View Poll Results: How do you feel about the reboot?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm excited for it

4 44.44%
  • I'm not looking forward to it

3 33.33%
  • Undecided/Need more info

1 11.11%
  • Mixed feelings

1 11.11%
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Default How do you feel about the Ben 10 reboot coming in 2017?

I wanted to get some data on how fans of the series feel about the upcoming reboot, at least from CBR. According to this interview from July, Man of Action (who is comprised of four comic book writers and artists we all may know) has the most creative control over the series than ever before. Instead of just being consulted or being just writers on it, they'll be the ones in charge of it.

So it has a higher chance of being tonally similar to the first Ben 10 series.

But still, if you're a fan of the franchise what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by thecrimson; 09-23-2015 at 12:52 PM.

I enjoyed the whole run, so I'll be waiting to see what happens.
    Brilliant, it all makes perfect nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by madder_hat View Post
    I enjoyed the whole run, so I'll be waiting to see what happens.
    Personally I'm excited, but also feel it's coming too soon.

It definitely feels too soon. The original Ben 10 show only started airing just about 10 years ago and now they're completely starting everything over again? I liked Ben10 okay as a child -- it had heart and a fairly interesting cast of characters. I also appreciated the lack of need to make the protagonist, Ben Tennyson, "likeable" in the traditional manner -- it made him feel far more like a real kid who got to save the world, which in turn made for far more interesting television. All things said, I'm uncertain how to feel.

BANNED

Honestly, Ben 10 got worse from show to show, when they reboot it, I don't see anything good coming out of it, someone obviously lost track of what made this show good years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stahlflamme View Post
    Honestly, Ben 10 got worse from show to show, when they reboot it, I don't see anything good coming out of it, someone obviously lost track of what made this show good years ago.
    Don't really agree there. I don't think anything was wrong with the show as it kept going. As for the reboot, the folks who originally came up with the concept and worked on the first show are the ones in charge of it now (Man of Action, that four man team). From Alien Force onward, they sorta just consulted on the show and did a bit of writing. This time they have more creative control over it, so it's probably going to feel a lot like the original Ben 10.

Man of Action being in charge does not assuage me on the quality of the reboot, considering their work on Marvel Animation in recent time, even if they did create Ben 10 in the first place.

I just hope that, if anything, this reboot harkens back to the feel of the original series and keeps what worked about it while also updating it in a sensible way (maybe). My biggest fear is that they take Ben 10 and just turn it into the new Teen Titans Go .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man of Action being in charge does not assuage me on the quality of the reboot, considering their work on Marvel Animation in recent time, even if they did create Ben 10 in the first place.

I just hope that, if anything, this reboot harkens back to the feel of the original series and keeps what worked about it while also updating it in a sensible way (maybe). My biggest fear is that they take Ben 10 and just turn it into the new Teen Titans Go .
    Still, Man of Action has done plenty of good work. Their Marvel stuff isn't...the best, but it's not complete garbage either. Plus I don't see where everyone is getting the Teen Titans Go comparisons. Teen Titans Go, from the start, is meant to be a comedic spin-off show with no real connection to the previous show or comics besides using the same characters and actors; it's no reboot. Ben 10's reboot on the other hand has no mention of taking it and making it a less serious, more comedic show.

Also TTG? I don't find it bad at all, besides a few cringe episodes. I loved the previous cartoon and I love the characters, but I can enjoy the spin-off because that's all it is.
    Last edited by thecrimson; 09-24-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I see the Ben 10 Series as being like transformers, so i don't really mind the reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I see the Ben 10 Series as being like transformers, so i don't really mind the reboot
    Ben Tennyson, more than meets the eye.

Amazing Member

Gotta have Rath!

God, let it die already. Only the first show was good.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by doc chaos View Post
    Gotta have Rath!
    With his original voice, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    God, let it die already. Only the first show was good.
    Eh, I gotta disagree with that.