Page 98 of 550 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 8245
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I was trying to think of black characters in the prequels and I completely forgot about Mace Windu or Adi. And I actually like the prequels.

Another TV series to add to Kieran's list (per Tumblr):
    Glue, which features Tommy Knight aka Luke Smith aka Sarah Jane Smith's adopted son who would have been revealed as gay had the series not prematurely ended aka my biggest crush when I was 14/15 aka that guy from Waterloo Road getting just a little intimate with another guy. Man, if 14 year old me were around today...
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    With the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer that just dropped, do you guys & gals think we'll see some LGBT characters in these new films?
    Heck, maybe one of the new main characters could be. (though, with Hollywood, I doubt it)
    Based on JJ Abrams (continued) lack of LGBT characters (on any level) in Star Trek, based on his nearly absent LGBT characters in Lost (and none of the 24 main cast members) and based on Disney's lack of LGBT characters in Marvel... I'm gonna go with:

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I was trying to think of black characters in the prequels and I completely forgot about Mace Windu or Adi. And I actually like the prequels.

Another TV series to add to Kieran's list (per Tumblr):
    Glue, which features Tommy Knight aka Luke Smith aka Sarah Jane Smith's adopted son who would have been revealed as gay had the series not prematurely ended aka my biggest crush when I was 14/15 aka that guy from Waterloo Road getting just a little intimate with another guy. Man, if 14 year old me were around today...
    That was a weird show. It started off well, had a really interesting gay storyline about gays in the Traveller community but then made it weird by having it be an illegal 14/18 gay relationship that was incredibly dodgy regarding child sexual exploitation and praying on the vulnerable. I really hated the show by the end.

It also had a naked Tommy Knight bit, while he was dead.....so naked, dead, 'under age' penis on display. Very weird.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Because his name is being floated around about possibly singing the next Bond song (which would make him the first openly LGBT artist to do so????)...

Sam Smith nabs Grammy nominations
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30345905
    British artists have scooped several nominations for the 2015 Grammys, as the shortlist for the ceremony's 83 categories starts to trickle out. Sam Smith, who topped the BBC's Sound of 2014 in January, is nominated for best pop album and record of the year, for the gospel-tinged Stay With Me. He is also likely to be up for best new artist and song of the year. UK acts Coldplay, Ed Sheeran and Charli XCX are also nominees, alongside Pharrell Williams and Beyonce. The shortlisted acts are being announced throughout the day on 5 December, in a number of diverse categories including comedy, Hawaiian music and best surround sound album.
    [MORE IN LINK]

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

In a world where awareness of sexuality is coming younger and younger, it's terrible to find that as are suicides out of homophobia. The concept of suicide is something we associate with the adult world or the troubled teen - not the pre-teen. All these preconceived notions of what is 'male' and what is 'female' needs to stop.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Because his name is being floated around about possibly singing the next Bond song (which would make him the first openly LGBT artist to do so????)...

British artists have scooped several nominations for the 2015 Grammys, as the shortlist for the ceremony's 83 categories starts to trickle out. Sam Smith, who topped the BBC's Sound of 2014 in January, is nominated for best pop album and record of the year, for the gospel-tinged Stay With Me. He is also likely to be up for best new artist and song of the year. UK acts Coldplay, Ed Sheeran and Charli XCX are also nominees, alongside Pharrell Williams and Beyonce. The shortlisted acts are being announced throughout the day on 5 December, in a number of diverse categories including comedy, Hawaiian music and best surround sound album.
    [MORE IN LINK]

I dont really like Sam Smith.

I'd much rather listen to Eli Lieb (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1o...jIjnenziaLXtlw) or Matt Fishel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoE...CJkuxQXxSUmpzA)

Also gay singers, also amazing, and in the case of Eli soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot

In a world where awareness of sexuality is coming younger and younger, it's terrible to find that as are suicides out of homophobia. The concept of suicide is something we associate with the adult world or the troubled teen - not the pre-teen. All these preconceived notions of what is 'male' and what is 'female' needs to stop.
    This is so sad; the school really should have done more (because from their comments I get the impression they didn't do anything). Your article link had even more on gay teenagers suicide...

Gay youth four times more likely to attempt suicide
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/07/31...tempt-suicide/

Charity tells MPs: 44% of LGBT youngsters have considered suicide
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/11/05...dered-suicide/

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd much rather listen to Eli Lieb (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1o...jIjnenziaLXtlw) or Matt Fishel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoE...CJkuxQXxSUmpzA)
    Also gay singers, also amazing, and in the case of Eli soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot
    Firstly, shame on you for mentioning hotness without posting a picture [FIXED IT FOR YOU] Secondly, even Sam Smith might not be famous enough to grab a Bond song (the other two stand no chance). I'm not saying he's my first choice (if I was in-charge, I'd get Dame Shirley Bassey to do the new one; she IS Bond); but I'd also be happy to see the first openly LGBT person sing a Bond song (who has a genuine shot).

These are SO FUN!!!!

Artists paints a Disney world of LGBT characters, here are our favourites
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/08/07...ur-favourites/

If Disney were to introduce one, I'd expect it would not be as lead although could still be main cast. As I said a couple of pages back though, the tendency will always be towards heterosexual leads because if they do feature them, they're alienating more homophobic countries like Russia who could represent a good profit margin.
    That's so sad about Russia. I could also see it not sitting well with China, which is a HUGE market for films too.

But, as a writer, it makes me eager to want to break the glass ceiling. Maybe not for Disney (even if I do have a kickass idea for a Disney Princess), but for television (as of now, I'm more a novelist *cough* unpublished *cough*, but television is another industry I'd love to break into.) For the television, I also have another idea, which may or may not be a kickass idea for a bi LEAD. You know, just to show the world that bisexuals do exist.

Based on JJ Abrams (continued) lack of LGBT characters (on any level) in Star Trek, based on his nearly absent LGBT characters in Lost (and none of the 24 main cast members) and based on Disney's lack of LGBT characters in Marvel... I'm gonna go with:
    I would have thought Lost had at least one LGBT character. Usually ensemble shows like that manage to sneak (it's sad that writers still have to do that) a few in.
    Maybe the new Captain Marvel or Black Panther films will have an LGBT character in the main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I'd much rather listen to Eli Lieb

My mom loves Sam Smith. I don't really keep up-to-date with music, but from what little I've heard of him, he sounds good.

Eli is pretty good looking though.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

based on his nearly absent LGBT characters in Lost (and none of the 24 main cast members)
    I'd count "Tom Friendly" as a main character.

he was in at least 20 episodes, and sure he was not a "good" guy..but he WAS a main character.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

I would have thought Lost had at least one LGBT character. Usually ensemble shows like that manage to sneak (it's sad that writers still have to do that) a few in.
    Apparently the show only had three LGBT characters (Sawyer's ex girlfriend - one episode, Tom's boyfriend - one episode, and Tom Friendly - 18 episodes). Tom was the only LGBT character of any importance (also the only LGBT character to get a last name and any story focus; though his LGBT status was only shown in one episode in a flashback/flashforward?).

Maybe the new Captain Marvel or Black Panther films will have an LGBT character in the main cast.
    Do either character have any LGBT supporting cast in the comics?

My mom loves Sam Smith. I don't really keep up-to-date with music, but from what little I've heard of him, he sounds good.
    Eli is pretty good looking though.
    Scooped 5 Gramma nominations yesterday which is awesome; maybe he IS big enough now to nab a Bond song?

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    I'd count "Tom Friendly" as a main character.
    he was in at least 20 episodes, and sure he was not a "good" guy..but he WAS a main character.
    http://lost.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Characters
    Sadly, he was never made main cast (i.e. appeared listed as a "main cast character" in the opening credits). He was only ever a guest star. The show had 28 main cast members over the six seasons; none of them Tom Friendly.

BANNED

[MORE IN LINK]

My girlfriend's cousin is his road manager.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Charmed, not that one is enough, obviously, but there is a show on Netflix called "Lost Girl" that-- while I haven't had time to check it out myself-- I hear has a bisexual female lead.

I read this last night. Couldn't process it.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Firstly, shame on you for mentioning hotness without posting a picture [FIXED IT FOR YOU] Secondly, even Sam Smith might not be famous enough to grab a Bond song (the other two stand no chance). I'm not saying he's my first choice (if I was in-charge, I'd get Dame Shirley Bassey to do the new one; she IS Bond); but I'd also be happy to see the first openly LGBT person sing a Bond song (who has a genuine shot).

Ooooooooh Eli

Love his covers, and his original songs. I urge everyone to look him up and listen.

So... a shameless plug, but I think some of ya'll would like this, lol...

So I'm in my very first calendar. I'm Mr. May for Hunks4Hope 2015. Hunks4Hope is an organization helping to raise funds to donate to charities and victims of domestic violence. I've been very fortunate to be a part of it. This is me with the amazing front woman of the cause, Lila Green, a survivor of domestic abuse.

You can get a calendar at http://www.hunks4hope.com/

And I also make my first magazine appearance in the new issue of Alpha Fashion Magazine

http://www.joomag.com/en/newsstand/a...16001415688454