Page 539 of 550 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh my gosh, I adored Luca. It’s my new favourite Pixar film. It’s so cute to see young people who don’t know what they are yet but that’s ok. I would love to visit the actual place it was set in one day!
    I toured Italy for sixth months, it's so beautiful and very idyllic. You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Finally. The cool thread.
    Welcome to the thread

We used to do this game on here, where a new member to thread (only if they wanted, feel NO obligation) told us:
    - hottest Disney prince/princess (dependent on your sexual preference)
    - favourite LGBT+ comic character
    - favourite real life famous LGBT+ person

You can also tell us your pronouns if you want to, but again totally fine if you don't want to, that's your journey and is unique to you.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-18-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Why did you used to?

Anyway, I guess Elsa, Iceman, and Chris Colfer.

Why did you used to?
    No reason, just fell out of the habit, I guess???

Anyway, I guess Elsa, Iceman, and Chris Colfer.
    Iceman is awesome, Elsa is awesome, Chris Colfer is awesome; all excellent picks!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Well, awesome.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Have you seen the latest update to the pride flag?

It started with the original 8 colors pink, red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, indigo and violet.

Then, pink and turquoise were removed, resulting in the 6 color stripes we know today.

Then, a black and brown stripe were added, to represent gay people of color.

Then, the black and brown stripe were moved to the left side of the flag, in an angled formation, along with the colors of the transgender pride flag.

Now, a yellow field with a purple circle has been added, to represent intersex people.

Maybe a bit off topic but “Cellar Dweller” sounds like a Teen Titans rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Have you seen the latest update to the pride flag?

Now, a yellow field with a purple circle has been added, to represent intersex people.
    I work very much on the 'live and let live' principle. I think the newer versions serve a purpose at this point in time, and is worth celebrating. But for me, I love the classic six colour rainbow flag. Both are welcome, and a beautiful tribute to our various communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I work very much on the 'live and let live' principle. I think the newer versions serve a purpose at this point in time, and is worth celebrating. But for me, I love the classic six colour rainbow flag. Both are welcome, and a beautiful tribute to our various communities.
    I have my own opinions on the rainbow flag and the whole LGBTQI grouping, but I usually keep them to myself. LOL

Maybe a bit off topic but “Cellar Dweller” sounds like a Teen Titans rogue.

I've had a few people ask about my screen name, but this is the first time I've heard it sounds like a Teen Titans rogue. Usually I'm asked if it's a connection to a horror movie of the same name. It's not.

when I lived at home with my parents, my bedroom was in the attic, but it would get blazing hot in the summer, and it cost too much to run the A/C all day. I would turn it on about an hour before bed. Because of this, my DVDs, CDs, computer, radio, and other stuff were in the cellar, and after work on hot summer days/nights, I was down there using it in the cool. So when I started using online forums, I would take the name Cellar Dweller.

Yeah it sounds a lot like it could be an alternate name for Control Freak.

I have my own opinions on the rainbow flag and the whole LGBTQI grouping, but I usually keep them to myself. LOL
    Ha! Understandable in this day and age but... also sad. As a community, we really should be THE community that is open to all ideas, and hearing people out and accepting others views and right to celebrate and identify how they want, not judging but just bringing love... but sadly, seems like the cookie did not crumble that way.

Again, at the risk of being off-topic, is there a link to this "old forum" I'm hearing about or perhaps an archive of some kind?

Ha! Understandable in this day and age but... also sad. As a community, we really should be THE community that is open to all ideas, and hearing people out and accepting others views and right to celebrate and identify how they want, not judging but just bringing love... but sadly, seems like the cookie did not crumble that way.
    I'm all for being open and being no judgement. I just sometimes feel that when an opinion is expressed, it can be taken as "my way or the highway" and that's not what I would want to put across.

and I'm talking in general, I've not had that experience here.

I'm all for being open and being no judgement. I just sometimes feel that when an opinion is expressed, it can be taken as "my way or the highway" and that's not what I would want to put across.
    Agreed. As best as we can, live and let live. It's the way forward. Specifically with the flag, tie-ing it into your earlier post, I support all forms of it BUT I have seen plenty those casting 'judgement' over anyone not using the updated one. And that's not cool. That's not what we should be about. If someone wants the updated one, love it. If someone wants the classic, love it. Or the original. Or to make their own. Rainbow the house down boots, yas gawd! But don't EVER say someone 'must' use X,Y or Z. That's so wrong. That's not a free spirit or an enlightened mind.

and I'm talking in general, I've not had that experience here.
    I... plead the fifth.

I... plead the fifth.
    I can understand that.

Agreed. As best as we can, live and let live. It's the way forward. Specifically with the flag, tie-ing it into your earlier post, I support all forms of it BUT I have seen plenty those casting 'judgement' over anyone not using the updated one. And that's not cool. That's not what we should be about. If someone wants the updated one, love it. If someone wants the classic, love it. Or the original. Or to make their own. Rainbow the house down boots, yas gawd! But don't EVER say someone 'must' use X,Y or Z. That's so wrong. That's not a free spirit or an enlightened mind.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion, and I'm not saying that this is what should be put in place, and everyone made to follow.

It seems to me that the community is too fragmented, and we are constantly adding letters, but it always stops at "lgbt". I've seen Demi Lovato call us "The Alphabet Mafia", and I've jokingly called us "The Alphabet Crew". It also seems that the 6-stripe flag is used to cover the whole community, but somehow is also assigned to gay men specifically. We also know that each subgroup has their own flag.

In my mind, the 6-stripe flag would officially be assigned to the whole community, which would then be called "The Queer Community". This would do away with the ever-growing list of letters, and automatically cover all the groups whose letters get cut off (intersex, demisexual, genderqueer, asexual, pansexual). Gay men would then need to design their own flag, to go along with all the other flags. My choice would be a white flag, with the pink triangle, point down, as a way to honor those who we lost in the camps, and to persecution and hate crimes throughout time.

I do realize that there are issues with this. Some people don't like the origins of the pink triangle, so that wouldn't be universally accepted. Also, a number of people are offended by "Queer" because of it being used as a slur against us.

Again, this is just me discussing what I've thought about - and not saying this is what EVERYONE should follow. To be honest, I decorate my apartment for Pride, and I had rainbow lights and a new rainbow flag in my windows, I opted to replace my 6-stripe one to get one that includes the black and brown stripes for gay people of color. By the time it arrived, that's when I saw the other two flags, and I wasn't going to replace a flag I just purchased. LOL