Page 56 of 550 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by timern View Post
    I run my own forum http://www.thecomicbookforum.com/index.php and was wondering whether or not to come out to my forum? I have always wanted an LGBT thread in the forum but wasn't sure it was something I should do? Can anyone help me here?
    Depends on your region, depends on how people outside your forum would react [things go from social media to r/l all the time], depends on whether family members you have not told - and whom you might want to tell - might know.

You have to look out for YOU. And while embracing life, reserve your right to be self protective when needs be, and have a bit of a non emotional think about it, while paying attention to how queerfolk are treated in Russia, Slovenia, all of Eastern Europe, and how the phrase " we are now all global citizens and all neighbors" applies, and whether you want to travel in Europe, right now.

And then read When First They Came, and think about it, again.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0..._hp_ref=sports

I hope somebody picks him up, maybe another team will be more willing to after seeing how he did with the Rams than might have considered him on his own.
    This is a shame to read. Such a quick end to the first openly LGBT NFL player.

BANNED

It is worse than a shame.

Possible good news for Mr. Sam.
    He could sign with the Dallas Cowboys: http://instinctmagazine.com/post/mic...dallas-cowboys

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    He could sign with the Dallas Cowboys: http://instinctmagazine.com/post/mic...dallas-cowboys
    Oh my god, a sports team I have actually heard of!!! Fingers crossed for him. Is it wrong that the cowboy eroticness of potential photoshops pleases me?)

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Here's hoping. I guess he'll take a physical and, assuming he passes as I don't see why he wouldn't, he'll be joining their practice squad. I've been reading Dallas could use help on their defense so I hope he develops into a player they want to use.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5755586.html

I'm trying to stay positive so I thank the Rams for showing him off and will assume it was just they had too many defensive players already but his experience will show he's good to another team.

Is it wrong that the cowboy eroticness of potential photoshops pleases me?
    I have to admit what first crossed my mind was when Will from Will and Grace complained as a kid he had wanted a cowboy cake but his parents would get him a clown cake, then Grace got him a cowboy cake for his birthday and he said next year he wanted a cowboy

I have to admit what first crossed my mind was when Will from Will and Grace complained as a kid he had wanted a cowboy cake but his parents would get him a clown cake, then Grace got him a cowboy cake for his birthday and he said next year he wanted a cowboy
    My desire to post some Tom of Finland cowboy art is soooo strong right now

Save a horse, ride a cowboy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5759280.html
    Dallas Cowboys Add Michael Sam To Practice Squad

Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett addressed the signing at his regularly-scheduled press conference.

"We feel like he has a chance to come in at a position that we tried to address early throughout the offseason, throughout training camp, and compete for a spot," Garrett said. "We're bringing a player in we want to see on the practice field. We got nothing but good reports about him from people in St. Louis and we just want to give him a chance to come in see if he can help our football team."

The 2013 SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year, Sam was selected by the St. Louis Rams with the 249th pick in the seventh round of the 2014 draft. But after a solid preseason performance, the Rams left Sam off of their final 53-man roster and their practice squad. A couple of days after becoming a free agent, the Cowboys brought in the first-team All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri for a physical. He passed it on Wednesday morning.

"His track record speaks for himself. We did not draft him but like a ton of players around this league, we evaluate these guys all throughout the preseason," said Garrett. "One of the things that he got caught up in St. Louis is that they have a really good defensive line. They allocated a lot of resources to that in recent years. So our reports were that he played fairly well, it was going to be hard for him to make that team, that he handled himself well on the practice field, worked hard and all of that. So we put all of that stuff together and we felt like it was a good move for our football team right now. Not any different than bringing a number of the other guys back in on the practice squad."

BANNED

Awesome news on Michael Sam.

Yee-haw!!!

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-04-2014 at 04:36 AM.

As many steps forward, one backward.

Louisiana Gay Marriage Ban Upheld By Federal Judge

Bucking a nationwide trend, a federal judge in Louisiana upheld a state ban on same-sex marriage on Wednesday, writing that "any right to same-sex marriage is not yet so entrenched as to be fundamental" and that gay marriage was "inconceivable until very recently."

"The Court is persuaded that a meaning of what is marriage that has endured in history for thousands of years, and prevails in a majority of states today, is not universally irrational on the constitutional grid," U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman, who was appointed to the bench by President Ronald Reagan in 1983, wrote.
    Feldman said that "inconvenient questions persist" about the recognition of same-sex marriage and posed a few slippery-slope questions of his own.

"For example, must the states permit or recognize a marriage between an aunt and niece? Aunt and nephew? Brother/brother? Father and child? May minors marry? Must marriage be limited to only two people? What about a transgender spouse? Is such a union same-gender or male-female? All such unions would undeniably be equally committed to love and caring for one another, just like the plaintiffs," he wrote.

As many steps forward, one backward.

Louisiana Gay Marriage Ban Upheld By Federal Judge
    I loath bigots like this!!!

"For example, must the states permit or recognize a marriage between an aunt and niece? Aunt and nephew? Brother/brother? Father and child? May minors marry?" DO MOTHERS MARRY SONS??? DO SISTERS MARRY BROTHERS??? Why is this irrational, idiotic sentiment only aimed at gay people? Why are bigots like this allowed to serve as judges?

If a judge wants to uphold the ban, because they believe this issue needs federal action to encompass all of the states, fine. That has some merit in making the White House act, for a definitive answer. But to uphold it based of his own homophobic fallacies? This man should be stripped of his robes (figuratively).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-04-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

Thank-you for sharing this Greg, and congratulations on your upcoming 2 year anniversary. Is he a model or actor too?
    He's not, no. Medical field.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He's not, no. Medical field.
    Oh, awesome! Always handy having a medic around (since my sister became a physio, everyone is getting far better posture/lack of aches). Plus dating another actor can be hard (you want them to be talented, but not more talented than you, hot but not hotter than you, and BOTH of you don't have a stable paycheck). Thank goodness my man works in marketing #dodgedabullet
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-04-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oh, awesome! Always handy having a medic around (since my sister became a physio, everyone is getting far better posture/lack of aches). Plus dating another actor can be hard (you want them to be talented, but not more talented than you, hot but not hotter than you, and BOTH of you don't have a stable paycheck). Thank goodness my man works in marketing #dodgedabullet
    Haha! I'm actually trying to get him more into the arts and been gradually talking him into doing a bit of modeling, at least some of the artsy shoots I've done. I think he'd make a great voice actor. I haven't been pursuing acting as much for about 2 plus years now which I'm ok with.