Page 512 of 565 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 8475

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Welcome back! Sounds exciting, this time in your life. Soak it in, man. I get what you are saying about other online communities, and have to agree that we have a very civil group here. Its nice to see non-Christians and Christians engaging in conversations without lions being involved.
    We should talk about Daniel (as) more

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    We should talk about Daniel (as) more
    I think that reference had more to do with Christians being fed to lions in the Coliseum under Roman persecution than Daniel 6. Either way, the analogy works.

Incredible Member

I’m starting from the beginning. People have been trying to get me to do this for a while, and I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I’m starting from the beginning. People have been trying to get me to do this for a while, and I finally caved.
    I did that when I started going through the Bible Framework series. I've read Genesis dozens of times over the course of my life and continues to amaze me at the level of understanding you get about who God is just in the first three chapters of Genesis.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    I did that when I started going through the Bible Framework series. I've read Genesis dozens of times over the course of my life and continues to amaze me at the level of understanding you get about who God is just in the first three chapters of Genesis.
    I remember reading Genesis as a child in Sunday school and completely missing the parts where God says "Let us make man in our image". Plural.

As I got older, i realized that I had failed as a child to recognize this verse and other verse's incredible meaning.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit had always been with God. They were truly a Holy Trinity.
    "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"--Romans 8:28

“A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

“Would you like a jelly baby?”--The Doctor

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"--Romans 8:28

“A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Genesis is awesome. I try to get Christians to read it more often.

Incredible Member

My favorite thing about Genesis is that, in my opinion, it’s the easiest read. Each verse is only a sentence or two, whereas later you would have to read whole parables at a time to really get anything out of it. I’m not even Christian.

Incredible Member
    The Classic Comics Forum: http://classiccomics.org

And appropriately enough for this board, Genesis has been adapted to comic form by a master of the craft:

https://www.amazon.com/Book-Genesis-.../dp/0393061027
    --
    The new home of the pre-2014 CBR Classic Comics Forum community: http://classiccomics.org

Today's Devotion:

GREATNESS IN GOD’S KINGDOM
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/21/

I really enjoy Genesis.
    It amazes me how God will use a selfish man like Jacob.
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

I sometimes read it for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I sometimes read it for entertainment.
    Even if people don't believe in the bible, there are a lot of scriptures that provide wisdom to those seeking it.