Page 498 of 557 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 8345
  1. #7456
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,887

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    OUR PIONEER IN THE FAITH
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/05/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  2. #7457
    Mighty Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    How often, when you pray, do you say the Lord's Prayer (or a close variation of it)?

  3. #7458
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    How often, when you pray, do you say the Lord's Prayer (or a close variation of it)?
    It depends. I pray something like it every day. Sometimes more.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  4. #7459
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,887

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    THE PROMISED SABBATH REST
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/08/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  5. #7460
    Fantastic Member hishandmaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    How often, when you pray, do you say the Lord's Prayer (or a close variation of it)?
    Once in awhile. Usually, I just pray my own version of prayers.
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

  6. #7461
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,887

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    THE DANGER OF FALLING AWAY
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/10/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  7. #7462
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,887

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    CONFIDENCE IN GOD’S WORD TO US
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/11/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  8. #7463
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,887

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    MELCHIZEDEK THE PRIEST
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/12/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  9. #7464
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,887

    Default

    Today's Devotion:

    CHRIST’S SUPERIOR PRIESTHOOD, PART 2
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/15/
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

    “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

    “You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

  10. #7465
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Did you just seriously contend that the Bible is a source of accurate science?
    Look at what it says about any of the sciences which have been proven to be true.

  11. #7466
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Look at what it says about any of the sciences which have been proven to be true.
    Could you explain that? Examples?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  12. #7467
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Could you explain that? Examples?
    Things that were brought up in the bible then proven to be true years later by the science communities and science.
    Leviticus 17:11 The Life of the Flesh is in the blood.


    The Earth is round brought up in Isaiah 42:20 along with the Earth's shape in Job 26:10 which was before Eratosthenes said the idea the Earth is spherical in 240 BC.

    Vast years before Galileo Galilei disapproved the assumption that the air has no weight in the Bible in Job it's talked about that God "Imparted weight to the wind and meted out the waters to measure." Job 28:25
    So the whole the Air has weight talked about in the Bible proven to be a fact by years later
    Galilei with his experiment.

    Mountains under the Sea that have been proven and centuries before that happened it was talked about long before that with Jonah while talking about his time under the Ocean "I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever." Jonah 2:6

    Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.

    When dealing with disease, clothes and body should be washed under running water (Leviticus 15:13). For centuries people naively washed in standing water. Today we recognize the need to wash away germs with fresh water.
    Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). Up until 120 years ago, sick people were “bled” and many died as a result (e.g. George Washington). Today we know that healthy blood is necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God declared that “the life of the flesh is in the blood” long before science understood its function.

    This are Biblical Facts that years later because proven to be right Science agrees with which is astounding since the whole the Bible isn't reliable and it's a Outdated System which is laughable because a high amount of science facts that get proven to be right or factual that Science agrees with.
    The First Law of Thermodynamics established (Genesis 2:1-2). The First Law states that the total quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant. One form of energy or matter may be converted into another, but the total quantity always remains the same. Therefore the creation is finished, exactly as God said way back in Genesis.

    The logical conclusion would be God a Omniscient Omnipresent Omnipotent God is providing the knowledge to humans for all of these science facts which continue to get proven to be factual by Science.
    Otherwise it's pretty damn implausible and unbelievable that humans have this advanced knowledge of more than a 80 science facts talked about in the Bible that have been proven to be right and factual years later since a common criticism is The Bible is made up, along with the belief that God isn't real.


    http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

    If anyone wants to read about 101 Science Facts that are talked about in The Bible, and that Science agrees with.

  13. #7468
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    Scientific truth at the time the Bible was pretty much the definition of nascent in most ways other than weapons and construction technologies. The Bible ironically has almost no information about the science of its day. You can't learn how to make a sword or plow a field from it, or how to build a house out of mud and straw. But in terms of the way the universe is constructed, from the tiniest things to the largest things - its kind of uncannily strong. Especially for not being a scientific document but a religious text whose science is very ancillary to otherwise more philosophical ideas.

    People usually think of the miracles and because they cannot be duplicated or understood, automatically decide the Bible is anti-science. This conclusion is not any more true now than the flat earth theory once was. Miracles are a whole different topic, though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  14. #7469
    Mighty Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    The Earth is round brought up in Isaiah 42:20 ...
    You have seen many things, but you pay no attention; your ears are open, but you do not listen

    You mean Isaiah 40:22

    He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth...

  15. #7470
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Things that were brought up in the bible then proven to be true years later by the science communities and science.
    Leviticus 17:11 The Life of the Flesh is in the blood.


    The Earth is round brought up in Isaiah 42:20 along with the Earth's shape in Job 26:10 which was before Eratosthenes said the idea the Earth is spherical in 240 BC.

    Vast years before Galileo Galilei disapproved the assumption that the air has no weight in the Bible in Job it's talked about that God "Imparted weight to the wind and meted out the waters to measure." Job 28:25
    So the whole the Air has weight talked about in the Bible proven to be a fact by years later
    Galilei with his experiment.

    Mountains under the Sea that have been proven and centuries before that happened it was talked about long before that with Jonah while talking about his time under the Ocean "I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever." Jonah 2:6

    Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.

    When dealing with disease, clothes and body should be washed under running water (Leviticus 15:13). For centuries people naively washed in standing water. Today we recognize the need to wash away germs with fresh water.
    Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). Up until 120 years ago, sick people were “bled” and many died as a result (e.g. George Washington). Today we know that healthy blood is necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God declared that “the life of the flesh is in the blood” long before science understood its function.

    This are Biblical Facts that years later because proven to be right Science agrees with which is astounding since the whole the Bible isn't reliable and it's a Outdated System which is laughable because a high amount of science facts that get proven to be right or factual that Science agrees with.
    The First Law of Thermodynamics established (Genesis 2:1-2). The First Law states that the total quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant. One form of energy or matter may be converted into another, but the total quantity always remains the same. Therefore the creation is finished, exactly as God said way back in Genesis.

    The logical conclusion would be God a Omniscient Omnipresent Omnipotent God is providing the knowledge to humans for all of these science facts which continue to get proven to be factual by Science.
    Otherwise it's pretty damn implausible and unbelievable that humans have this advanced knowledge of more than a 80 science facts talked about in the Bible that have been proven to be right and factual years later since a common criticism is The Bible is made up, along with the belief that God isn't real.


    http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

    If anyone wants to read about 101 Science Facts that are talked about in The Bible, and that Science agrees with.
    Thank you for your answer.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •