102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i will

52 50.98%
  • Nope

38 37.25%
  • 50/50

12 11.76%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

It's only a conclusion to the greatest Batman stories ever written from a legend of the industry, a genre redefining creator ...so yeah, this is literally the most interesting a comic book can get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Batman and Frank Miller have never been big sellers.

Can anyone think of the last time Miller, or Miller on Batman, was in the top ten of a sales chart?

That's why this is the only thread about this or Miller or Batman on all of CBR.
    Wasn`t the launch of DKR2 a top seller?

Anyhow, it`s not about big sales. It`s about impact in the industry from said creators and said work. That alone builds the hype, they only need to give, give and give for potential buyers to eat everything.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

A Frank Miller story is a no for me but that page of art I saw tweeted the other day was gorgeous so who knows. Comics are a visual medium after all.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Batman and Frank Miller have never been big sellers.

Can anyone think of the last time Miller, or Miller on Batman, was in the top ten of a sales chart?

That's why this is the only thread about this or Miller or Batman on all of CBR.
    The first issue of DKSA was a ridiculously high seller, outpacing all other comics sold that year. On a personal note, it's the only time I can remember a line outside my LCS curling around the block. (I think it was Warren Ellis who questioned if Frank would have gotten that response for his then-planned biography of Jesus, prompting Ellis to say that Batman is bigger than Jesus and we live in world we deserve.)

The first issue of Hard Boiled was a major event way back when, but not compared to things like the Death of Superman or Knightfall.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    The first issue of DKSA was a ridiculously high seller, outpacing all other comics sold that year. On a personal note, it's the only time I can remember a line outside my LCS curling around the block. (I think it was Warren Ellis who questioned if Frank would have gotten that response for his then-planned biography of Jesus, prompting Ellis to say that Batman is bigger than Jesus and we live in world we deserve.)

The first issue of Hard Boiled was a major event way back when, but not compared to things like the Death of Superman or Knightfall.
    I really thought everyone would be able to tell I was being absurd. Of course Frank Miller has been a bestseller before. And, Batman. And Miller Batman has been a bestseller in trades on Amazon since Amazon started tracking that stuff. Miller Batman has never not sold.

Miller, really, has never not sold. For all the superhero-only readers who like to pretend Sin City is something no one's ever heard of, it always did respectable numbers and, hey, two feature films that are super close adaptations instead of just new stories with a character you can slap on a zillion pieces of merchandise.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Amazing Member

I don't buy floppies for limited series but I'm getting the collected edition for sure.

BANNED

Yes, I like Kubert's art and I'll give Miller a chance.