hallmark Channel's "Countdown to Christmas" and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "Miracles of Christmas." ET exclusively premieres promos for three of those new films, Hallmark Channel's Jingle Bell Bride and Chateau Christmas, as well as Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' Holly & Ivy.

Among its 40 movie premieres is The Christmas House, which will feature a main storyline about a married gay couple, played by openly gay actors Jonathan Bennett and Brad Harder, who are looking to adopt a child; a dedicated Hanukkah film, Love, Lights, Hanukkah!, about a restaurateur (Mia Kirshner) who discovers she's Jewish via a DNA test; and an increase in diverse leads. And like Lifetime (which will debut holiday movies centered on a gay couple and an Asian family), Hallmark has taken a step forward in its commitment to inclusivity within its storytelling and casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Cute, I love hallmark movies! They’re so cheesy but I think that’s what we need right now

I'm quoting myself (and Silvermoth) because I just found out about two other movies premiering this year, but not on Hallmark. I'm giving each one a post, so that I can post the trailers, which are on YouTube.

This holiday, everyone’s secrets are coming out. Happiest Season premieres November 25, only on Hulu.

Meeting your girlfriend’s family for the first time can be tough. Planning to propose at her family’s annual Christmas dinner — until you realize that they don’t even know she’s gay — is even harder. When Abby (Kristen Stewart) learns that Harper (Mackenzie Davis) has kept their relationship a secret from her family, she begins to question the girlfriend she thought she knew. Happiest Season is a holiday romantic comedy that hilariously captures the range of emotions tied to wanting your family’s acceptance, being true to yourself, and trying not to ruin Christmas.

Dashing in December is set to premiere on Paramount TV with simulcasts on Logo, Pop, and TV Land on December 13.

In Dashing in December from MTV Studios, Wyatt (Peter Porte), a New York City financier, connects with his roots and a handsome ranch hand on his mom’s ranch/Winter Wonderland attraction when he returns home for the holidays to try to convince her to sell the place. While visiting his mother, Deb, played by Andie MacDowell, Wyatt meets Heath (Juan Pablo Di Pace) and the attraction is palpable. Cue the Brokeback Mountain, God’s Own Country gay ranch vibe, albeit with a decidedly happier ending for all.

Trump will be out in less than two months but the long term damage is already starting to show. Indiana is pushing cases involving female couples where one was artificially inseminated and denying that the partner of the woman has the right to be legally recognized as one of the parents.

Note that, in cases of artificial insemination where it's a woman and a legally married male partner, the man is automatically listed as the father even though he biologically is not. But another woman who the inseminated woman is married to is being questioned.

It seems the Indiana Supreme Court has expressed interest in hearing the cases and push it to the U.S, Supreme Court in a long term plan to challenge the recognition of same sex marriages at all.

Biden definitely needs to be heavily pressured to increase the numbers of the Supreme Court. It's better than one woman dying and one guy who would do anything for votes pushing women's rights and gay rights back fifty years.
    Power with Girl is better.