Page 55 of 550 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

a friend of mine came out, his parents essentially ignore it, they pretty much refused to address his personal life in anyway...they aren't mean or anything about it

just vacant

its weird

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Those parents are the worse.

How did everyone else's parent's take coming out to them?
    I'm not out to my parents. Well, I haven't even spoken to or seen my dad in 15 or more years, so he's kind of a moot point.

I told my sister a couple months ago though. She was very unsurprised; things haven't changed between us, so yay!
    I'm a introvert homebody who is also terribly shy so, uh, having a need to actually come out to mom is not bound to happen anytime soon. Figure I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Or say something before I realize I've said it. Probably about 50/50 chance of that happening.

Yeah, that's pretty much how my mom is too. She just doesn't really talk about me getting together with anyone, even if I don't have much of a personal life anyway, so she seems like the type who has no problem with me being gay, until she sees me with a guy. Which will probably never happen as long as I live in her house.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Id go with Johnny Backup or Johnny Headset, but I also think if Hoyer craps the bed, Manziei will get slid in there pretty quickly

and on Michael Sam....he was a projected 5th rounder who went 7th, he'll be a serviceable NFL player but I doubt hell be more than that
    See, I think he'll never be a superstar, but he's going to be one of those locker room leaders that make practices matter. On the right team, he's going to be a positive force. I'm not sure St Louis is that team because they have a lot of problems, but Sam's position is not one of them.

Reading everyone else's stories here, I realise how lucky I am. I came out to my siblings when I was in highschool (I was out in highschool too) and almost no-one ever had a problem with it. I was out at university; and got almost no shade thrown my way (even from 'stereotypical' jocks... being British helped). As for my parents, my mum kind of "forced me" to come out when I was 20, and it was great, we just gossiped about which celebrities we think are hot. I came out to my dad and aunt about 3 years ago, and they have been nothing but supportive. I even lived with them with my boyfriend for a year and we go over and stay for all holidays. Never had a problem. It's sad that I'm in the minority here of positive coming out stories. I've been very lucky.

I'm pleased about this, a) selfishly, I love his X-films and want him directing the next one, and b) he is one of THE highest profile LGBT directors. So I'm happy this is over... though (unsurprisingly) the list of people commenting now it's dismissed is far less than those so quick (and gleeful) to think the worst.

Bryan Singer accuser drops sexual abuse case
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28965206

A man who claims he was sexually abused by Bryan Singer has dropped his legal action against the X-Men film-maker. A judge in Honolulu granted Michael Egan III's petition to have the case dismissed without prejudice, allowing him to refile at a later date. Singer's request to have the case dismissed with prejudice and to make Egan pay his legal costs was rejected.

"We're pleased that it's over," said Singer's lawyer Marty Singer, who is not related to the US director. "Although we would have liked the case dismissed on merits, the fact that now it's dropped... is satisfactory." Egan, a former child model who is now 31, has accused the 48-year-old director of abusing him in Hawaii when Egan was 17. Egan previously filed three similar legal actions against other Hollywood figures, all of which were later dismissed. US district judge Susan Oki Mollway ruled that "any alleged damage to [Singer's] reputation may well be ameliorated by plaintiff's voluntary dismissal of the action".

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 08-29-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Welcome to the thread.

What are you three favourite LGBT films? And favourite LGBT couple of TV or cinema or comics or literature?
    You got me! I've been out for 30 years this year. I have a partner of 21 years. I honestly couldn't begin to tell you what some of my favourite LGBT shows, films, couples or comics or literature are. I am just happy to see that this place exists. For the longest time I assumed I was the only gay comic book collector on the planet!?

Those parents are the worse.

o
    I had a crappy experience. My mom is very into her Christianity and took it really hard and said a lot of painful things that I won't type here. She's apologized for it but it still stings to think about years later. She and I have a great and loving relationship but this is an aspect of my life that we do not talk about or acknowledge because we know someone is going to get hurt due to it. My pops also took it hard, especially as my brother and I feel out of his sons I'm the most masculine and closest to him in being active, etc. Our relationship was strained but we are great now but it's also something we don't really talk about. He's made it obvious though that he's holding out hope that I get and have a girlfriend due to me being bisexual although I've yet to tell him I've been in a serious relationship with a dude for the first time for 2 years coming next month.

My stepdad is totally cool with it and loves my bf.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I had a crappy experience. My mom is very into her Christianity and took it really hard and said a lot of painful things that I won't type here. She's apologized for it but it still stings to think about years later. She and I have a great and loving relationship but this is an aspect of my life that we do not talk about or acknowledge because we know someone is going to get hurt due to it. My pops also took it hard, especially as my brother and I feel out of his sons I'm the most masculine and closest to him in being active, etc. Our relationship was strained but we are great now but it's also something we don't really talk about. He's made it obvious though that he's holding out hope that I get and have a girlfriend due to me being bisexual although I've yet to tell him I've been in a serious relationship with a dude for the first time for 2 years coming next month.

I didn't have a difficult time per se. My dad wanted to hire the best doctors in the world to "cure" the "disease". Mom just said I love you regardless, you are my son. Mom passed away about six years after I cam out and dad, who is now pushing 86 and I have a strong relationship. He is accepting and supportive. I don't have much of a relationship with my siblings other than my youngest sister. I live in Alberta and they are all in Ontario. Life is good otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by timern View Post
    You got me! I've been out for 30 years this year. I have a partner of 21 years. I honestly couldn't begin to tell you what some of my favourite LGBT shows, films, couples or comics or literature are. I am just happy to see that this place exists. For the longest time I assumed I was the only gay comic book collector on the planet!?
    Really pleased to hear about your partner of 21 years. Even if you can't begin to list all your favourite, can you remember the first LGBT relationship you saw in media that you felt "got it"? For me it was the moment in Queer as Folk (the British, otherwise known as THE GOOD, version); when he listed all the Doctor Whos and they shared an in joke. For me, that is where it became about true love, and I felt (for the first time) seeing an LGBT relationship that connected with me, emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Thank-you for sharing this Greg, and congratulations on your upcoming 2 year anniversary. Is he a model or actor too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Really pleased to hear about your partner of 21 years. Even if you can't begin to list all your favourite, can you remember the first LGBT relationship you saw in media that you felt "got it"? For me it was the moment in Queer as Folk (the British, otherwise known as THE GOOD, version); when he listed all the Doctor Whos and they shared an in joke. For me, that is where it became about true love, and I felt (for the first time) seeing an LGBT relationship that connected with me, emotionally.
    Yes the UK Queer as Folk was a great TV series and Get Real was actually the first movie that I can remember that was all about coming out! I think the movie connected with me more than the QAF show though!

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Did you all here the stupid locker room rumors about inappropriate stares or staying in too long? It's fucking redonk.

o
    I heard ESPN did a feature on his showering habits. I didn't look for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Id go with Johnny Backup or Johnny Headset, but I also think if Hoyer craps the bed, Manziei will get slid in there pretty quickly
    and on Michael Sam....he was a projected 5th rounder who went 7th, he'll be a serviceable NFL player but I doubt hell be more than that
    I think you never really know how a player will be until they're there. Some do better than expected and some fail to live up to the hype.
    NY paid a bunch of money for Tim Tebow then never really used him.

Bryan Singer accuser drops sexual abuse case
    Well, it helps to make sure one was even in the state they are claiming an indecent occurred in.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timern View Post
    I run my own forum http://www.thecomicbookforum.com/index.php and was wondering whether or not to come out to my forum? I have always wanted an LGBT thread in the forum but wasn't sure it was something I should do? Can anyone help me here?
    That's a pretty pro-looking forum, yo. Me gusta.

If you want to but you're scared, press forward. Coming out in person is so much more difficult, so the fact that you already are? I think you got this. Start the thread and good luck to you.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0..._hp_ref=sports

ST. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Rams have cut Michael Sam, the first openly gay player drafted by an NFL team.

The 7th-round draft pick has been outspoken and confident as his progress was watched as closely as any rookie in the league. He has been cheered by athletes and celebrities. In the end, the defensive end couldn't make a team stocked with pass-rushers.

The news was first reported by ESPN.

Sam still has a chance to get picked up by another team or to make the Rams' practice squad.
    I hope somebody picks him up, maybe another team will be more willing to after seeing how he did with the Rams than might have considered him on his own.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 08-31-2014 at 12:11 AM.

BANNED

o
    Same way my best friend and best girl friend reacted: "We always thought your brother was but you weren't!"
    (My brother is a flaming heterosexual.)