Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel.com Interviews Mike Costa And David Baldeon about Web Warriors

Feel bad that Anya didn't get a mention and still annoyed that Gwen is going to be the focus character. It is cool to see Noir back in action.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Is Mayday a member of the team?

And finally, Spider-Gwen is the closest thing we have to a POV character. Out of all of them, she’s the most “traditional” super hero: a girl who puts on a suit and goes out to fight crime, then goes home to live her life. In the first issue, she bonds with Mayday Parker of the MC2 universe over that shared experience. In a very real way, the two of them have the most in common on the team, even as their personalities are incredibly different. Mayday isn’t entirely sold on the idea of the team, and going forward their relationship will be one of the most crucial in the book.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

And finally, Spider-Gwen is the closest thing we have to a POV character. Out of all of them, she’s the most “traditional” super hero: a girl who puts on a suit and goes out to fight crime, then goes home to live her life.
    Excluding UK and Ham, isn't that the same for all of them before secret wars/spider-verse?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Is Mayday a member of the team?
    Guess she's back on the team(as originally intended) now that her Secret Wars arc is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Excluding UK and Ham, isn't that the same for all of them before secret wars/spider-verse?
    Yes but Marvel's on a Gwen kick at the moment.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

OH MY GOD!

Please don't tell me they dropped Anya from the team! Either way, if she wasn't dropped, is pretty clear that she won't be a main character. She'll just be there at Billy's side. She'l have no personality, and her defining characteristic will be "Here with Billy".

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

If Anya isn't on the team than I'll just not get the series. She's the main reason I'm interested in Web Warriors.

Her being used for multiple promotions for it and being a pov character in the secret wars tie-in as well as being a founding member only to be cut would be too much of an insult for me.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 09-22-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Feel bad that Anya didn't get a mention and still annoyed that Gwen is going to be the focus character. It is cool to see Noir back in action.
    Seriously, she's getting the short end of the stick.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Seriously, she's getting the short end of the stick.
    Yeah prolly would've picked up if she was getting the attention. This over saturation of spider-gwen is so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    Yeah prolly would've picked up if she was getting the attention. This over saturation of spider-gwen is so annoying
    Situation reminds me strongly of Eddie Brock/Venom and Punisher back in the 1990s, both characters would eventually burn out the audience due to overuse.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Situation reminds me strongly of Eddie Brock/Venom and Punisher back in the 1990s, both characters would eventually burn out the audience due to overuse.
    One solo title and one team title isn't overuse though. Punisher had three solo titles to himself at one point. That's overuse.

That and Wolverine being in 10 titles at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    One solo title and one team title isn't overuse though. Punisher had three solo titles to himself at one point. That's overuse.

That and Wolverine being in 10 titles at once.
    Point but why make Gwen POV when you already have Anya who for her, this is the only title she's in?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Point but why make Gwen POV when you already have Anya who for her, this is the only title she's in?
    Because Gwen is more popular. More people care about her than Anya. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Because Gwen is more popular. More people care about her than Anya. Plain and simple.
    ...Sigh. I have no counter to that.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.