Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman Comixology Sale - over 1,000 comics for 99 cents each

Batman 1000 Sale

For any of you digital readers out there - Comixology is running a "Batman 1000 Sale".

The sale includes some of the New 52 Bat-books (including issues of Grayson, "Burnside" Batgirl, and Gotham Academy) as well as older Bat-books.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I saw that this morning and there looks to be some really fun stuff there. Looks like I might be spending a bit on some of these.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 09-22-2015 at 09:10 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Give me a recommendation for any of the PRE New 52 titles that on in this sale. 1993 Robin? Nightwing? Batgirl?

I was hoping to see a thread about this here. Thanks to op. Can anyone recommend any of the old issues of Batman or Detective comics? Is Cassington Cains Batgirl or Tim Drakes Robin worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Give me a recommendation for any of the PRE New 52 titles that on in this sale. 1993 Robin? Nightwing? Batgirl?
    Dixon's Nightwing (#1-70), Tomasi's Nightwing (#140-153), Dini's Detective Comics, Snyder's Detective Comics (#871-881), Gates of Gotham, Morrison's run (#655-658, 663-683, 700-702), Long Halloween, Dark Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I was hoping to see a thread about this here. Thanks to op. Can anyone recommend any of the old issues of Batman or Detective comics? Is Cassington Cains Batgirl or Tim Drakes Robin worth getting?
    Cassandra's series is a must have.

Spectacular Member

Glad to hear it Nevets, I'll probably have to nab some of her books. They've been on my to read list for years.

Edit: I didn't realize her series went on for so long. Any particularly good stories or do you recommend jumping in at the beginning?
    Last edited by Docz; 09-22-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'd recommend reading Batman and the Monster Men and Batman and the Mad Monk, if you haven't. Really great fun Year One-era reads. Man, I want Wagner to write and draw more Batman.

Read any of LOTDK up to #54 you haven't read:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman...he_Dark_Knight
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Can anyone recommend any of the old issues of Batman or Detective comics?
    You should take a look at this thread:
    http://classiccomics.boards.net/thre...eviews-shaxper
    It's an attempt to review every Batman story published in (or critical to) his core titles since Batman #300, although it has reached around Batman 460 so far. Still a long way to go, but it covers an excellent time for Batman. In the front page you have a list of highlights which can serve as an excellent shopping list from the 1978-1991 era.
    Last edited by db105; 09-22-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I loved the 93 Robin series!

Edit: Looking at this just made me realize what a great series Legends of the Dark Knight used to be. Shaman, Gothic, Prey, Venom, Going Sane are all fantastic stories.
    Last edited by Batmil; 09-22-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Cassandra's series is a must have.
    Damn you auto correct! Thanks for the recommendation. I bought the first 10 issues to see if I like it. I also picked up a few issues of Gotham Academy. The Dickbats stuff and Batman The Cult. My finger slipped and I also bought ASBAR

BANNED

I haven't found it, does anyone know if the Year One: Batman/Scarecrow mini is on Comixology? Or the collection with Two-Face?

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I haven't found it, does anyone know if the Year One: Batman/Scarecrow mini is on Comixology? Or the collection with Two-Face?
    I haven't seen them, Ra's al Ghul or Four of a Kind (or the Annuals it reprints).

Everyone should get Robin 46, but don't read the description. Just trust me on this.

PSA: They just put a bunch of trades on sale as well, all for $3.99