Page 61 of 550 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Thanks so much! I'd be happy to answer those.
    Favorite LGBT film would have to be A Single Man...not only is it a great film altogether but the acting is superb.
    Such a wonderful film. I'll try and find my review I did on old-CBR (I saved them on my computer) and post it. So visually stunning, Tom Ford NEEDS to do more films. He's barely scratch the surface of his talent.

My favorite LGBT fictional character is a woman named Sheila from an old Italian film called Case of the Bloody Iris. It is never flat out confirmed by anyone whether or not she is a lesbian but she makes it very obvious, and since the movie is about crime/murder it can be assumed that her actions were the motivation for the murders, because one of the first victims was a call girl that was going to meet with her.
    I've never heard of this, I'll need to look it up. Thank-you for this, it's exactly why we do these questions, to bring new information for us to consume (in a good way)

Favorite LGBT couple is Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his partner (forgot the name) ... I saw a video they made on marriage equality, or something of that nature, and they seem like a cute couple.
    LOVE Mitch and Cam! They are a brilliant LGBT couple. Probably my second favourite after Billy&Teddy (with Kurt&Blaine coming in third). I love that they posted a pro-marriage picture on twitter, and three years later got their marriage in a glorious 2-part episode (that was HI-LARIOUS!!!)

Favorite LGBT real life person: I have so many, but Anna Paquin is the only one that comes to mind right now
    Hope those were good answers!
    Wonderful answers, and Anna Paquin is a good choice (and just makes Singer's LGBT cast even more wonderful, with McKellan, Cumming, Paige and Paquin).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-26-2014 at 02:40 AM.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Yo, Kieran, how much of a theater buff are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dxxlXufFkY
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

A SINGLE MAN (2009)
    director. Tom Ford
    writer. based on the novel of the same name
    Starring: Colin Firth [nom.], Nicholas Hoult, Matthew Goode and Julianne Moore

My overriding thought was I can’t decide if the directing was bold and original, or unnecessarily arty and overly complicated. It certainly takes time to get used to, whichever it is; and as a first, fledging effort; fashion designer Tom Ford does take some bold risks. The film is carried by a towering performance by Colin Firth. Not as instantly emotive and captivating as his Oscar winning turn in the King’s Speech (2010); but one that contains possibly deeper underlying pain. As a gay man during the Cuba Missile Crises, who’s lover of 13 years has just died in a car accident; Firth carries his grief with him throughout, like an invisible chain attached to an immovable pillar. The entire cast deliver, but this is Firth’s film, and he is mesmerising.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: A-]

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Yo, Kieran, how much of a theater buff are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dxxlXufFkY
    I am indeed a big theatre buff; but I'm not a massive fan of that song, sadly. But a friend of mine in New York was at a party where BOTH Alan Cumming and Joel Grey spontaneously duetted "If You Could See Her...". It sounded EPIC!!!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-26-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Unhappy

I actually thought the photos were a mistake, meant for another story, until I read it...

Serbia Gay Pride march returns after four years
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29399404

Serbia's first Gay Pride march for four years has been held in the capital Belgrade, amid massive security, including special forces and tanks. Waving rainbow flags, hundreds took the short march through empty streets.

Authorities had cancelled the event every year since marchers were attacked in 2010 - nine years after Gay Pride was first held in Belgrade. Serbia is keen to show increasing tolerance as it seeks to join the EU, the BBC's Guy De Launey says.

Keeping Brussels happy is undoubtedly the motivation for allowing the Gay Pride march to go ahead, our correspondent in Belgrade says. Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic had announced he would not attend the event due to prior engagements - but also made it clear he would not have gone even if he had been free. Our correspondent says that reflects widespread feelings in Serbia.

The patriarch of the influential Orthodox Church has condemned the event. Two-thirds of respondents to a survey four years ago said they viewed homosexuality as a disease.

I feel we should discuss this. He won't be added to the comic, BUT if this happens, he could possibly be the most famous LGBT character in any media inspired by comics to be LGBT. Which is pretty news worthy!

The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus reveals his character is ‘prison gay’
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/09/25...is-prison-gay/

The Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus has partially confirmed rumours about his character Daryl’s sexuality this week, revealing he has been playing him as “prison gay.” Following an announcement by the show’s co-creator Scott M Gimple last month that a gay character would be joining the cast, Reedus has commented on popular fan speculation that his character, Daryl Dixon, might be closeted.

Speaking to GQ magazine, he revealed he has been playing Daryl as in denial about his sexuality since the start of the second season, after the show’s creator an original showrunner Frank Darabont pitched him the idea at a party. He said: “I remember [talking to] Frank Darabont, after the first season – we were at a party in LA. “He said, ‘I’ve got an idea for Daryl. He’s gay. Would you be interested in that?’ I was like, ‘Let me hear you out.’ He said, ‘Well, he’s prison gay. Like, you’ll catch him looking at a member of the same sex, but if you mention it to him, he’ll just stab you and be like, What the fuck? He will never admit it.’ I was like, ‘That’ll blow minds – let’s do that.'”

Reedus added: “He’s definitely not a ladies’ man or thinks of himself as having enough confidence to be that type of person. “I want to play him searching for confidence, not full of confidence, you know what I mean? I like all the little things that are awkward … I would rather play him like not somebody that’s got cool-guy moves or anything like that.”

Daryl – one of the show’s main character’s – has only had close friendships with women on the show, not romantic relationships. The comics on which the show is based feature several gay characters. Dixon’s character, however, is not present in the comics.

Last edited by thespianphryne; 09-29-2014 at 10:56 AM.

So important.

Also interesting to note the use of "prison gay" not to refer to situational sexuality, but a deep-rooted denial.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

He/him/his pronouns.

So important.

Also interesting to note the use of "prison gay" not to refer to situational sexuality, but a deep-rooted denial.
    At first glance I thought situational sexuality was what it meant... but when I read It I was like "Oh" ..

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick1010 View Post
    At first glance I thought situational sexuality was what it meant... but when I read It I was like "Oh" ..
    Situational sexuality in a zombie apocalypse would be interesting to explore. If there're significantly less people in the world, is a person you'd normally just be friends with now looking like a potential lover?

He/him/his pronouns.

I was always rooting for him to get with Carol...But it seems like that ship has pretty much sailed, and I like the idea of him being gay more.

It would be totally plausible & believable.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Maybe it's how little old ladies and drag queens seem similar to me in how bold they are fashion-wise (with little old ladies having more life experience) but I would really like to see Advanced Style which is about elderly fashionistas.
    "I'm dressed up for the theater of my life"
    "I don't want to look young, I want to look good"

Situational sexuality in a zombie apocalypse would be interesting to explore. If there're significantly less people in the world, is a person you'd normally just be friends with now looking like a potential lover?
    I think it might definitely depend on just how limited someone's options would be... i wonder if I could be situationally straight ?.... hmmmm.... perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Maybe it's how little old ladies and drag queens seem similar to me in how bold they are fashion-wise (with little old ladies having more life experience) but I would really like to see Advanced Style which is about elderly fashionistas.
    "I'm dressed up for the theater of my life"
    "I don't want to look young, I want to look good"
    All this made me think of is RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 NEEDS a challenge where they have to make themselves OLD drag queens. How hilarious would that be?

BANNED

Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) on Agents of Shield couldn't be more stereotypically camp gay if he tried.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

For some strange reason I have been gifted a subscription to Maxim magazine. I'm not sure how I got on their list, the only subscription I have is to Better Homes and Gardens. That should tell them I am not a man they are looking for. Mind you there was a double page ad for "Gotham" in the front interior but nothing I was into beyond that. Even the fashion was just GQ stuff. Not my style. I used to get Complex (Mark Ecko's magazine) for free too and never knew why. That at least had a skater/hiphop vibe to it and the girl section as more on the "flip" side. Weird. I went to Maxim's site and emailed them it was a waste of their resources.

I think it might definitely depend on just how limited someone's options would be... i wonder if I could be situationally straight ?.... hmmmm.... perhaps
    Well, one could say that the gay people in straight marriages are/were situationally straight. And there are gay people who try straight relations just to make sure.

I would suck in a zombie apocalypse if they expected me to birth kids. HELL. NO. So while I could deal with the straight sex, I couldn't with the actual point of having straight sex in that situation.

So fyi, don't depend on me for the survival of the human race.