Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: Guggenheim Puts Overlooked Mutants On "X-Tinction Agenda's" Frontlines

"X-Tinction Agenda" writer Marc Guggenheim answers reader questions about his X-Men-centric "Secret Wars" series for Marvel.

Full article here.

BANNED

This SW side book has been alright, but in the end like most of the X-related SW X-books they've been over all underwhelming.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    This SW side book has been alright, but in the end like most of the X-related SW X-books they've been over all underwhelming.
    I remember when the X-titles used to carry Marvel-wide crossovers. Now the characters are just a sign off. The times have changed.

What was that stuff about bringing some X-Men from the time of the "Giant-Size X-Men" to the "present"? Does it play any role in the story? Was it needed? Is it even noticeable that some characters are from the past if they hadn't told it in an interview? How many readers remember the single time it was mentioned in the second issue? For that matter, does the author remember it??
    Last edited by Narasinha; 09-22-2015 at 01:17 PM.

BANNED

It plays no role in the story. This series has been vaguely entertaining, but it's not that great. And please don't let him write an x-book EVER if his team is going to be Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Hank McCoy, Psylocke, and Ink. Barfola.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    It plays no role in the story (...) And please don't let him write an x-book EVER if his team is going to be...
    So Guggenheim is just trying to best Bendis at his own game?? Don't let him write _anything_ if that's his only motivation.

If one of the characters is named Bombshell, does that mean we won't have 1610 Bombshell, how many heroes share the same name that isn't the result of being a legacy character or b/c another character is not using it or the character is not being used. Like he could have done some research and/or renamed her Firecracker or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    So Guggenheim is just trying to best Bendis at his own game?? Don't let him write _anything_ if that's his only motivation.
    oh jeezz.......Is quite good series that earned more point(to me at least) by beng drawn by Carmine di Giandomenico.
    The story is exactly what it say. A continuation of the old X-tinction Agenda. and he really used near all the spectrum of second list X-men and mutants. Thats awesome.
    Enjoy it becasue we won't see them for long time.
    But alas. Is impossible to please Internet fandom

BANNED

For the record, I love the art and I mostly love the cast. It's a decent idea, but I think Secret Wars in general is pretty awful. I don't particularly care about these Alt.U stories honestly. It's a fun romp, and it is good to see so many characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    oh jeezz.......Is quite good series that earned more point(to me at least) by beng drawn by Carmine di Giandomenico.
    The story is exactly what it say. A continuation of the old X-tinction Agenda. and he really used near all the spectrum of second list X-men and mutants. Thats awesome.
    Enjoy it becasue we won't see them for long time.
    But alas. Is impossible to please Internet fandom
    It's not that: Why the heck introduce a major plot, like bringing some characters from the past to the present, if you don't plan to follow it up, much less resolve it?

As a punishement, those writers should be forced to write only stuff following Aristotle's three unities rule: Unity of time, unity of space and unity of action. Especialy the unity of action (there should be no side stories or subplots that did not directly contribute to the story).

E is for Extinction or X-Men 92' or go home.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Thank you for including my question and thank Guggenheim for answering the question. I found the answer quite interesting and hope that didn't put him in any trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Seems like the only book giving a version of Rachel any love.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    For the record, I love the art and I mostly love the cast. It's a decent idea, but I think Secret Wars in general is pretty awful. I don't particularly care about these Alt.U stories honestly. It's a fun romp, and it is good to see so many characters.
    I did read some other posts you submitted lately and came to wonder this: What DO you like about X-Men comics? All I read from you seems to be unhappyness about the X-books lately.

So what makes you happy?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I should have asked if Rachel failed her city