Page 102 of 586 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 8780
    BANNED

I think you are because real science doesn't conflict with religion at all, but what people try to pass for science these days is a religion itself. Most people haven't verified a damn scientific "fact" that they profess to believe in. They simply swallow whatever is thrown their way. To be fair, a lot of religious people are guilty of the same bad habits. Bible prophecy made me a believer though, and I'm watching it unfold before my eyes.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I think you are because real science doesn't conflict with religion at all, but what people try to pass for science these days is a religion itself. Most people haven't verified a damn scientific "fact" that they profess to believe in. They simply swallow whatever is thrown their way. To be fair, a lot of religious people are guilty of the same bad habits. Bible prophecy made me a believer though, and I'm watching it unfold before my eyes.

Oh for goodness sake. Bad people doing bad things and stupid people being stupid is not a sign of the end times or bible prophecy unfolding. If it were the human race would have met its end centuries ago.

Anywho I do agree that science doesnt have to conflict with religion. Heck there are times when both can conflict with themselves.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Are you familiar with Daniel 11:36-39? That prophecy is being fulfilled right now. Isis (the Queen of Heaven) is the "god of forces". We're seeing it happen.

Are you familiar with Daniel 11:36-39? That prophecy is being fulfilled right now. Isis (the Queen of Heaven) is the "god of forces". We're seeing it happen.

Well its your right to believe what you want. But i think calling a Terrorist group proof of biblical prophecy is abit of a stretch. Its not like their havent been terrorist/hate groups for centuries in some way shape or form.

But hey, to each their own.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Throughout the millenia, many individuals and organisations have been believed to be this king from Daniel 11:36-39... It's no more true now than when it was the Soviet Union not that long ago.

BANNED

So what are you guys waiting for? What will it take to convince you that you're living in that time? Do you think you're going to get a big neon sign letting you know? If you don't have the ability to recognize the significance in the events and the symbolism (that's a big one) then I'm positive you will not know the flood is coming until you're already neck deep in it! Because you can't see how things are building upon each other, and one step leads to the next. Remember the parable of the wise and the foolish virgins. Be ready because we're closer than you guys can realize.

BANNED

I think you are because real science doesn't conflict with religion at all, but what people try to pass for science these days is a religion itself. Most people haven't verified a damn scientific "fact" that they profess to believe in.
    Could you name an example?
    Because I am hoping you're talking about anit-vaxxers and such, but I am worried you're not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Could you name an example?
    Because I am hoping you're talking about anit-vaxxers and such, but I am worried you're not.
    Have you verified the age of the earth? Or do you have faith that what you're told about the world you live in is true? I'm not saying that what scientists say is not always true, especially when the scientists are genuine and not trying to exclude the possibility of God existing. If anyone tells me the earth is between 7000 and 12000 years old, I can believe that because my bible says so. If anyone tells me it's older than that, I will be skeptical. Either way, it takes faith because I can't (or haven't) tested it and proved it. How many people will admit that it takes as much FAITH to not believe in God as it does to believe in Him. That's my point. It's not about science vs God. That's an asinine position for anyone to take, as if science can't prove there is a God, and we know it can because Romans 1:20 tells us as much (as I'm just remembering now).

BANNED

Yeah, I was afraid you meant things like that.

I mean, there is broad scientific consensus about Earth being much, much older than your bible says. To deny that is to disconnect yourself from reality in a way that does not look healthy to me.

Rouge. The Earth is billions of years old. This is a fact. We have things like carbon dating and what not to find the age of fossils.

And as a Christian myself. I gotta say denying that is what makes people of faith look like idiots.

And really the bible being wrong about something (like the age of the earth) doesnt mean there isnt a God, it just means not everyone in ancient times was all that bright. XD

Seriously though. Faith is a good thing to have and an important part of human life. But it shouldnt get in the way of common sense. God gave us brains for a reason after all.

BANNED

So what are you guys waiting for? What will it take to convince you that you're living in that time? Do you think you're going to get a big neon sign letting you know? If you don't have the ability to recognize the significance in the events and the symbolism (that's a big one) then I'm positive you will not know the flood is coming until you're already neck deep in it! Because you can't see how things are building upon each other, and one step leads to the next. Remember the parable of the wise and the foolish virgins. Be ready because we're closer than you guys can realize.
    Eh, well, all of that falls under the realm of fiction from where I standing, and the only the world is ending is of we end it ourselves (which is sadly not that farfetched a possibility).

And I do come from a very christian-fundamentalist background, and I had all those prophesies for the end times drilled into me, complete with what was the then 'accepted' explanation for every bit of text 20-25 years ago, and it turns out that no, they were all flatout wrong.

It's kind of funny to see those prophesies pop up again now with all brand-new explanations, like a DC reboot.

Yeah, I'll never get the denominations of Christianity that obsess over "the end times" its all just utter ridiculousness. Personally i'm in the camp that believes the whole book of Revelations is bullox. And really there is evidence to back that up.

http://www.christian-community.org/l...velheresy.html

At the end of the day I believe being a Christian is about following the teachings of Christ and living a good life. Not worrying about a biblical Apocolypse that will never happen or using your faith to spread hate or contridict common sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Yeah, I was afraid you meant things like that.

I mean, there is broad scientific consensus about Earth being much, much older than your bible says. To deny that is to disconnect yourself from reality in a way that does not look healthy to me.
    And so you dodged the point. It doesn't matter what a consensus says. Do you believe it without having proved it? That takes faith. People are part of a religion and don't even know it.

BANNED

And so you dodged the point. It doesn't matter what a consensus says. Do you believe it without having proved it? That takes faith. People are part of a religion and don't even know it.
    If we didn't know enough about radiation to understand half-life and use it, we wouldn't understand radiation enough to use it to produce electricity.

Anyway, science doesn't care aout how old the earth is. It cares about mathematical descriptions of reality that work to predict how reality will react to stimuli. And when those models say that the Earth is x number of years old, then it is accepted that this is how old the earth is until such time that this model is invalidated and replaced by one that describes reality better.

Science runs in drastically different rules than religion. "Belief" is simply not applicable.

And no, unles you're willing to donate me a LOT of money, I'm not getting a nuclear physics degree so I can check it for myself.

BANNED

I am reminded of this story about Bill Nye the Science Guy:

The Emmy-winning scientist angered a few audience members when he criticized literal interpretation of the biblical verse Genesis 1:16, which reads: "God made two great lights - the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars."
    He pointed out that the sun, the "greater light," is but one of countless stars and that the "lesser light" is the moon, which really is not a light at all, rather a reflector of light.
    A number of audience members left the room at that point, visibly angered by what some perceived as irreverence.
    "We believe in a God!" exclaimed one woman as she left the room with three young children.
    http://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_...b84073886.html
    Last edited by jeanvaljean; 06-16-2016 at 12:23 PM.