Page 567 of 574 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 8604
    BANNED

Today's Devotion:

FROM SHYNESS TO BOLDNESS
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/29/

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hello tbaron. It's very nice to see you here. Welcome to this thread. I would suggest you start with the new testament, particularly the gospel of John. It's the fourth book in the new testament. Then after that, I would read the other three gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke. These gospels cover Jesus' life, mission, death and resurrection.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask them here and we will gladly answer any and all questions.
    Thank you for the tips. I am looking forward to this journey. Even if it leads to nothing more then learning something new.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Pull List - Lois Lane, Amazing Mary Jane, Black Cat, Doctor Doom, Gwen Stacy, Jane Foster Valkyrie, Morbius Savage Avengers, Strike Force, Something Is Killing The Children

My name change was approved. Old name. Tbaron

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Thank you for the tips. I am looking forward to this journey. Even if it leads to nothing more then learning something new.
    You're welcome!

BANNED

Today's Devotion:

GOD SHOWS NO PARTIALITY
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/30/

Is God your best friend? Do you truly love Him above all else?
    Will you give all your money to christian ministries? If you say Yes, give all your money now to Wycliff bible translation site. Give your money to help bring the bible alive in the languages of other believers!
    Will you give up your loved ones for God? If God takes away all your family members today, will you still praise Him?

Is God your best friend? Do you truly love Him above all else? If He is to inflict you with illnesses today, will you still love Him? If you become blind, crippled or lame, will you still praise Him?
    Is God your best friend? Do you truly love Him above all else? If you go to prison for Him, will you still love Him? If you are not afraid to go to prison for Him, why not stand up against homosexuality, sexual immoralities, and preach the gospels like the way He tells you to.

Is God your best friend? Do you truly love Him above else?
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

That is pretty harsh bigotry there. And I never understood why the creator of the Universe needs my money? If he has access to a 100 billion galaxies, why does he want to impoverish me?

And God is definitely not my best friend. My best friend would never ask for all my money.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by hishandmaiden View Post
    Is God your best friend? Do you truly love Him above all else?
    Will you give all your money to christian ministries? If you say Yes, give all your money now to Wycliff bible translation site. Give your money to help bring the bible alive in the languages of other believers!
    Will you give up your loved ones for God? If God takes away all your family members today, will you still praise Him?

Is God your best friend? Do you truly love Him above all else? If He is to inflict you with illnesses today, will you still love Him? If you become blind, crippled or lame, will you still praise Him?
    Is God your best friend? Do you truly love Him above all else? If you go to prison for Him, will you still love Him? If you are not afraid to go to prison for Him, why not stand up against homosexuality, sexual immoralities, and preach the gospels like the way He tells you to.

Is God your best friend? Do you truly love Him above else?
    That post encompasses everything wrong with Christianity today.
    Give all your money? Stand up against..? Greed and hate is wrong no matter how you dress it up.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

If people can make fun of christianity in comics, why can't I stand up for what the bible says is right?
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If people can make fun of christianity in comics, why can't I stand up for what the bible says is right?
    The bible contains some 50,000 verses written in archaic and vague verbiage interpreted, edited, reinterpreted and misinterpreted over and over again for millennia.
    Anyone can find a verse which can be twisted to support whatever preconceived notion they care to argue.

You're not standing up for what the bible says is right. You're standing up for what you think the bible says is right.

You're masking opinion as gospel, and frankly your opinions are awful.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

Anyone here follow Robert M. Price? He's what got me into theology.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

No one is stopping you. That would be alerting your post and asking to have it removed.

Chad and I responded that we thought it was bigoted and don't accept your view of Christianity.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    Anyone here follow Robert M. Price? He's what got me into theology.
    I didn't know him, so I Googled. Pretty interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is pretty harsh bigotry there. And I never understood why the creator of the Universe needs my money? If he has access to a 100 billion galaxies, why does he want to impoverish me?

And God is definitely not my best friend. My best friend would never ask for all my money.
    God does not need your money. When a Christian tithes, he/she does so to help support their church's finances (salaries, utilities, etc.). Kirby, all God wants from you is your love. That's it. Whether you believe it or not, He loves you. Even though you may not love Him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The bible contains some 50,000 verses written in archaic and vague verbiage interpreted, edited, reinterpreted and misinterpreted over and over again for millennia.
    This is simply not true and you know it Chad. We have debated this before.

BANNED

Today's Devotion:

ILLOGICAL AND IRONIC
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/03/