Page 592 of 592 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592
Results 8,866 to 8,874 of 8874

The reasons for homophobic bigotry doesn't make it any less bigoted.

(I understand that the two who posted here did not say they are anti-Gay)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I heard Pratt had been getting grief. Was this over the Pope talking about gays and family?

There is a very good set of verses every Christian needs to know, starting in the early part of Matthew 7. Its one of the most challenging things Jesus ever said and thats saying quite a bit!

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

In a world where everyone tends to be judgmental of others, one of the ways a Christian is supposed to stand out and follow Christ is to not be judgmental of others. There are so many example of Christ not being judgmental when he could have been. The one group of people he had no patience for were the church people at the time who were out there encouraging people to basically be judgmental of others.

Dunno, its a tough walk man.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Pratt goes to a church that is against people living as Gay. They say they welcome all people, but they only welcome Gay people who refrain from any homosexual life. The Church also opposes Gay marriage and wants it overturned.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Pratt goes to a church that is against people living as Gay. They say they welcome all people, but they only welcome Gay people who refrain from any homosexual life. The Church also opposes Gay marriage and wants it overturned.
    Thanks.

I stand by the judgment verses from Jesus. Christians should trust him more and not be so concerned over who comes to church with them, and so controlling over who is "in" and who is "not in." Thing is though, churches are a social group primarily. And like any of those, there are "ins" and "outs" no matter how noble the intentions. Jesus was homeless, had no home church, no church councils to answer to directly, no church membership getting all up in his business. I can appreciate the attraction of that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Christ never cared for politics. His role on Earth was to teach humanity to love one another, invite the gentiles to Godís concerns that and give the human race a second chance with his death and resurrection.

Throw the politics crap out the window here. Sure the dems do abortions. But the GOP is not bringing the kingdom of Heaven here. They have been turning it into Hell on Earth and I could list a good number of reasons.

I have read the Bible three times. Not always remembering the verses but I know the messages and to live by them.

Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Ecclesiastes always has some food for thought:

"Then I turned my thoughts to consider wisdom,
    and also madness and folly.
    What more can the king’s successor do
    than what has already been done?"
    2:12

"For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
    the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
    Like the fool, the wise too must die!"
    2:16

"So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?"
    3:22
    OP characters make me itch

Anyone know of any christian comic publisher?
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Incredible Member
    The Classic Comics Forum: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    Anyone know of any christian comic publisher?
    http://www.christiancomicsinternatio.../cci_home.html might help you find what you're looking for.

BTW, does anyone know if Whovian is OK? He posted here very regularly for a long time, then suddenly stopped.
    --
    The new home of the pre-2014 CBR Classic Comics Forum community: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    http://www.christiancomicsinternatio.../cci_home.html might help you find what you're looking for.

BTW, does anyone know if Whovian is OK? He posted here very regularly for a long time, then suddenly stopped.
    His last post was in September. Hope he is OK as well.