102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i will

52 50.98%
  • Nope

38 37.25%
  • 50/50

12 11.76%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Yes, and it cannot come out soon enough.. the additions of B. Azzarello and Andy Kubert only sweeten the deal. If im remembering correctly, isnt Janson inking this (or parts of it?).

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Yes and I've already pre-ordered the hardback edition for #1 issue. Between this and Europa, it's the most excited for Batbooks I have been since Morrison left.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Nope.
    The All-Star Batman scars haven't healed yet.
    I've often said that the problem with All-Star isn't Miller so much as Lee. Miller's telling a crazy, over-the-top story, and Lee draws it completely straight. If it had been illustrated by, say, Sergio Aragones, we'd be hailing it as a masterpiece. But Lee made it look like any other superhero comic, and it's not any other superhero comic.

I will be getting it with caution, I do not want to prejudge based off previous work but if its just another Crazy Batman story where Superman, Wonder Woman, and Dick Grayson (He dead so I assume he won't be around but they may mention him) are treated like trash then I will drop it.

TDKR and Year one are great. And All star is hilarious so why not?

Getting #1 to see if it's good or funny won't hurt me.

I'm not a fan of Jim Lee's by a long stretch, but I thought he did the work of his career on ASBAR. He managed to loosen up a bit and lose his usual stiffness. I'm not saying another artists wouldn't have been better, but I don't think Lee hurt it too badly.

I think Aragones would have been a bad fit for the more serious bits. Bill Seinkeiwicz would have been great.

Incredible Member

I definitely will.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I've often said that the problem with All-Star isn't Miller so much as Lee. Miller's telling a crazy, over-the-top story, and Lee draws it completely straight. If it had been illustrated by, say, Sergio Aragones, we'd be hailing it as a masterpiece. But Lee made it look like any other superhero comic, and it's not any other superhero comic.
    Lee's straight art fits if you take it as how Batman would act in the real world.
    BB

I will a year and a half from now, when it comes out in paperback.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Of course I will...its a BM comic

Nah. Not a fan of Miller's treatment of, well, anyone. Can't bring myself to read about the batman that starved a child in a cave to produce a child soldier rather than having compassion and taking care of him. I prefer comic book heroes to be heroes.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Nah. Not a fan of Miller's treatment of, well, anyone. Can't bring myself to read about the batman that starved a child in a cave to produce a child soldier rather than having compassion and taking care of him. I prefer comic book heroes to be heroes.
    No children starved in All-Star. He went to sleep hungry, yes. He woke up to a cheeseburger prepared by an excellent cook.

And, the kid brought him back to compassion. The kid reminded him to be caring, to be human. That's the point. Batman needed a Robin to give him responsibility and to remind him the value of being gentler.

A process that took all of about two days.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    No children starved in All-Star. He went to sleep hungry, yes. He woke up to a cheeseburger prepared by an excellent cook.
    LOL!! Oh man, you made me laugh when I read your reply

But I agree with dropkickjake in that AS Batman and Robin was garbage. And not even Lee's pretty art could salvage that book. Batman calling Robin a "punk" and so out of character throughout. It's too bad that it couldn't have been as good as AS Superman
    Last edited by The Whovian; 09-25-2015 at 06:50 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Oh yeah definitely. It has to be Batman taking out Superman and Wonder Woman's corrupted children? Oh man, he's going break Supermans Jaw.

Spectacular Member

Miller is in really poor health. I question how much input he really has in this thing. 8 issues is really pushing it too. The original series weren't even that long. This is a quick marketing tie-in for the new Batman v. Superman/DC Extended Universe movie franchise launch. I wouldn't put it past DC to ghostwrite books using Miller's name. They need all the help they can get. The trailer for "Suicide Squad" is still more successful than "Batman v Superman"'s. That's got them scared.
    Last edited by tbgo; 09-26-2015 at 04:07 PM.