Page 561 of 568 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 8518
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Today's Devotion:

A PROPER PERSPECTIVE PRODUCES PRAISE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...2019-devotion/
    "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"--Romans 8:28

“A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

“Would you like a jelly baby?”--The Doctor

Today's Devotion:

GOD’S FINAL REVELATION
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ember-02-2019/
    "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"--Romans 8:28

“A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

Today's Devotion:

THE ETERNAL WORD
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ember-04-2019/

Today's Devotion:

SECOND PERSON OF THE TRINITY
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ember-05-2019/

Today's Devotion:

MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND HUMANITY
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ember-11-2019/

Today's Devotion:

LIGHT OF THE WORLD
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ember-12-2019/

Today's Devotion:

THE BREAD OF LIFE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ember-13-2019/

Today's Devotion:

THE LIVING STONE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ember-14-2019/

9 days to go (unless you're of those who celebrate in 8 days... or those who celebrate in January ).

Regardless of your faith, if you're able to, please share a little of your good fortune (perhaps a bit of your time, if you can) with those around you who are less fortunate.

I used to spend a little time with my elderly neighbour (other than when I was working abroad). It wasn't much more than a chat and giving her (and her husband) a card and some chocolates or biscuits, but it was something we did almost every year. This will be the first year when I won't be doing that as, unfortunately, she passed away a couple of months ago

A lifetime ago, I volunteered at a homeless shelter. That was quite the eye-opener. I'd like to do that again but (I'm being honest with you about my selfishness) I'm looking forward to spending the time with my little one.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    9 days to go (unless you're of those who celebrate in 8 days... or those who celebrate in January ).

Regardless of your faith, if you're able to, please share a little of your good fortune (perhaps a bit of your time, if you can) with those around you who are less fortunate.

I used to spend a little time with my elderly neighbour (other than when I was working abroad). It wasn't much more than a chat and giving her (and her husband) a card and some chocolates or biscuits, but it was something we did almost every year. This will be the first year when I won't be doing that as, unfortunately, she passed away a couple of months ago

A lifetime ago, I volunteered at a homeless shelter. That was quite the eye-opener. I'd like to do that again but (I'm being honest with you about my selfishness) I'm looking forward to spending the time with my little one.
    Thanks for sharing that adkal. If everyone did something nice for someone, this world would be a better place.

I volunteered at a place called "Mary's Table" one time, with my daughter and one of her friends, just to give them (and me) the experience. Their job was to wipe the tables off, keep them clean, you know? Well, they kept going and trying to clean up the area right where people were still eating! Some of the people were getting annoyed, haha.

Anyway, it was a great experience to see people less fortunate and do a little something for them. Its more blessed to give than to receive - so, in a way, its sort of selfish too? In a good way.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

This is awesome Adkal!