Page 551 of 554 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554 LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 8299
  1. #8251
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    If you were given 6 months to live, but were told you could be uploaded to an android body to stay alive, would you?
    I would not. As a Christian I can't wait to see my Lord face to face. I love my family and friends, but if the Lord took me home to His heavenly kingdom tonight, I would be happy.

    I am not old (49), but I have had a great life that has been even more-so with God in my life. I have been blessed beyond measure. I would gladly die and go to live in Heaven with the Lord than live on in some unnatural way. I have even told my family that if something happens and I have to be kept on life support to live, I don't want that. I have it in my will as well.

    I believe Paul said it best in 2 Corinthians 5:6-8

    6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

    7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight)

    8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...+5&version=KJV
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  2. #8252
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    DISCIPLESHIP REQUIRES PRAYER
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ugust-18-2019/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  3. #8253
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm ashamed to say I would probably take the android body option. I wish my faith was stronger. While I think there is an afterlife I'm worried where exactly I might end up there or what it might be like overall. What about you?
    As an atheist, I would choose life.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  4. #8254
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    For the record, I know you and the others don't mean anything derogatory when you say it's hallucinations. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as no one is being rude or offensive, which you guys are not being. To my knowledge, you have never offended me or have been rude to me Kirby. We may not agree on some things when it comes to Christianity, but we respect each other's opinions.
    Thanks Who. I see this as a believers thread and I am a guest.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-18-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  5. #8255
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  6. #8256
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    JESUS, MARRIAGE, AND CHILDREN
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ugust-20-2019/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  7. #8257
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Anyone know where Adkal is? I noticed that he hasn't been here in a while
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  8. #8258
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    LAST IN THE KINGDOM
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ugust-21-2019/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  9. #8259
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    FRONT ROW SEATS
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ugust-22-2019/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  10. #8260
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    THE USELESS TREE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ugust-23-2019/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  11. #8261
    an alien on planet earth [rono]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Luke 12:

    22Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life b ? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

    27“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

    32“Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
    Last edited by [rono]; 08-23-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Together we can move mountains
    rono.info

  12. #8262
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,998

    Default

    I think I may have found my favorite Saint

    Patron Saint of Snark
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  13. #8263
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [rono] View Post
    Luke 12:

    22Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life b ? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

    27“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

    32“Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
    Thanks for sharing that rono
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  14. #8264
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think I may have found my favorite Saint

    Patron Saint of Snark
    Thomas has always got a bad rap for doubting Christ Risen at first. But like she pointed out in this article, he did help spread the gospel.

    Thanks Tami
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  15. #8265
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,827

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    PREPARING FOR THE END
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ugust-26-2019/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •